ImageImage

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes: 67

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely to be traded 

Post#61 » by CanadaBucks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm

JayMKE wrote:Trading Jennings would be one of the dumbest things we could do. A big man and a PG? Really? Probably something along the lines of Biedrens and Jarret Jack.

Worst part about trading Jennings would be our stupid front office would be desperate to hold on to Monta Ellis. Can't lose all the electricity?

I have no confidence in any positive trades happening at the deadline. I hope we stand put and that Hammond doesn't screw this team anymore than he already has.

But if the team is so screwed, why stay put?
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#62 » by Bfinkish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Not a pau fan. :/. Older might just be a injury prone fella for the next few years now. Ehhh, prime has passed.
God is good.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#63 » by Steve210 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I hope they don't move Jennings either, I think he's still got a lot to work on, but he still has a very high ceiling. I consider our core players Jennings, Sanders, Moute, Ersan, Henson, and possibly Lamb and Tobias. I wouldn't want to see any of those guys dealt, I think everyone else is expendable. If you can get a young asset or draft picks for a Gooden, Dalembert, Monta, or Udoh, I'd strongly consider it.

The Toronto trade scenario's make no sense to me, if Terrence Ross isn't coming back in any of the deals I'm hanging up the phone because I have no interest in anyone else on that roster. Lowry? Amir Johnson? those guys are scrubs, no thanks.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#64 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Trading Jennings would be one of the dumbest things we could do. A big man and a PG? Really? Probably something along the lines of Biedrens and Jarret Jack.

Worst part about trading Jennings would be our stupid front office would be desperate to hold on to Monta Ellis. Can't lose all the electricity?

I have no confidence in any positive trades happening at the deadline. I hope we stand put and that Hammond doesn't screw this team anymore than he already has.

If Jennings gets too big of an offer I'll just let him walk with Monta. Tank hard next season.

Staying mediocre just is killing any interest I have in this team. Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson? Are you serious?
FREE GIANNIS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#65 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

It'd be tough to tank hard with our frontcourt.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#66 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

What wrote:Brewhoop mentioned sending Jennings with one of Ilyasova, Gooden, Dalembert, or Udrih to Phoenix for Gortat and Dragic.
Gortat is a big body that would provide a post-oriented meat-and-potatoes option to pair with the Bucks' current collection of string bean forwards. Jennings is a 23-year-old lead guard who would fit into the Suns' rebuilding project. The only problem is that Phoenix already has a point guard in Goran Dragic. The idea is that the Bucks could send Jennings out with some other high-salary option (Ersan Ilyasova, Drew Gooden, Samuel Dalembert, Beno Udrih) in exchange for Gortat and Dragic -- who is in the first year of a four-year, $30 million deal he signed with the Suns during the off-season. Feel free to play around with the trade machine and see if you find any combinations that excite you.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/1/18/3891630/nba-trade-rumors-brandon-jennings-marcin-gortat

No thanks.

Phoenix totally isn't mediocre with Gortat and Dragic.
FREE GIANNIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#67 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

The only way you pay him is if you think he'll improve. I've seen 4 years of minimal improvement and no change in his style of play that convinces me that the Brandon we see now is any different from the one we would have next year, the year after that, the year after that etc. He's not a true point guard, his ability to create in the lane is laughable and his game lives and dies by his inconsistent jumper. I'm not taking a $40+ million risk on him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#68 » by giraldo5 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Bfinkish wrote:Jennings is much more valuable then a lot of you guys think. Not saying the dude is a superstar but wouldn't trade him for Amir and Lowry. Jennings is still only 23. I'm a huge believer in his development. He won't hit his peak till 27ish. Plays hard and cares a lot about the game. I don't hear about him getting in trouble and seems to do a good amount of help in the community. Obvious that he prolly would like to play in Miami or LA but seems to have a good heart with playing in Milwaukee too. He's definitley developed a heart here.

Call me crazy but I believe he is a top 10-12 pg and I would def pay him 4/40. We are Milwauke. There won't be a top 10-12 FA that wants to sign here. If we already have a top 10-12 pg (especially someone that likes it here) then lets pay him and keep focusing somewhere else. Brandon has always had to play w crap next to him - salmons, maggette, sjax, and now Ellis (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone haha). I'd say for being as young as he has he has done what he could. I personally see him developing bit by bit under questionable coaching and poor sg support. I'd say rid ourselves of monta and gooden to clean that up and go from there. I'd be sad to see him traded. Think he could have a Larry sanders year where he completely gets it and goes off. Just gotta get the cancers out.

I could be wrong but that is just my 2 cents.

1. Paul
2. Irving
3. parker
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
7. Holiday
8. Curry
9. Rose
10. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio

I left out Deron, Lawson, Nash, Dragic, Wall, Lowry, Conley, Kemba, Bledsoe, as they can be arued at this point. No way in Hell is he a top 12 PG.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#69 » by Run-MKE 311 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm

I would really be surprised if the Bucks moved Brandon, agreed with most of this board, that list is Sh*t!

I will really be pissed if we move Brandon for just a collection of junk. It would be such a standard Bucks move.
Ball so hard.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#70 » by blazza18 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm

If we move one of the swag I would of thought it would be Ellis. Guess we'll wait and see. Knowing the FO they'll do something dumb anyway.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Bfinkish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm

JayMKE wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:

If Jennings gets too big of an offer I'll just let him walk with Monta. Tank hard next season.

Staying mediocre just is killing any interest I have in this team. Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson? Are you serious?

Yep
God is good.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#72 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 pm

DrugBust wrote:It'd be tough to tank hard with our frontcourt.

we could tank very hard if our backcourt was just Doron Lamb + white PG from Duke

Honestly the team does appear to prepped to sold, we have hardly no long term contracts besides Gooden, Ersan, and Mbah A Moute. We'd obviously move Gooden if we can and I think one of Ersan or Luc could be traded. Jennings, Ellis, Dunleavy, Dalembert, Udrih, Pryzbilla, and Daniels could all be gone next season.
FREE GIANNIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#73 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 pm

JayMKE wrote:If Jennings gets too big of an offer I'll just let him walk with Monta. Tank hard next season.

If Kohl and co. decide to rebuild and would be willing to let Jennings and Monta walk, I don't see why you wouldn't take Lowry. You could easily flip him if you decide to rebuild. Like ridiculously easy.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#74 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 pm

giraldo5 wrote:
Bfinkish wrote:Jennings is much more valuable then a lot of you guys think. Not saying the dude is a superstar but wouldn't trade him for Amir and Lowry. Jennings is still only 23. I'm a huge believer in his development. He won't hit his peak till 27ish. Plays hard and cares a lot about the game. I don't hear about him getting in trouble and seems to do a good amount of help in the community. Obvious that he prolly would like to play in Miami or LA but seems to have a good heart with playing in Milwaukee too. He's definitley developed a heart here.

Call me crazy but I believe he is a top 10-12 pg and I would def pay him 4/40. We are Milwauke. There won't be a top 10-12 FA that wants to sign here. If we already have a top 10-12 pg (especially someone that likes it here) then lets pay him and keep focusing somewhere else. Brandon has always had to play w crap next to him - salmons, maggette, sjax, and now Ellis (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone haha). I'd say for being as young as he has he has done what he could. I personally see him developing bit by bit under questionable coaching and poor sg support. I'd say rid ourselves of monta and gooden to clean that up and go from there. I'd be sad to see him traded. Think he could have a Larry sanders year where he completely gets it and goes off. Just gotta get the cancers out.

1. Paul
2. Irving
3. parker
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
7. Holiday
8. Curry
9. Rose
10. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio

I left out Deron, Lawson, Nash, Dragic, Wall, Lowry, Conley, Kemba, Bledsoe, as they can be arued at this point. No way in Hell is he a top 12 PG.

Jennings is better than Rubio. Lawson hasn't been very good this season. Rose is out this season so not sure why you're including him and he should be higher if he were.
FREE GIANNIS
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Bfinkish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 pm

giraldo5 wrote:

1. Paul
2. Irving
3. parker
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
7. Holiday
8. Curry
9. Rose
10. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio

Um you didn't leave Lawson out. You put him on both lists. Also lillard
God is good.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#76 » by JayMKE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:If Jennings gets too big of an offer I'll just let him walk with Monta. Tank hard next season.

If Kohl and co. decide to rebuild and would be willing to let Jennings and Monta walk, I don't see why you wouldn't take Lowry. You could easily flip him if you decide to rebuild. Like ridiculously easy.

Because we wouldn't be rebuilding then... We'd just be where we are right now.
FREE GIANNIS
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by Bfinkish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

giraldo5 wrote:

1. Paul
2. Irving
3. parker
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
7. Holiday
8. Curry
9. Rose
10. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio

Um you didn't leave Lawson out. You put him on both lists. Lillard already a top 10 pg? Eh Rubio? Nah. Nash is too old now. Holiday? Eh. Lowry? Nah. You gotta remember the factors I said earlier - HC, poor combinations, still young. It's debatable.
God is good.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#78 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:27 pm

The problem in comparing Jennings to other PG's is that Jennings isn't much of a PG from a creator standpoint, he is an undersized 2 guard, I have said this from the start and I have known the majority of the talent evaluators for this team feel the same way. We all agree Ellis isn't a PG yet he has a much better passing instinct and setting up teammates than Jennings does. The good news is if guys do start to getting dealt probably a good sign the team is sold.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#79 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Would the raptors consider this

Jennings/Ilyasova for Calderon/Ross
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#80 » by giraldo5 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

Bfinkish wrote:
giraldo5 wrote:

1. Paul
2. Irving
3. parker
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo
7. Holiday
8. Curry
9. Rose
10. Lawson
12. Lillard
13. Rubio

Um you didn't leave Lawson out. You put him on both lists. Also lillard

Also Lillard what? Hes easily better than Jennings. The list wasn't meant to be a ranking either. Just started naming guys off the top of my head. Everyone here takes Rubio over Jennings 10 times out of 10 even id contract situation is excluded.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks