ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Portland

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Re: PG: Bucks beat Portland 

Post#161 » by Max Green » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 am

I wonder if Portland will make a move for some depth and a legit starting Center. They are destined to be a late lottery team starting Hickson at Center.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#162 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 am

Max Green wrote:I wonder if Portland will make a move for some depth and a legit starting Center. They are destined to be a late lottery team starting Hickson at Center.

I think Matthews for Gortat benefits both teams.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#163 » by blazza18 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:26 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Max Green wrote:I wonder if Portland will make a move for some depth and a legit starting Center. They are destined to be a late lottery team starting Hickson at Center.

I think Matthews for Gortat benefits both teams.

Matthews for Dalembert/Daniels works for us ;)
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#164 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I agree recently play matters, but I'm taking the entire career sample over half a season. These guys aren't different tiers based on that half season is all I'm saying. If Jrue was that much better than Brandon in terms of win impact though, no chance in living hell Philly is six games under with a terrible PPG differential right now, regardless of their supporting cast. None.

Philly would be more than 6 games under .500 with Jennings. That's all that matters. Raw record doesn't matter. Holiday does everything better than Jennings, and does most things MUCH better. He has this year anyway. This whole argument is about why Jennings doesn't have a case for the all-star game over Holiday or Irving. No case whatsoever. Those two have been the far superior players this season.

And it's not "8 games better" or "10 games better" like you keep saying. It's just 3 or 4 stinking games. Holiday is playing like prime Billups right now. He is easily that much better than Brandon. Jennings mails it in on a regular basis, so just get an equally talented player who actually comes to play every night and you'd easily see a 3-win improvement.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#165 » by giraldo5 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 pm

ampd wrote:If you want to know people's opinion on how many more games the bucks would win with Holiday instead of Jennings you should probably ask that question.

Well actually I wanted to know if they were in the same tier. If you want to know your question then feel free to ask that. Based upon the results I think the verdict is rather clear for people saying there is no real difference going forward.

They are either in the same tier barely with Holiday at the top of the tier and Jennings at the bottom or holiday is a clear tier ahead of him.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#166 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:Philly would be more than 6 games under .500 with Jennings. That's all that matters. Raw record doesn't matter. Holiday does everything better than Jennings, and does most things MUCH better. He has this year anyway. This whole argument is about why Jennings doesn't have a case for the all-star game over Holiday or Irving. No case whatsoever. Those two have been the far superior players this season.

And it's not "8 games better" or "10 games better" like you keep saying. It's just 3 or 4 stinking games. Holiday is playing like prime Billups right now. He is easily that much better than Brandon. Jennings mails it in on a regular basis, so just get an equally talented player who actually comes to play every night and you'd easily see a 3-win improvement.

First of all, you have a massive bias against Jennings and always have and it clearly flows through in every one of your posts regarding him. That being said, I'll respond anyway.

Baddy Chuck said we could "easily be 10 games over .500" if we had Holiday right now. That means 25-14 or whatever, which is 4 games better through a half season, or 8 games through a full season.

I have already agreed Holiday is better this year. To argue he is that much better means he is one of the best players in the NBA. Which also means there is no chance Philly is 6 games under .500 with over a negative 4 ppg point differential.

These players aren't on "different tiers". Holiday is better this year, for career he's slightly ahead and the players are of comparable ages. But hey, by all means, lets keep letting the hyperbole fly.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#167 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 pm

What is the general take on Moute right now? Statisically it looks like he's having a rough year. Majority of his #'s are below his career average. His usage and field goal attempts are the highest ever, but his TS% is 5% below his career average at 46.3% and his Offense Rating is 93 (career avg 107). His FG% is just under 41% and his FT% is down. His turnovers are up. I don't know what stat people generally use (if any) to determine defensive prowess, but his D rating is at 105 which is around his career average.

Its funny on the eye ball test I felt Moute has become a better offensive player, but then looking at the stats it paints a totally different picture.

(All stats from Basketball Reference)
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#168 » by crkone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm

N8Frog wrote:What is the general take on Moute right now? Statisically it looks like he's having a rough year. Majority of his #'s are below his career average. His usage and field goal attempts are the highest ever, but his TS% is 5% below his career average at 46.3% and his Offense Rating is 93 (career avg 107). His FG% is just under 41% and his FT% is down. His turnovers are up. I don't know what stat people generally use (if any) to determine defensive prowess, but his D rating is at 105 which is around his career average.

Its funny on the eye ball test I felt Moute has become a better offensive player, but then looking at the stats it paints a totally different picture.

LRMAM has been attacking but hasn't been making shots. Its a new role for him.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#169 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:45 pm

crkone wrote:
N8Frog wrote:What is the general take on Moute right now? Statisically it looks like he's having a rough year. Majority of his #'s are below his career average. His usage and field goal attempts are the highest ever, but his TS% is 5% below his career average at 46.3% and his Offense Rating is 93 (career avg 107). His FG% is just under 41% and his FT% is down. His turnovers are up. I don't know what stat people generally use (if any) to determine defensive prowess, but his D rating is at 105 which is around his career average.

So he gets a free pass? And I actually think he's taking more jumpers and 3's than ever. I know he has 3's b/c he's had 32 3PT Attempt in his first 4 years combined and has 17 3PT attempts in 25 games this year.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#170 » by Epicurus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Hickson is the least of Portland's concerns. Not having anyone on the bench who would be a 6th-8th player on a decent team, or actually any other team, is their premier problem now. Perhaps one of the four other rookies not name Lillard will contribute more and better in the second half of the season. If Leonard didn't get injured and been out for several weeks, it probably would have been him (and hence depth and variety at the 5, and even 4 as Hicksdon could then spel Aldridge). This would be a hell of a team with their starters and the Bucks bench.
crkone
RealGM

Post#171 » by crkone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm

N8Frog wrote:
crkone wrote:

So he gets a free pass? And I actually think he's taking more jumpers and 3's than ever. I know he has 3's b/c he's had 32 3PT Attempt in his first 4 years combined and has 17 3PT attempts in 25 games this year.

His % at the rim is terrible but besides long twos, all his percentages are higher with more attempts. His eFG on 3s is at 50% which is below average but not terrible. He just hasn't been converting at the rim like he usually does. But he only takes 7 shots a game at those percentages, not 18 like Monta.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#172 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 pm

crkone wrote:
N8Frog wrote:

His % at the rim is terrible but besides long twos, all his percentages are higher with more attempts. His eFG on 3s is at 50% which is below average but not terrible. He just hasn't been converting at the rim like he usually does. But he only takes 7 shots a game at those percentages, not 18 like Monta.

Where are those stats from? His eFG% is 41.8% which is 10% below last year and 6% below his career average. His 3PT% is 23.5% this year. I don't think you can have an eFG% for just 3PT% b/c eFG is adjusted to include 3PT. And take out the 3's he's shooting 42.4%. I know he's not a primary shooter, but his FGA per game is 5th currently and only 1 shot less than Ersan & Dunleavy.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#173 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm

:lol:

Wow. Just finished skimming. The post game thread sure is an odd place crap on Jennings after the game he had Saturday night. Not to mention his overall play since Skiles was canned. Some of your agendas are very strange. But also hilarious. So we laugh.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#174 » by Fight the Tank » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote::lol:

Wow. Just finished skimming. The post game thread sure is an odd place crap on Jennings after the game he had Saturday night. Not to mention his overall play since Skiles was canned. Some of your agendas are very strange. But also hilarious. So we laugh.

Not a shocker. I'm very curious to see the reaction if Jennings does happen to get into the all star game this year. First Buck in forever and I would guess most people here will be upset.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
crkone
RealGM

Post#175 » by crkone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 pm

N8Frog wrote:
crkone wrote:

Where are those stats from? His eFG% is 41.8% which is 10% below last year and 6% below his career average. His 3PT% is 23.5% this year. I don't think you can have an eFG% for just 3PT% b/c eFG is adjusted to include 3PT. And take out the 3's he's shooting 42.4%. I know he's not a primary shooter, but his FGA per game is 5th currently and only 1 shot less than Ersan & Dunleavy.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?nam ... 0a%20Moute

They use eFG on 3s to compare them to 2 pointers at different areas on the floor. Ersan's TS% has been awful also and terrible at the rim. Dunleavy can get more shots but should take them from the worst high usage shooter in the league in Monta. In fact the team would be worlds better if they divvy up all of Monta's shots between Dunleavy (50%) and the rest.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#176 » by ampd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Its not easy to divvy up Monta's shots because a lot of them he creates for himself or as a ball handler in the pick and roll. We could run more catch and shoot plays for Dunleavy maybe, but 8 more per game would be a lot.

As was said earlier, Moute has seemed like he is on a mission to prove he has a well rounded offensive game, but so far it isn't going very well. His post moves look polished, but he turns it over or fails to finish way too often. He draws fouls well for his usage rate but isn't a good FT shooter. His TS of .463 is really bad. I'm ok with him shooting it when he is wide open but I could live without the stepback jumpers and all the turnovers.
crkone
RealGM

Post#177 » by crkone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

ampd wrote:Its not easy to divvy up Monta's shots because a lot of them he creates for himself or as a ball handler in the pick and roll. We could run more catch and shoot plays for Dunleavy maybe, but 8 more per game would be a lot.

As was said earlier, Moute has seemed like he is on a mission to prove he has a well rounded offensive game, but so far it isn't going very well. His post moves look polished, but he turns it over or fails to finish way too often. He draws fouls well for his usage rate but isn't a good FT shooter. His TS of .463 is really bad. I'm ok with him shooting it when he is wide open but I could live without the stepback jumpers and all the turnovers.

That is on the coach to figure out but it mainly means that Monta has to be gone or at least out of the starting lineup. Dunleavy should get more opportunities to create at the top of the key, or have more double screens ran for him. Dunleavy works nicely with the bigs on pick and rolls.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#178 » by crkone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 pm

And Moute has been trying too hard to force things. I don't want to tell him to stop just yet as he seems to be trying to expand his game.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#179 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Defensive rating doesn't really capture an individual's defense that well. I'd say he's struggling offensively mostly because he's playing more SF.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#180 » by Nowak008 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm

2 Portland deals I think could help both teams. Though I'm probably overrating Tobes value to other teams.

Ersan/Udoh/Tobes for Batum

Ersan/Tobes for Mathews/filler
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks