yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
31
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
36
54%
 
Total votes : 67

Post#526 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm by giraldo5

4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:


I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 71
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Top

Post#527 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:19 pm by Baddy Chuck

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.

You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,184
And1: 2,247
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#528 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:20 pm by mlloyd10

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.


Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,035
And1: 164
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#529 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 pm by giraldo5

mlloyd10 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.


Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.


Statistics say he hasn't taken the next step, not Baddy.
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,453
And1: 71
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Top

Post#530 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm by Max Green

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”


:lol:

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.


How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
Max Green

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,921
And1: 868
Joined: Jul 3, 2007
Location: Optimist Ave.
Top

Post#531 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm by Nebula1

lol at this thread
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,170
And1: 342
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#532 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm by Baddy Chuck

Max Green wrote:How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.

I never said he hasn't improved, I said he's made minimal improvements and that's what has happened. Going from bad to below average isn't a huge improvement in my mind. Going from below average to average would be a a great jump and moving into slightly above average would be exceptional. But yes, some areas of his game like creating for others I don't believe he's improved his game at all since entering the league.
Image
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 27,184
And1: 2,247
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
Top

Post#533 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am by whatthe_buck!?

One game isn't enough to decide who is better between BJ and Holiday, but I do feel like the two games this season the Bucks and Sixers have played this season are enough to show that at the current time, at the very least, Holiday is CLEARLY NOT a tier above Jennings as a player. In addition, although I do still of course think Holiday is a better and more valuable player than Jennings at the present time, I also think that some of the Holiday knob-slobbers that were posting in this thread earlier (whom I realize we probably won't hear from for a day or two at least) should be open to the possibility that there's a reasonable chance that some of Holidays stat-dominance over jennings this season (specifically apg) may be somewhat attributable to the putting-up-inflated-stats-on-a-bad-team phenomenon that rears its head when above-average players happen to be the best player on the team by a pretty good margin simply because their team really sucks. The Sixers are pretty sucky at the moment.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
Posts: 5,143
And1: 163
Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Top

Post#534 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am by ampd

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.


Actually he would really only need to draw less than 1 more shooting foul per game, hit less than 1 more shot per game, or raise his 3 point percentage a few percentage points. 1.8% is not that much. Getting vastly better at converting at the rim would raise his % by a lot more than 1.8.

That 8 game improvement was and is insane.
ampd
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,407
And1: 480
Joined: Dec 6, 2010
Top

Post#535 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 am by paul

Jennings will, likely for the rest of his career, draw this kind of passionate argument on both sides. The reason is that when he's good, like right now, he's very good and he does it in stretches. When he's not good though he's often absolutely pathetic, embarrassing and the worst guy on the court. The pro crowd point to these great stretches and the overall bump in his numbers and say he's young and making the leap while forgetting that he looked equally as bad earlier in the season as he does good now, the doubters say we've seen it all before and he won't sustain it.

Maybe one day he will but until that day comes he'll continue to lose us as many games as he wins us and he'll continue to do so with an arrogance (see $wag) that will piss plenty of us off while he does it.

Personally I was done with him after he chose to toss away our season to sulk for a month over not being made an undeserving all-star last season. Does that mean I want him to fail? Absolutely not, but it does mean I want nothing to do with him at anywhere near $11m per. I don't offer him a dime over 4/$32 and I'm certain he'll get more than that, so I'm dealing him yesterday. I know what the market has set his price at, but it's wrong and I very simply wouldn't pay it.

Deal him already.
paul
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 31,039
And1: 628
Joined: Dec 11, 2007
Top

Post#536 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am by 4xBuck

paul wrote:When he's not good though he's often absolutely pathetic, embarrassing and the worst guy on the court.

Incorrect.

he'll continue to lose us as many games as he wins.

How silly...
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#537 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 am by 4xBuck

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.



Spin baby, spin… The A-bomb of the hater.

This is simple 2nd grade math differential, it’s not exponential or even close.

This is real straightforward stuff… To label Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement as “minimal” and then turnaround & claim improving his current TS% by 1.8% “a pretty big jump” is nothing more than more than hate spin.

It’s pathetic… The only thing worse is your sad attempt to validate it.

Giddy up!
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#538 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 am by 4xBuck

Baddy Chuck wrote:You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!


Get that hate on!

It’s slightly amusing watching you attempt to substantiate your double standard rational to administer your hate.

Giddy up!
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#539 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 am by 4xBuck

mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Spot on… Good advice.
4xBuck
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 12
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Top

Post#540 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 am by CanadaBucks

Just to add some fuel to the fire I believe before the game Jrue was 1.6% ahead in TS%. As of today that is 0.7%
He gained almost a percent in one game.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,972
And1: 215
Joined: Sep 14, 2012
Top

Post#541 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 am by Thunder Muscle

Nebula1 wrote:lol at this thread


Yeah I think at this point BJ3 is not going anywhere. I think if one is dealt, it will be Ellis. He's older than BJ3, makes more sense, and is easier to sell to the fanbase (he planned to opt out, planning to leave, etc).
TBD
Thunder Muscle




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,988
And1: 237
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Top

Post#542 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am by Nebula1

N8Frog wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:lol at this thread


Yeah I think at this point BJ3 is not going anywhere. I think if one is dealt, it will be Ellis. He's older than BJ3, makes more sense, and is easier to sell to the fanbase (he planned to opt out, planning to leave, etc).


There is simply no reason to move Jennings and is obviously part of the future. He will set his market value and the Bucks will match (smartly).

I don't even think Ellis will be traded since he's filling a hole with nobody behind him at 2 guard. In the same line, I think Ersan/Udoh/Moute/Lamb (depending how they really feel about Harris) could be trade assets. We'll see what Ellis decides to do with his option.. my guess is he takes the money and the Bucks trade him next season as an expiring deal or ride out his contract ala Udrih.


I think the obvious hole remains the future 2 guard for the Milwaukee Bucks.
Terrence Jones
Nebula1
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,170
And1: 342
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#543 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 am by paulpressey25

All Star Reserves announced on Thursday night at 6:00pm CST on a TNT special.

So we've got about 18 hours until another chapter of Jennings euphoria or pessimism.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 42,227
And1: 1,739
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Location: Giannis, Jabari and Bledsoe 2014
Top

Post#544 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 am by ampd

I would be mildly surprised if he made it, even after his performance against Jrue. Hard to see the coaches not just rubber stamping 2 of Irving / Williams / Rondo even if they don't want Jrue.
ampd
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,407
And1: 480
Joined: Dec 6, 2010
Top

Post#545 Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADD
Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 am by blazza18

paulpressey25 wrote:All Star Reserves announced on Thursday night at 6:00pm CST on a TNT special.

So we've got about 18 hours until another chapter of Jennings euphoria or pessimism.



He better not pout ffs. We've got a good thing going atm. Last thing we need is a month of him deciding not to shoot.
NeedsMoreCheese wrote:shutup bird
blazza18




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,844
And1: 3,302
Joined: Dec 2, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntetokounmBros, clownparade