ImageImage

Official Playoffs thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jtrinaldi
Banned User
Posts: 1,040
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 16, 2009

Official Playoffs thread 

Post#1 » by jtrinaldi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, the time has come for the playoff discussion thread. Here are the current standings.
Team Record GB
Miami 26 12 0.0
New York 25 13 1.0
Indiana 25 16 2.5
Brooklyn 24 16 3.0
Chicago 23 16 3.5
Atlanta 22 18 5.0
Milwaukee 21 18 5.5
Boston 20 19 6.5
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 15,750
And1: 1,828
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#2 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Why don't you try using current standings instead of ones from last week.

Miami 26 12 0.684 0.0 11-7 6-1 16-3 10-9 6-4 W 2
New York 25 13 0.658 1.0 15-6 4-2 14-5 11-8 5-5 W 2
Indiana 25 16 0.610 2.5 14-10 5-2 16-3 9-13 7-3 W 1
Brooklyn 24 16 0.600 3.0 18-9 8-3 16-7 8-9 8-2 W 1
Chicago 23 16 0.590 3.5 19-6 5-3 11-11 12-5 7-3 L 1
Atlanta 22 18 0.550 5.0 14-10 8-3 13-7 9-11 2-8 L 2
Milwaukee 21 18 0.538 5.5 16-9 6-5 10-9 11-9 5-5 W 2
Boston 20 19 0.513 6.5 13-11 4-4 13-8 7-11 6-4 L 2
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 15,750
And1: 1,828
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#3 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Atlanta just lost Lou Williams for the season too. Definitely gonna hurt them. If the Bucks can move up past the 7th or 8th seed we'll have a shot at a first round series. Brooklyn is the ideal first round matchup we want. If we can get up to 5 and they stay at 4, I think we could handle them fairly well.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
Posts: 1,040
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 16, 2009

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#4 » by jtrinaldi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Why don't you try using current standings instead of ones from last week.

Miami 26 12 0.684 0.0 11-7 6-1 16-3 10-9 6-4 W 2
New York 25 13 0.658 1.0 15-6 4-2 14-5 11-8 5-5 W 2
Indiana 25 16 0.610 2.5 14-10 5-2 16-3 9-13 7-3 W 1
Brooklyn 24 16 0.600 3.0 18-9 8-3 16-7 8-9 8-2 W 1
Chicago 23 16 0.590 3.5 19-6 5-3 11-11 12-5 7-3 L 1
Atlanta 22 18 0.550 5.0 14-10 8-3 13-7 9-11 2-8 L 2
Milwaukee 21 18 0.538 5.5 16-9 6-5 10-9 11-9 5-5 W 2
Boston 20 19 0.513 6.5 13-11 4-4 13-8 7-11 6-4 L 2

wow, I grabbed them off nba.com....very odd
User avatar
drew881
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,941
And1: 584
Joined: Aug 14, 2007

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#5 » by drew881 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:08 pm

I wouldn't mind playing NY, Atlanta, or Brooklyn. Think we would have a good shot at all of those teams.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
Posts: 1,040
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 16, 2009

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#6 » by jtrinaldi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm

drew881 wrote:I wouldn't mind playing NY, Atlanta, or Brooklyn. Think we would have a good shot at all of those teams.

I don't want to play NY just because they would get all of the calls. The Refs are bias, so I would like it if we got Indy in the 1st round. That way there would be no clear favorite, and the refs would actually have to work to make good calls.
User avatar
H2tObes
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,947
And1: 658
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Avoiding the General Board
 

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#7 » by H2tObes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

We can beat any team in a series besides Miami, and Chicago. New York would also be tough because of the refs.
BigO wrote:The analysis of talent on this board isn't very good.


BigO wrote:Knight is very, very good and getting better.
BucksFanSD
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 34
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: San Diego

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#8 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Atlanta just lost Lou Williams for the season too. Definitely gonna hurt them. If the Bucks can move up past the 7th or 8th seed we'll have a shot at a first round series. Brooklyn is the ideal first round matchup we want. If we can get up to 5 and they stay at 4, I think we could handle them fairly well.


Atlanta has been losing a lot of late and with Lou Williams out for the season I don't see it getting any better for them.

I look for Philly to make a push. They have underperformed so far and Bynum will be coming back eventually.
User avatar
ampd
RealGM
Posts: 14,965
And1: 1,461
Joined: Dec 06, 2010

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#9 » by ampd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:11 pm

If Ersan gets back to last year's form and Jennings plays at a high level we can get as high as the 3rd seed. Don't want Chicago or Miami in the 1st round, but any other team we match up pretty well with when we are going right.
User avatar
Sigra
RealGM
Posts: 14,054
And1: 44
Joined: Sep 08, 2005
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
         

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#10 » by Sigra » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Right now we are 21-18 which is our best 39 games start since Bogut's rookie year (2005-06). If we win next game we will be 22-18 which would be our best 40 games start since TJ Ford's rookie year (2003-04). And if we win next 2 games we will be 23-18 which would be our best 41 games start since big 3 days (2001-02).
Offcourse all of those teams made playoffs.

The only 2 teams I really don't want to see in first round are Miami and New York. And I think we will not see them in first round.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
Posts: 1,040
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 16, 2009

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#11 » by jtrinaldi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm

What do people think about the way Brooklyn works the Refs? Are they as bad as Chicago/Miami/New York?
That would be the only reason that I don't want Brooklyn
BucksFanSD
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 34
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: San Diego

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#12 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

ampd wrote:If Ersan gets back to last year's form and Jennings plays at a high level we can get as high as the 3rd seed. Don't want Chicago or Miami in the 1st round, but any other team we match up pretty well with when we are going right.


I agree with this which is really big if you think about it. 3rd seed would go beyond all expectations. Even 4th or 5th seed.

Ersan playing to a very high level is a big "if" to me. I would rather look at trading for a borderline all-star PF. A package consisting of Ersan, Tobias, Udoh, and a draft pick would get it done.

PG- Jennings, Beno
SG- Ellis, Dunleavy
SF- Moute, Dunleavy
PF- *Borderline All-star*, Henson
C- Sanders, Dalembert
User avatar
ampd
RealGM
Posts: 14,965
And1: 1,461
Joined: Dec 06, 2010

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#13 » by ampd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:33 pm

If our goal is to win, we have to bring back someone who can space the floor if we are targeting 4s. So it needs to be a guy like Pau, Milsap, Horford, etc.
User avatar
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
Posts: 28,957
And1: 3,412
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Monta Ellis have it all.
 

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#14 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 pm

I think the top 4 will be Miami, New York, Indiana and Chicago. I don't think we win a playoff series against any of them. If somehow Brooklyn sneaks into that top 4, I think we may have a shot at them though that could change as they are playing at an insane rate and Deron Williams looks like a superstar again. Without any trades, I think we wind up as 6th or 7th seed. Our best shot at beating one of the above teams is Indiana but they look a lot better then when we beat them twice earlier in the season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksFanSD
Junior
Posts: 405
And1: 34
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: San Diego

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#15 » by BucksFanSD » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 pm

ampd wrote:If our goal is to win, we have to bring back someone who can space the floor if we are targeting 4s. So it needs to be a guy like Pau, Milsap, Horford, etc.


Yes, definitely a floor spacer is needed at the 4.

I wonder if Portland would consider a package including Ersan for LaMarcus Aldridge after Ersan's big game last night in Portland. I highly doubt it but it sure would be nice :D
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 21,967
And1: 4,041
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Aussie bias
       

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#16 » by blazza18 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I think our chances of getting a higher seed and getting into the 2nd round all hinge on Ersan living up to his contract. 15/8 a night from him on good efficiency is exactly what this team has missed.

But realistically I do think this current team without making a move will struggle making it out of the 1st round.
Image
trwi7 wrote:Nah, I prefer touching real men.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 44,289
And1: 2,839
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#17 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 pm

This is a good thread but I'd ask the OP to always keep editing the title to include what seed we are currently in. Thx.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,306
And1: 293
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#18 » by CanadaBucks » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm

6 games better than last year I think. Pretty sure we hit rock bottom at 15-24 prior to the deadline. Need one trade to give us a chance at the first round.
giraldo5
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,459
And1: 71
Joined: Feb 22, 2010

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#19 » by giraldo5 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 pm

BucksFanSD wrote:
ampd wrote:If our goal is to win, we have to bring back someone who can space the floor if we are targeting 4s. So it needs to be a guy like Pau, Milsap, Horford, etc.


Yes, definitely a floor spacer is needed at the 4.

I wonder if Portland would consider a package including Ersan for LaMarcus Aldridge after Ersan's big game last night in Portland. I highly doubt it but it sure would be nice :D


Nah I'd need them to add in Batum as well.

Batun, LMA for Gooden, Ersan i may consider
Postby LUKE23 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 pm

In shape 18-22 year olds running out of gas? Hilarious.
User avatar
stellation
General Manager
Posts: 7,938
And1: 1,101
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: Official Playoffs thread 

Post#20 » by stellation » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

It's not April, the playoff race hasn't started yet.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Users browsing this forum: Baddy Chuck, GeoBar, stellation