ImageImage

Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Would you trade Jennings before the deadline

Yes (if yes, let us know what it would take)
46%
No (what would you sign him to, long term)
54%

Total votes: 67

giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Re: Potential Jennings trade thread (POLL ADDED) 

Post#526 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm

4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”

:lol:

I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#527 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:19 pm

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.

You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#528 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.

Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#529 » by giraldo5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:To everyone, don't bother arguing with Baddy, He will simply never like Jennings. Get over it and move on.

Complete bull sh*t. I defended Jennings his first three years and starting this year. I still don't hate him and if he proved me wrong these next 40 games, I'd be more then content with him going forward. Problem is, this season was the year he was supposed to show is worth building on what he did last season and he has not. I have no problem with his play style or his personality, but overall his game has not been up to par. I've seen no real argument for why this is, other then he is just simply inconsistent and that just might be the player he is. I've seen the Monta defense, what was it that lead him to improve his game with Monta last season? Are you telling me this consistency is just his peak with a guy like Monta? I've seen the Skiles defense. I've seen Bogut, Sessions, Jefferson, Salmons, Ersan, Ridnour, Udrih, MDJ, Charlie V along with many others succeed in that same offensive system, what's holding Jennings back? To say I will never like Jennings is simply not true, he just hasn't shown me enough to move forward with him.

Never said you hated him...You have proven that you dont like him because he hasn't taken that next step. That's It and that's why I told people not to waste there time arguing with you.

Statistics say he hasn't taken the next step, not Baddy.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#530 » by Max Green » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:Anatomy of a hate agenda.

Baddy Chuck wrote:Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement is “minimal”.

Jennings improving his TS% 1.8% would be a “ a pretty big jump.”

:lol:

Getting from 47% to 51% is easier then it is to get from 51 to 53, it isn't rocket science. He would have literally had to stay a 37% shooter to stay around 47% TS%.

How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#531 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am

lol at this thread
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,661

Post#532 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

Max Green wrote:How is that easy for a guy who you like to claim hasn't improved at all from his rookie season? You've been throwing around so much hyperbole when it comes to Brandon you've lost track of what you've said.

I never said he hasn't improved, I said he's made minimal improvements and that's what has happened. Going from bad to below average isn't a huge improvement in my mind. Going from below average to average would be a a great jump and moving into slightly above average would be exceptional. But yes, some areas of his game like creating for others I don't believe he's improved his game at all since entering the league.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#533 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 am

One game isn't enough to decide who is better between BJ and Holiday, but I do feel like the two games this season the Bucks and Sixers have played this season are enough to show that at the current time, at the very least, Holiday is CLEARLY NOT a tier above Jennings as a player. In addition, although I do still of course think Holiday is a better and more valuable player than Jennings at the present time, I also think that some of the Holiday knob-slobbers that were posting in this thread earlier (whom I realize we probably won't hear from for a day or two at least) should be open to the possibility that there's a reasonable chance that some of Holidays stat-dominance over jennings this season (specifically apg) may be somewhat attributable to the putting-up-inflated-stats-on-a-bad-team phenomenon that rears its head when above-average players happen to be the best player on the team by a pretty good margin simply because their team really sucks. The Sixers are pretty sucky at the moment.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#534 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 am

giraldo5 wrote:I'm going to assume you don't understand the stat. When your TS% was so god awful to begin with it's very easy to improve. Now that it is just below average and not god awful it isn't as easy. Another 1.8% jump would be quite substantial. He would have to learn how to finish at the rim, something he has continually shown he's pathetic at.

Actually he would really only need to draw less than 1 more shooting foul per game, hit less than 1 more shot per game, or raise his 3 point percentage a few percentage points. 1.8% is not that much. Getting vastly better at converting at the rim would raise his % by a lot more than 1.8.

That 8 game improvement was and is insane.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#535 » by paul » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:37 am

Jennings will, likely for the rest of his career, draw this kind of passionate argument on both sides. The reason is that when he's good, like right now, he's very good and he does it in stretches. When he's not good though he's often absolutely pathetic, embarrassing and the worst guy on the court. The pro crowd point to these great stretches and the overall bump in his numbers and say he's young and making the leap while forgetting that he looked equally as bad earlier in the season as he does good now, the doubters say we've seen it all before and he won't sustain it.

Maybe one day he will but until that day comes he'll continue to lose us as many games as he wins us and he'll continue to do so with an arrogance (see $wag) that will piss plenty of us off while he does it.

Personally I was done with him after he chose to toss away our season to sulk for a month over not being made an undeserving all-star last season. Does that mean I want him to fail? Absolutely not, but it does mean I want nothing to do with him at anywhere near $11m per. I don't offer him a dime over 4/$32 and I'm certain he'll get more than that, so I'm dealing him yesterday. I know what the market has set his price at, but it's wrong and I very simply wouldn't pay it.

Deal him already.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#536 » by 4xBuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm

paul wrote:When he's not good though he's often absolutely pathetic, embarrassing and the worst guy on the court.

Incorrect.

he'll continue to lose us as many games as he wins.

How silly...
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#537 » by 4xBuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Spin baby, spin… The A-bomb of the hater.

This is simple 2nd grade math differential, it’s not exponential or even close.

This is real straightforward stuff… To label Jennings 3.9% TS% improvement as “minimal” and then turnaround & claim improving his current TS% by 1.8% “a pretty big jump” is nothing more than more than hate spin.

It’s pathetic… The only thing worse is your sad attempt to validate it.

Giddy up!
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#538 » by 4xBuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:You mean in 10 years it's not likely his TS% to shoot up another near 15% like stats would show to date!?!

Get that hate on!

It’s slightly amusing watching you attempt to substantiate your double standard rational to administer your hate.

Giddy up!
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#539 » by 4xBuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Spot on… Good advice.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#540 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Just to add some fuel to the fire I believe before the game Jrue was 1.6% ahead in TS%. As of today that is 0.7%
He gained almost a percent in one game.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#541 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Nebula1 wrote:lol at this thread

Yeah I think at this point BJ3 is not going anywhere. I think if one is dealt, it will be Ellis. He's older than BJ3, makes more sense, and is easier to sell to the fanbase (he planned to opt out, planning to leave, etc).
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#542 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

N8Frog wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:lol at this thread

Yeah I think at this point BJ3 is not going anywhere. I think if one is dealt, it will be Ellis. He's older than BJ3, makes more sense, and is easier to sell to the fanbase (he planned to opt out, planning to leave, etc).

There is simply no reason to move Jennings and is obviously part of the future. He will set his market value and the Bucks will match (smartly).

I don't even think Ellis will be traded since he's filling a hole with nobody behind him at 2 guard. In the same line, I think Ersan/Udoh/Moute/Lamb (depending how they really feel about Harris) could be trade assets. We'll see what Ellis decides to do with his option.. my guess is he takes the money and the Bucks trade him next season as an expiring deal or ride out his contract ala Udrih.

I think the obvious hole remains the future 2 guard for the Milwaukee Bucks.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,995

Post#543 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 am

All Star Reserves announced on Thursday night at 6:00pm CST on a TNT special.

So we've got about 18 hours until another chapter of Jennings euphoria or pessimism.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#544 » by ampd » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 am

I would be mildly surprised if he made it, even after his performance against Jrue. Hard to see the coaches not just rubber stamping 2 of Irving / Williams / Rondo even if they don't want Jrue.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#545 » by blazza18 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:All Star Reserves announced on Thursday night at 6:00pm CST on a TNT special.

So we've got about 18 hours until another chapter of Jennings euphoria or pessimism.

He better not pout ffs. We've got a good thing going atm. Last thing we need is a month of him deciding not to shoot.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks