ImageImage

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes: 67

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED) 

Post#511 » by Chapter29 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm

I voted no, only because I like Jennings and wouldn't mind keeping him.

Now we don't know is what type of offers we'd receive for him and I will trade anyone on this team if the offer is right. My guess is that he will not be traded and will be resigned, sadly likely overpaying.
Giannis
is
UponUs
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#512 » by ackypoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Ayt wrote:
So your argument is that Baddy has the chance to be an enormous outlier? Should we re-sign Udoh because he has a <0 chance to become Ben Wallace?

Maybe Baddy will become a Nash/Billups clone and win the MVP every year for the next 6 seasons! It is possible! Sign him!

no, my point was pretty clearly stated, jennings is 23 and people get better.

thats not an outlier if you look at any pg career archs.
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#513 » by J-Nut » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.
It's like butta baby!!!!
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Re: Ford: Jennings #7 on players most likely to be traded 

Post#514 » by Lippo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

ackypoo wrote:jennings > lowry

now, in the past, and in the future.

everyone wanting to use metrics to measure this garbage might wanna check win shares. beyond lowry's better season, theyre similar, and jennings is 3 years younger.

I concur
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#515 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 pm

J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.

Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.
Do it for Chuck
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#516 » by smauss » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

I voted "Yes"; he is what he is and that is not good enough imho! He's inefficient (and not shy either), and not a very good distributor. I don't want to see us pay him.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
J-Nut
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#517 » by J-Nut » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
J-Nut wrote:I'm still of the belief that the Bucks should trade Ellis for a player like O.J. Mayo, Arron Afflalo, or Wesley Mathews. I think Jennings play would look a lot better with one of those guys next to him.

Why would a team trade any of those guys for Ellis is my question.

Because crappy teams often times want to unload some $$$.

Why would Memphis trade Speights, Ellington, Selby and a draft pick to Cleveland for Leuer? Because they are obviously dumping salary.
It's like butta baby!!!!
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#518 » by gbmb34 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

That's worse than Milwaukee (102.2).

I'd take Holiday over Jennings, but it's not a huge difference.

Thad Young's his only competent scoring teammate.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Jennings?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

The Bucks aren't exactly flush with offensive weapons either.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#519 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:34 pm

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
gbmb34 wrote:If Holiday was significantly better than Jennings, wouldn't the Sixers have a higher offensive efficiency than 101.9 (28th)?

Young's played better than Ersan and Wright has been decent for them (relatively on par with Dunleavy).

It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,719

Post#520 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm

gbmb34 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Sure but Philly are a bit worse. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
galena
Junior
And1: 62

Post#521 » by galena » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

[/quote]
It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons[/quote]

Yeah but FTD Salmons was actually an elite player. As good as any wing in the game at the time, it could be argued.
"I guess..."
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#522 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm

galena wrote:

It's pretty incredible that the best offesnive player Brandon has played with is FTD John Salmons[/quote]

Yeah but FTD Salmons was actually an elite player. As good as any wing in the game at the time, it could be argued.[/quote]
I don't know about that, he had a 3 season stretch where he played on that level. He was probably a 3rd option on a contender during FTD
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#523 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#524 » by 4xBuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”

:lol:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#525 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#526 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#527 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 pm

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.

You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#528 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.

Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#529 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.

Statistics say he hasn't taken the next step, not Baddy.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#530 » by Max Green » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.

How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks