Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

wisportsfan4
Junior
And1: 81

Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap 

Post#1 » by wisportsfan4 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 am

And the deadline fun begins.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/20/13/N ... nding.html?
blockID=852099&feedID=8888

Another PF????? Whose contract is up at season's end? Please tell Ellis and/or Gooden are gone :pray:

Thoughts here?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Re: Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am

If it's for Ellis, why not. If it's for Ellis and any assets, suck a butt Hammond.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,787

Post#3 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:If it's for Ellis, why not. If it's for Ellis and any assets, suck a butt Hammond.

Why do I have a feeling he'd throw our 1st in there too. If he did that, we better get Burks in return.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#4 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 am

Ellis/Ersan for Burks/Milsap. Get something incriminating on Milsap to make him stay.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#5 » by blazza18 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am

AussieBuck wrote:Ellis/Ersan for Burks/Milsap. Get something incriminating on Milsap to make him stay.

That would be mostly all of our wet dreams coming true. Highly doubt Utah would do it though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 am

blazza18 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Ellis/Ersan for Burks/Milsap. Get something incriminating on Milsap to make him stay.

That would be mostly all of our wet dreams coming true. Highly doubt Utah would do it though.

Ersan's locked in to a contract and spaces for their future guys, Monta have it all. Seems fair.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#7 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

I can't say that I've watchi Millsap play alot, but his statistics look pretty good --- at least from an offensive standpoint. He has a pretty good TS% and is almost a double-double average per 36. But if you do that, you have to get rid of a PF and ideally would like to add a SG like Burks. If you trade Ellis for Millsap, and Millsap leaves, I can't say you maximized the asset unless we did some serious work in the playoffs this year.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#8 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm

I'd do Ellis for Millsap. Probably include Udoh if it was a must. Wouldn't include any of Harris, Jennings, Sanders, Henson, Moute, ilyasova, or our 1st without other assets being exchanged in the deal.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#9 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I'd do Ellis for Millsap. Probably include Udoh if it was a must. Wouldn't include any of Harris, Jennings, Sanders, Henson, Moute, ilyasova, or our 1st without other assets being exchanged in the deal.

I would also include Udoh. Ersan if the package was right, but my gut feels he may just come around yet. I'm hoping Saturday night is the start of it. I wouldn't include any of the others as well.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#10 » by Lippo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Ellis/Ersan/Lamb/Udoh

for

Milsap/Burke/Marvin Williams
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#11 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 pm

I like Ersan/Henson at pf. A lot. So this is a no go for me under most realistic circumstances, unless Millsap is sent to a third team. I would do Ellis for Millsap if it was an option, but Utah will get better offers.

My preference is to package Ellis or Jennings with other assets to get a true difference-maker like Rondo to Eric Gordon.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#12 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm not sure that link works but for those that don't want to click through, the writer doesn't have any info on a Milsap deal. Just a thought the Bucks could be a team looking for his services. There will be more stories about this if Milsap doesn't seem agreeable to signing in Utah.

Yeah, I'd do the Monta/Ersan for Burks/Milsap as it would address a lot of things for us as long we were comfortable spending at least 4/$40 on Milsap to keep him. Might take 4/$50 with the Milwaukee premium.

I don't see Kohl doing it though. Our front office likely doesn't view Milsap as the best player in that deal but would view Ersan and Monta each as either the same or better. Add in the contract situations and we wouldn't pull the trigger there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#13 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I'd pass here unless Burks was part of the deal. I can't imagine the Bucks would trade Ellis for Millsap and would likely see them together as a Playoff push thing so it would likely be Ersan to move.

Not sure what it would take included with Ersan to get Millsap and Burks without giving up a prospect (Harris) and I'm not inclined to do that.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6209960
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#14 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Ilyasova/Udoh/Lamb for Millsap/Burks works in the checker, but may not be enough for Utah. Bucks could add a second round pick and maybe make it close. This would be assuming Utah really doesn't want to re-sign Millsap and see Ersan as a value contract.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6209971

Opens time for Henson and gets a future 2 guard since the Bucks will be too far out in the draft. Utah keeps frontcourt depth without having to re-sign Millsap or threaten Favors/Kanter.

Jennings/Udrih
Ellis/Burks
Moute/Dunleavy/Harris
Millsap/Henson
Sanders/Dalembert

DNP - Gooden, Daniels, Przybilla
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#15 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Lippo wrote:Ellis/Ersan/Lamb/Udoh

for

I'm not going to pretend that I watch any Utah Jazz basketball. I like what I've seen out of Milsap, but Alex Burks still can't find the court. He can't even beat out Randy Foye for minutes. So I must defer to those who do actually watch the Jazz. Why doesn't Alec Burks start over Randy Foye? I know he was the "hot" name on this forum for awhile. His shooting %'s are hot garbage but I'm not going make any wild generalizations based on inconsistent minutes. Whats the deal?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#16 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Lippo wrote:Ellis/Ersan/Lamb/Udoh

for

I'm not going to pretend that I watch any Utah Jazz basketball. I like what I've seen out of Milsap, but Alex Burks still can't find the court. He can't even beat out Randy Foye for minutes. So I must defer to those who do actually watch the Jazz. Why doesn't Alec Burks start over Randy Foye? I know he was the "hot" name on this forum for awhile. His shooting %'s are hot garbage but I'm not going make any wild generalizations based on inconsistent minutes. Whats the deal?

Free League Pass this week with DirecTV, catch you some Alec Burks...well that is if he plays. He hasn't played in 15 of Utah's games and when does, is averaging 13 minutes a game.

And I'm with you, only watch Utah when they play the Bucks probably. So I can't judge his talent, although its not like he plays much to watch.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#17 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

I love Milsap, hope he goes to Portland.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#18 » by step3profit » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm

I can't watch Utah home games. Their color scheme (area floor and uniforms) instantly puts me to sleep. Its like watching a game in sepia tone.
Run-MKE 311
Senior
And1: 9

Post#19 » by Run-MKE 311 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Milsap is a solid piece, but we would have to re-arrange more frontcourt pieces. The silly season of deadline talks is starting to gain force.
Ball so hard.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#20 » by drew881 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

I'd love to acquire Burks and then watch both he and Harris not play. It would make his board even more entertaining to read.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks