yardbarker

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes : 67

Post#151 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am by Baddy Chuck

blazza18 wrote:What is Lowry's contract like ?

5,750,000 this season and a partially guaranteed 6,210,000 next season. He is on a ridiculously good deal that would be easily moveable.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#152 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 am by blazza18

Well at that price I'm sold. Time to move on. Jennings will want double that.
NeedsMoreCheese wrote:shutup bird
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 3,291

Post#153 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 am by JayMKE

Baddy Chuck wrote:
blazza18 wrote:What is Lowry's contract like ?

5,750,000 this season and a partially guaranteed 6,210,000 next season. He is on a ridiculously good deal that would be easily moveable.

Yes, I'd rather tank and get a nicer pick than 1 year of Kyle Lowry. Trading for a guy you want to trade right away is just dumb as we've all seen with Monta Ellis. If we're desperate to get an "asset" for Jennings then cash out for the best draft pick or prospect you can get. I am in no way interested in perpetuating mediocrity.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM
And1: 1,069

Post#154 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 am by Baddy Chuck

That's the thing though, I would absolutely love to trade Jennings for a rebuilding package but Kohl and co. aren't giving up the playoffs. With Lowry we would still be in the playoff picture and we could then have an asset after the season if they finally give up the 8th seed chase rather then nothing or an overpaid Jennings (who himself would be spinning the wheels on mediocrity more then Lowry).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM

Post#155 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 am by jr lucosa

I can't see Kohl looking at Kyle Lowry and thinking that's an upgrade from Brandon. Less PPG, similar FG %, similar APG. Isn't a full time starter. Is he even going to glance at anything else?
jr lucosa

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 659

Post#156 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 am by JayMKE

Baddy Chuck wrote:That's the thing though, I would absolutely love to trade Jennings for a rebuilding package but Kohl and co. aren't giving up the playoffs. With Lowry we would still be in the playoff picture and we could then have an asset after the season if they finally give up the 8th seed chase rather then nothing or an overpaid Jennings (who himself would be spinning the wheels on mediocrity more then Lowry).

And why would they give up on the playoffs next season? The cycle needs to end somewhere. Jennings is a better asset right now due to age and contract. If we trade Jennings, it needs to be for something that helps this team going forward. Either we cash out with Jennings or tank hard next year. The top of next years draft is suppose to be strong or so I hear.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM
And1: 1,069

Post#157 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 am by Baddy Chuck

jr lucosa wrote:I can't see Kohl looking at Kyle Lowry and thinking that's an upgrade from Brandon. Less PPG, similar FG %, similar APG. Is he even going to glance at anything else?

It's not looking at it as an upgrade, it's looking at it as a holdover move to make the playoffs and not have to pay someone 40+ million in the offseason.
Baddy Chuck

RealGM

Post#158 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 am by jr lucosa

Baddy Chuck wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:I can't see Kohl looking at Kyle Lowry and thinking that's an upgrade from Brandon. Less PPG, similar FG %, similar APG. Is he even going to glance at anything else?

It's not looking at it as an upgrade, it's looking at it as a holdover move to make the playoffs and not have to pay someone 40+ million in the offseason.

What I meant was, Herb Kohl looks at that as a clear downgrade and most likely won't do it with Lowry not locked into anything very long term either.

This would be similar to thinking that he might sign off on Brandon Jennings for Beno Udrih straight up, who put up Lowry like numbers his last year in Sacramento and was on a similar contract. I don't see it as realistic.
jr lucosa

Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 659

Post#159 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 am by Baddy Chuck

JayMKE wrote:And why would they give up on the playoffs next season? The cycle needs to end somewhere. Jennings is a better asset right now due to age and contract. If we trade Jennings, it needs to be for something that helps this team going forward. Either we cash out with Jennings or tank hard next year. The top of next years draft is suppose to be strong or so I hear.

Well for one Monta Ellis would likely be gone next season. It could be the year where Kohl finally stops paying big money to chase the 8th seed. It would be then he decides that he would move Lowry and "tank". They are going one of two ways, for the playoffs or not caring. This season there is no chance we don't go for the playoffs. Absolutely none. If you're fighting for mediocrity, you resign Jennings or keep Lowry and fight for that 8th seed again, if you finally throw in that 8th seed towel you don't resign Jennings or you trade Lowry. Give me the potential scenario where you get something out of it.
Baddy Chuck

RealGM

Post#160 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:18 am by paul

I'm no Kyle Lowry fan, in fact I don't like him at all, but I can honestly say the thought of watching Jennings chuck away as many games as he wins us while strutting like a peacock for the next 4 years is about as off-putting as anything Bucks related could be.
paul
RealGM
And1: 628

Post#161 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 am by AussieBuck

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'd say the list of young guys who took a step in their games after 4 years in the league in pretty small.

Kyle Lowry. :lol:
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
And1: 1,380

Post#162 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:39 am by paulpressey25

jr lucosa wrote:I can't see Kohl looking at Kyle Lowry and thinking that's an upgrade from Brandon. Less PPG, similar FG %, similar APG. Isn't a full time starter. Is he even going to glance at anything else?

I can't see a scenario where they trade Terrance Ross, but if he is coming back this way also it could be a compelling trade for Kohl. I would add Tobias to that trade to make it happen or consider something else Toronto would want.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 1,735

Post#163 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 am by Nebula1

Should have already extended Jennings
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 341

Post#164 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 am by Fight the Tank

I will stick with Jennings over these trade offers mentioned. Jennings still is 23 years old, under restricted control, plays every night and has the ability to take over games against high level competition. He is the key to whether we win games night in and night out. The 2 EC POW awards this year help tell that story.

I could get swayed with a Gortat/Dragic offer that was discussed earlier, but in reality it probably doesn't move the needle much. For me, Jennings is the type of guy I want to hang onto through his 23-27 years and see if he takes a leap. Hard for me to justify rebuilding a team if we don't give players the proper time to develop. At the very least I don't see him becoming a toxic asset anytime during those years and will always maintain trade value to other teams.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#165 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 am by giraldo5

Nebula1 wrote:Should have already extended Jennings

Too bad Morey is too smart to trade for him. Could kill two birds with one stone in that scenerio.
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
And1: 71

Post#166 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 am by ReddWing

No way should we trade Jennings just to trade Jennings. The kid is 23, a year younger than Larry Sanders. We thought Larry was a bust and look at him now. There is still room for growth and it's not like BJ is a bad basketball player. He needs to improve his FG, finish near the basket, and be paired with a non-twin.
ReddWing

Banned User
And1: 804

Post#167 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 am by coolhandluke121

giraldo5 wrote:

Too bad Morey is too smart to trade for him. Could kill two birds with one stone in that scenerio.

Well-played.
When you're spinning your wheels in mud, sometimes you have to put the car in reverse. If you refuse to do so on principle, you're an idiot.
coolhandluke121
Lead Assistant
And1: 139

Post#168 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 am by Nebula1

giraldo5 wrote:

Would you trade Jennings/Ilyasova for Lin/Patterson?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6208390
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 341

Post#169 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am by maxslugger

I'm a Raptor fan and theres no way we do this deal. Calderon and Amir MAYBE, but were back to square 1 with 2 pg's so I don't see this happeneing.
maxslugger
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#170 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 am by emunney

Swap Terrence Jones for Patterson and I'm in.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 1,920

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks