ImageImage

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes: 67

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED) 

Post#501 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:If Brandon even raises his percentages to a respectable level (still a solid jump for him).

Dude, you are so addicted to your agenda, you’ll say anything… awful.

Bellyaching that a player with a TS of .513 the last two seasons is a solid jump away from a respectable level is pathetically laughable.

League average is 53.1%. 1.8% is a pretty big jump. No agenda, it's a fact.

Agreed. What is he talking about?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,614

Post#502 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

Ayt wrote:Agreed. What is he talking about?

Apparently I have some blind hate for him but when I use stats to back up my arguments I am just wrong.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#503 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:42 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Apparently I have some blind hate for him but when I use stats to back up my arguments I am just wrong.

Now you’re playing the victim card- it’s amusing how haters always seem to do that.

Do have a link that he isn’t already respectable, especially when factoring in the crap offense & offensive talent he‘s had to play in/with, or are you just spewing hate?

Even though Jennings has already improved his TS by almost 4.0% from his first year to his last 2 years, you discount that. Yet, now claim a jump of 1.8% is “pretty big”… too funny!

Oh well, get yur hate on... Giddy up!
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#504 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:47 am

4xBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Apparently I have some blind hate for him but when I use stats to back up my arguments I am just wrong.

Now you’re playing the victim card- it’s amusing how haters always seem to do that.

Do have a link that he isn’t already respectable, especially when factoring in the crap offense & offensive talent he‘s had to play in/with, or are you just spewing hate?

Even though Jennings has already improved his TS by almost 4.0% from his first year to his last 2 years, you discount that. Yet, now claim a jump of 1.8% is “pretty big”… too funny!

Oh well, get yur hate on... Giddy up!

So he went from **** awful to merely bad?

You do also realize, I'm sure, that the higher your TS% gets the harder it is to improve.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#505 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am

Ayt wrote:
So he went from **** awful to merely bad?

You do also realize, I'm sure, that the higher your TS% gets the harder it is to improve.

Giddy up!
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#506 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

Ayt, your points are well taken, but if u see the likely outcome being that we overpay Jennings on a long term extension in the 10-12 mil per range, and since u also believe there is a very low chance he improves much or at all as a player from where he is now, then that means the bucks are in deep sh*t in regard to our options with him and time is quickly running out. What is your preferred course of action, trade him before the deadline to the highest bidder? And would u be looking for another PG or just picks/young assets...
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#507 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 pm

To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,844

Post#508 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm

mattg wrote:What is defense to you then? Jennings ball pressure often eats up precious seconds of the shot clock which limits how much the offense can go to work. He also forces a lot of turnovers without gambling in e passing lanes.

This is an area where I'd be afraid we'd lose something if we moved Jennings. And an area where I can't buy into the nostalgia of Mo Williams, who was horrific at even applying on ball pressure. Mo would sit back in the free throw lane and invite the opposing PG to smoke a cigar and have a beer with him. And it would kill us. Jennings makes the opposing PG honest and that does have a strong effect on our defense.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#509 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 pm

For me the biggest reason I consider trading Jennings is b/c I think he's a good piece but I don't ever view him as being a face of the franchise player for a championship team, and I think he's going to command 12M/year. If he was a more consistent shooter and you could move him to SG, I'd be more inclined to keep too, but he's cold more than hot. In the end I just don't know if he is going to be worth the payday he is going to get.

I could be wrong, I hope so as in the end I think they'll keep him.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#510 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Its easy to spot a "hater." How? They cherry pick. For example, Jennings has played plenty of good games this year. We've voted him the 'Player of the Game' in a Bucks win multiple times throughout the course of the first half of the season. The blind haters can never just say "Brandon was great and his play propelled the Bucks to victory." Its not in their DNA to do so. Because of some strange agenda. They have to cherry pick. If Brandon ends up with 25 points on 50% shooting, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 turnovers, and plays pesky defense, the haters will post something along the line of: "Brandon was good in the first half of the 2nd quarter and made some shots down the stretch. But the rest of the game he was awful. Turning the ball over... taking and missing bad shots...missed Larry on a lob...dribbled too much...left the opposing point guard open for a 3..." But the Bucks WON and Jennings' play was the biggest factor in the WIN. Its amazing how many postgame threads have turned into sh*tfests because of some weird agenda.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#511 » by Chapter29 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I voted no, only because I like Jennings and wouldn't mind keeping him.

Now we don't know is what type of offers we'd receive for him and I will trade anyone on this team if the offer is right. My guess is that he will not be traded and will be resigned, sadly likely overpaying.
Giannis
is
UponUs
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#512 » by ackypoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Ayt wrote:
So your argument is that Baddy has the chance to be an enormous outlier? Should we re-sign Udoh because he has a <0 chance to become Ben Wallace?

Maybe Baddy will become a Nash/Billups clone and win the MVP every year for the next 6 seasons! It is possible! Sign him!

no, my point was pretty clearly stated, jennings is 23 and people get better.

thats not an outlier if you look at any pg career archs.
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#513 » by J-Nut » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.
It's like butta baby!!!!
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely to be traded 

Post#514 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

ackypoo wrote:jennings > lowry

now, in the past, and in the future.

everyone wanting to use metrics to measure this garbage might wanna check win shares. beyond lowry's better season, theyre similar, and jennings is 3 years younger.

I concur
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#515 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 pm

J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.

Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.
Do it for Chuck
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 418

Post#516 » by smauss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

I voted "Yes"; he is what he is and that is not good enough imho! He's inefficient (and not shy either), and not a very good distributor. I don't want to see us pay him.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#517 » by J-Nut » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.

Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.

Because crappy teams often times want to unload some $$$.

Why would Memphis trade Speights, Ellington, Selby and a draft pick to Cleveland for Leuer? Because they are obviously dumping salary.
It's like butta baby!!!!
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 75

Post#518 » by gbmb34 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

That's worse than Milwaukee (102.2).

I'd take Holiday over Jennings, but it's not a huge difference.

Thad Young's his only competent scoring teammate.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Jennings?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

The Bucks aren't exactly flush with offensive weapons either.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#519 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#520 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Sure but Philly are a bit worse. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks