ImageImage

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes: 67

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED) 

Post#561 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I think one of our wings needs to be a stud if the Bucks are ever going to be taken seriously.

Agreed. Maybe not Harden, but a Brandon Roy type or something. They need a guy who is multi-faceted and can also give 18-20 efficient points. If you add that to letting the young guys develop, I can see 50+ wins annually. Currently, if they let this core develop I think you're looking at a 45ish win/6 seed type team.

I would go after guys with potential in the draft, like Tobias, but get another late round pick for a guy that can play right now like the guys that I mentioned. We had the opportunity to go after Mayo this offseason but he wanted to go somewhere that he would be the starter and we had Ellis standing in the way. Those opportunities don't happen every offseason. Plus Harris is 20, ha can still make a leap.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#562 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:55 pm

emunney wrote:
Oladipo.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Spoiler:

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#563 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
yoshii8 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:Honestly, I don't mess with the frontcourt. Get us a wing and we're good.

Hendo _ Mayo are soon to be overpaid, and Afflalo + Lee are overpaid. Corey Brewer is in the last year of his deal making 3.24mil and they have Jordan Hamilton+Fournier riding the pine. I'd go after one of them.

Do you think Henderson gets a big contract? I'm not so sure I think MLE-ish which I think is fair provided his 3 shooting stays near this years level.. I would swap Udoh for him if Charlotte was inclined for depth this season and see what the offers were. He won't push the needle but he's a decent guy to have.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#564 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

CanadaBucks wrote:Do you think Henderson gets a big contract? I'm not so sure I think MLE-ish which I think is fair provided his 3 shooting stays near this years level.. I would swap Udoh for him if Charlotte was inclined for depth this season and see what the offers were. He won't push the needle but he's a decent guy to have.

He looked much improved earlier this season before the foot sprain, but he's been terrible lately. I think he'll always be a really good bench player but below average starter type. At the right price he's ok, but I wouldn't give up Udoh for him. I think Udoh is a better post defender than Hendo is a wing defender.

Spoiler:

mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#565 » by mattg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I think one of our wings needs to be a stud if the Bucks are ever going to be taken seriously.

Agreed. Maybe not Harden, but a Brandon Roy type or something. They need a guy who is multi-faceted and can also give 18-20 efficient points. If you add that to letting the young guys develop, I can see 50+ wins annually. Currently, if they let this core develop I think you're looking at a 45ish win/6 seed type team.

Honestly, basically every team needs a guy like this to be a contender, even ones with great PGs.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#566 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Stud 2 guard is the obvious need. I hope we draft a guy or get
Burks via trade.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#567 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 pm

mattg wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

Honestly, basically every team needs a guy like this to be a contender, even ones with great PGs.

Yep. And as much as I think Hammond has repeatedly f*cked up a lot of his important moves, it is kinda cool and encouraging to think that we have enough of a young core in place that, if we acquire a all-star level SG while keeping the rest of the young core (yes I realize its not likely to happen), we should be a contender in two or three years time. It doesn't leave room for a ton of hope, but it's loads more optimism than bucks fans have realistically been allowed in the past decade...
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#568 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
CanadaBucks wrote:Do you think Henderson gets a big contract? I'm not so sure I think MLE-ish which I think is fair provided his 3 shooting stays near this years level.. I would swap Udoh for him if Charlotte was inclined for depth this season and see what the offers were. He won't push the needle but he's a decent guy to have.

He looked much improved earlier this season before the foot sprain, but he's been terrible lately. I think he'll always be a really good bench player but below average starter type. At the right price he's ok, but I wouldn't give up Udoh for him. I think Udoh is a better post defender than Hendo is a wing defender.

I don't argue with that, just trading from glut to need is my point. Rather get a stud but not sure how that happens.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,393

Post#569 » by -Jragon- » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 pm

We need some more good rumors to talk about. The Gasol thing was fun, but it just seems unrealistic so I want more : )
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#570 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Just for the fun of it....

Knicks get: Jennings
Bucks get: Smith/Shumpert/2013 1st

Assuming that Smith and Ellis both opt out, we would be 26 mil under the cap with this outlook

Shumpert/??
????/lamb
Luc/Harris
Ilyasova/Henson
Sanders/Udoh
mattg
General Manager

Post#571 » by mattg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Good god that's atrocious. Shumpert is not only coming off a torn acl but he's not even a PG.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#572 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Just for the fun of it....

Bucks get: Smith/Shumpert

Assuming that Smith and Ellis both opt out, we would be 26 mil under the cap with this outlook

Shumpert/??
????/lamb
Luc/Harris
Ilyasova/Henson
Sanders/Udoh

Good Christ no way.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#573 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Bucks get: Smith/Shumpert/2013 1st

Yuck
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#574 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

Bucks get: Smith/Shumpert

Shumpert/??
????/lamb
Luc/Harris
Ilyasova/Henson
Sanders/Udoh

Good Christ no way.

Like I said, just for fun, plus im extreamly bored at work...i wouldn't do this, but considering some people want to trade him, this is the type of deal we probably would get.....Added the knicks 2013 1st ( Tim Hardaway Jr )
mattg
General Manager

Post#575 » by mattg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I'd rather give Jennings the max than do that trade even with the first.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 74

Post#576 » by gbmb34 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm

If the Bucks sign Jennings to 4 years 40, Sanders to 4 years 32, and keep Ersan, can they still sign Mayo to say 4 years 48?

I think a core of Jennings/Mayo/Harris/Ersan/Sanders is pretty damn good with an added breakout candidate in Henson and a great bench guy in Moute. You can keep Udoh as a good bench guy or as a nice trade chip for another position if you are confident in Henson/Sanders/Ersan to get a good majority of the PF/C minutes. Keep Doron Lamb as your 9th guy.

I think that team can win 50 games.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#577 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I don't see any way Sanders gets less than $10 mil a season. Hell if we can keep him for that long term we probably have a bargain.

And if we gave Mayo $12 million I'd black out from blind rage.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#578 » by CanadaBucks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm

DrugBust wrote:I don't see any way Sanders gets less than $10 mil a season. Hell if we can keep him for that long term we probably have a bargain.

And if we gave Mayo $12 million I'd black out from blind rage.

Hope we get him with Taj money but it's the position Larry plays that inflates the salary.
Pick and TRoll
Sophomore
And1: 23
Location: Crawling to contention through 26 years of **** smelling foulness you can't even imagine.

Post#579 » by Pick and TRoll » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Agreed. I was thinking about this the other night because I was trying to decide on my answer to this poll. As we all know, the tankers often cite the need to obtain a great player at the top of the draft to ever win a championship, but perusing the championship teams again, one of those players always seems to be a stud ball-handling guard. The only exception I could find in recent history was the Duncan-Admiral Spurs who featured Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr. Every other one had a Jordan, Kobe, Wade, etc. I guess the Billups/Rip combo is debatable, though as a pair, they probably were good enough to support this argument.

The question is, will Jennings ever get there? I've seen flashes recently of an improved ability to drive and create. Even so, I'd guess he doesn't and remains a chucker, even if eventually a more efficient one. That means, even if Sanders/Henson turns out to be an amazing frontcourt, we need a SG playmaker. Not just a Reddick sharpshooter, but a stud playmaker. I think it's easier to find that if you trade Jennings, not only because we;d have a shot at being bad enough to draft one, but also because it could then be either a PG or SG.

That's my ideal answer. Then reality sets in, I realize we'll never rebuild and we might as well extend Jennings and maybe have a team that can compete for the 4 seed every year even if they'll never see an ECF.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#580 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:12 pm

mattg wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

It is pretty crazy the dearth of high quality shooting guards in the NBA right now. The league used to be loaded with them, but now it's the weakest position outside of center.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks