yardbarker

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
31
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
36
54%
 
Total votes : 67

Post#511 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am by Chapter29

I voted no, only because I like Jennings and wouldn't mind keeping him.

Now we don't know is what type of offers we'd receive for him and I will trade anyone on this team if the offer is right. My guess is that he will not be traded and will be resigned, sadly likely overpaying.
You are what you can defend. In Giannis we trust.

One painful season....One great reward
Welcome to Milwaukee Jabari!
Chapter29


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,562
And1: 131
Joined: Jul 7, 2005
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
Top

Post#512 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 am by ackypoo

Ayt wrote:
So your argument is that Baddy has the chance to be an enormous outlier? Should we re-sign Udoh because he has a <0 chance to become Ben Wallace?

Maybe Baddy will become a Nash/Billups clone and win the MVP every year for the next 6 seasons! It is possible! Sign him!

no, my point was pretty clearly stated, jennings is 23 and people get better.

thats not an outlier if you look at any pg career archs.
"If I grew up on a farm, and was retahhhded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't."
ackypoo

Senior
User avatar
Posts: 610
And1: 123
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
Top

Post#513 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 am by J-Nut

I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.
It's like butta baby!!!!
J-Nut
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 56
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 27, 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Top

Post#514 Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am by Lippo

ackypoo wrote:jennings > lowry

now, in the past, and in the future.

everyone wanting to use metrics to measure this garbage might wanna check win shares. beyond lowry's better season, theyre similar, and jennings is 3 years younger.


I concur
Lippo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,589
And1: 52
Joined: Jun 14, 2006
Top

Post#515 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:32 am by jakecronus8

J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.


Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
jakecronus8



Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,077
And1: 830
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Top

Post#516 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 am by smauss

I voted "Yes"; he is what he is and that is not good enough imho! He's inefficient (and not shy either), and not a very good distributor. I don't want to see us pay him.
simul justus et peccator
smauss



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,911
And1: 50
Joined: Jul 23, 2005
Top

Post#517 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am by J-Nut

jakecronus8 wrote:
J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.


Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.


Because crappy teams often times want to unload some $$$.

Why would Memphis trade Speights, Ellington, Selby and a draft pick to Cleveland for Leuer? Because they are obviously dumping salary.
It's like butta baby!!!!
J-Nut
Freshman
User avatar
Posts: 56
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 27, 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Top

Post#518 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 pm by gbmb34

AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

That's worse than Milwaukee (102.2).

I'd take Holiday over Jennings, but it's not a huge difference.

Thad Young's his only competent scoring teammate.


Couldn't you say the same thing about Jennings?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

The Bucks aren't exactly flush with offensive weapons either.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
gbmb34




Senior
Posts: 737
And1: 12
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
Top

Post#519 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 pm by H2tObes

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

That's worse than Milwaukee (102.2).

I'd take Holiday over Jennings, but it's not a huge difference.

Thad Young's his only competent scoring teammate.


Couldn't you say the same thing about Jennings?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

The Bucks aren't exactly flush with offensive weapons either.

It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons
Kerb Hohl wrote:I don't even want to imagine the promotions and job titles we'd see if the inner-circle got this team to mid-40s wins again.

Super Director of Vice Presidency of Win Now Operations.


http://www.saveourbucks.com
H2tObes

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,774
And1: 321
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: In Drew Goodens goatee
Top

Post#520 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm by AussieBuck

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

That's worse than Milwaukee (102.2).

I'd take Holiday over Jennings, but it's not a huge difference.

Thad Young's his only competent scoring teammate.


Couldn't you say the same thing about Jennings?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

The Bucks aren't exactly flush with offensive weapons either.

Sure but Philly are a bit worse. :)
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,020
And1: 1,202
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#521 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm by galena

[/quote]
It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons[/quote]

Yeah but FTD Salmons was actually an elite player. As good as any wing in the game at the time, it could be argued.
"I guess..."
galena



Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 228
And1: 3
Joined: Jun 4, 2008
Location: Shorewood, WI
Top

Post#522 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:20 pm by H2tObes

galena wrote:

It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons[/quote]

Yeah but FTD Salmons was actually an elite player. As good as any wing in the game at the time, it could be argued.[/quote]
I don't know about that, he had a 3 season stretch where he played on that level. He was probably a 3rd option on a contender during FTD
Kerb Hohl wrote:I don't even want to imagine the promotions and job titles we'd see if the inner-circle got this team to mid-40s wins again.

Super Director of Vice Presidency of Win Now Operations.


http://www.saveourbucks.com
H2tObes

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,774
And1: 321
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: In Drew Goodens goatee
Top

Post#523 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 pm by Baddy Chuck

mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 26,941
And1: 2,056
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#524 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 pm by 4xBuck

Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#525 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm by Baddy Chuck

4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 26,941
And1: 2,056
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#526 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm by giraldo5

4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:


I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 71
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Top

Post#527 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm by Baddy Chuck

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.

You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 26,941
And1: 2,056
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#528 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 pm by mlloyd10

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.


Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,988
And1: 160
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#529 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm by giraldo5

mlloyd10 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.


Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.


Statistics say he hasn't taken the next step, not Baddy.
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 71
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Top

Post#530 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm by Max Green

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.


How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
Max Green

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,885
And1: 851
Joined: Jul 3, 2007
Location: Optimist Ave.
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BucksRUS, DocHoliday, DutchManDanFan, fightingfury