PG: Bucks beat Portland

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Re: PG: Bucks beat Portland 

Post#41 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 am

ampd wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Ersan's career on/off over every tracked variation proves his value.

Tonight we saw the value of having some floor spacing when Ersan and Dunleavy were both in there. Almost all of our positive differential lineups include one or both of those guys for a reason.

But unlike Mike, Ersan's jumpshot is sketchy at best game to game and his hustle/rebounding seems to come and go with the jumpshot falling.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#42 » by DanoMac » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 am

Is it humanly possible for Stotts to wear out his welcome quicker in Portland than both of his stints in Milwaukee?

Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge
Blazers coach Terry Stotts again took exception to post-game press conference question, this time on a query about starters' minutes.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#43 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:sanders getting pissed > bogut migraine

Agreed 100% haha. I like the Sanders anger and aggression. Keep it coming Larry. Fire this team up.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#44 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 am

DanoMac wrote:Is it humanly possible for Stotts to wear out his welcome quicker in Portland than both of his stints in Milwaukee?

Blazers coach Terry Stotts again took exception to post-game press conference question, this time on a query about starters' minutes.

Well if the question was "why are you playing your starters so many minutes" and he didn't reply with "because my bench **** sucks" then he was doing his best to respond to the question.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#45 » by Bfinkish » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:09 am

I'm glad skiles is gone.
God is good.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#46 » by DanoMac » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:10 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Is it humanly possible for Stotts to wear out his welcome quicker in Portland than both of his stints in Milwaukee?

Well if the question was "why are you playing your starters so many minutes" and he didn't reply with "because my bench **** sucks" then he was doing his best to respond to the question.

Even so, he's doing his personal best to ram Lillard's head thru the Rookie Wall if he continues to play him 42 MPG.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#47 » by ampd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:13 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ampd wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Ersan's career on/off over every tracked variation proves his value.

Tonight we saw the value of having some floor spacing when Ersan and Dunleavy were both in there. Almost all of our positive differential lineups include one or both of those guys for a reason.

But unlike Mike, Ersan's jumpshot is sketchy at best game to game and his hustle/rebounding seems to come and go with the jumpshot falling.

Agreed. We do need at least one more floor spacer. Wish we had signed one in the off season isntead of Daniels / Pryz. Even bringing back CDR would have been better in that respect
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#48 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 am

ampd wrote:Agreed. We do need at least one more floor spacer. Wish we had signed one in the off season isntead of Daniels / Pryz. Even bringing back CDR would have been better in that respect

Hammond tried but Meeks decided to take the CD-DNP's with the Lakers.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#49 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:23 am

we should have just resigned delfino instead of daniels. he would have been worth the little extra money
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#50 » by ReddWing » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 am

I thought this was a loss after blowing large leads and Sanders being tossed. They shocked me. Jennings is an All Star, IMO.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#51 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 am

EDIT: Never mind, my question was answered on the last page.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#52 » by Bad Midget » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Gery Woelful ripping ESPN's journalism standards is hilarious.
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#53 » by WiscSports1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Can someone explain to me why Ersan didn't see much run in the 4th? I mean, he had 27/14 and only 4 fouls so sitting half the quarter makes sense, but....
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#54 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

ReddWing wrote:I thought this was a loss after blowing large leads and Sanders being tossed. They shocked me. Jennings is an All Star, IMO.

If you put weight into records and not the best player I feel like he should make it over even Deron Williams. I just think it's hard to put him in an all-star game over Holiday and Irving. In my opinion an all-star is the best players, not records.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#55 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Also, Portland is going nowhere with the hot garbage of players they have on their bench. They have to have the largest gap in talent between starters and backups in the league.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#56 » by Bad Midget » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Unless Bucks really fall off, Ellis will not be traded.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#57 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 am

WiscSports1 wrote:Can someone explain to me why Ersan didn't see much run in the 4th? I mean, he had 27/14 and only 4 fouls so sitting half the quarter makes sense, but....

I didn't get this either, he was playing his best game of the season. Put him back in, you can always pull him again for a bit if he picks up a 5th foul too.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#58 » by Epicurus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:37 am

DanoMac wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Even so, he's doing his personal best to ram Lillard's head thru the Rookie Wall if he continues to play him 42 MPG.

Maybe, unlike you, Stotts knows that In the last 20 years, 38 rookies (16 of whom were ROYs) have played 35 MPG or more. 6 of them averaged more than Lilliard has so far this year (Damon Stoudamire, Allen Iverson, Shane Battier, LeBron James, Michael Finley and Tim Duncan).

Maybe he also knows, unlike you, that 114 players in the last 20 years have played 40 minutes or more per year. But then he is not dependent upon the echo chamber from uninformed sports media.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#59 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 am

Bad Midget wrote:Gery Woelful ripping ESPN's journalism standards is hilarious.

As he had Ersan's balls in his mouth while he ran his anti-Skiles agenda the whole time.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#60 » by Ill-yasova » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 am

Epicurus wrote:
DanoMac wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Well if the question was "why are you playing your starters so many minutes" and he didn't reply with "because my bench **** sucks" then he was doing his best to respond to the question.

Maybe, unlike you, Stotts knows that In the last 20 years, 38 rookies (16 of whom were ROYs) have played 35 MPG or more. 6 of them averaged more than Lilliard has so far this year (Damon Stoudamire, Allen Iverson, Shane Battier, LeBron James, Michael Finley and Tim Duncan).

Maybe he also knows, unlike you, that 114 players in the last 20 years have played 40 minutes or more per year. But then he is not dependent upon the echo chamber from uninformed sports media.

While I don't disagree with your point, your Stotts boner is really creeping me out. Seriously, you don't come on this board in forever only to swoop in on a Stotts gameday to verbally fellate Stotts to the ends of the world and back? What is with the Stotts obsession? I don't even think he's a bad coach, but your undying love for him is both odd and disconcerting.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks