yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Bucks named "potential suitor" for Millsap

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#46 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 pm by Baddy Chuck

I'm still on the Gasol bandwagon. Monta/Gooden/Udoh or Dalembert or Monta/Ersan and have them throw in Meeks. Use whatever you have left (Ersan/Dalembert/Udoh) to try and get another wing.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM
And1: 2,257

Post#47 Re: Bucks named
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm by JayMKE

LedZepp007 wrote:I still want Gasol. We wouldn't have to work for an extension and he brings some extra size and post touch.

How about:

Bucks: Gasol, Burks
Jazz: illy, LRM, Tobes
Lakers: Millsap and Dalembert

I don't love Burks like most, but gives an extra body on the perimeter.

Why would you want Pau Gasol, OVER Paul Milsap no less? He's averaging 12 and 8, gets paid $20 mil a season, has plantar fasciitis and arthritic knees. That's way more than Gasol is currently worth btw.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM
And1: 1,084

Post#48 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm by LUKE23

I'd take Millsap over Gasol.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all

#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23

RealGM
And1: 1,151

Post#49 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm by BucksFanSD

Baddy Chuck wrote:I'm still on the Gasol bandwagon. Monta/Gooden/Udoh or Dalembert or Monta/Ersan and have them throw in Meeks. Use whatever you have left (Ersan/Dalembert/Udoh) to try and get another wing.

Gasol and Meeks? Wow. Maybe we can get Robert Sacre too if we throw in a 1st.

Gasol was a great player in this league but he's going down hill. Laker fans know.
BucksFanSD
Junior
And1: 17

Post#50 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm by Baddy Chuck

LUKE23 wrote:I'd take Millsap over Gasol.

I would as well. I don't think you're getting him for Monta without an asset like Tobes or a first though if they have any interest in the first place.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck

RealGM

Post#51 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm by ampd

Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

They'd probably take Jennings for him.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 482

Post#52 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm by BucksFanSD

ampd wrote:Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

Nets are also interested in dealing soon and are looking at PFs. Maybe a 3 way deal. Nets are rumored in both Ersan and Millsap.
BucksFanSD
Junior

Post#53 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm by ReasonablySober

You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.
ReasonablySober

RealGM
And1: 1,795

Post#54 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm by JayMKE

BucksFanSD wrote:
ampd wrote:Utah already has 4 PFs that need minutes. Seems unlikely they want 2 more.

Nets are also interested in dealing soon and are looking at PFs. Maybe a 3 way deal. Nets are rumored in both Ersan and Millsap.

The Nets literally have nothing of value on their roster as far as trade chips besides MarSWAG Brooks.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM

Post#55 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm by JayMKE

DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM

Post#56 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm by BucksFanSD

Baddy Chuck wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:I'd take Millsap over Gasol.

I would as well. I don't think you're getting him for Monta without an asset like Tobes or a first though if they have any interest in the first place.

You're probably right. If we package Ersan I would throw in a 1st (which will probably be mid-teens to upper-teens pick most likely) but would not trade Tobias.
BucksFanSD
Junior

Post#57 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm by weezybaby856

no way in hell I take Alec Burks as our starting shooting guard, anyone that would be happy with Burks over Monta clearly is just a hater and nothing less or more. Only wing on Utahs roster I would consider starting caliber is Gordon Hayward.

Milsap and Hayward would be ideal.

My actual ideal lineup would be moving Jennings and Monta out and revamping with Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders looks like a winner to me. I know ppl will hate the idea of Milsap at SF and come up with reasons why it wouldnt work but Milsap is MUCH MUCH better than Moute so if Moute is considered our starting SF then there is ZERO reason why Milsap couldnt start over him at the same position.

This is a little off topic but I clearly remember PP25 lobbying for Bledsoe as our starting PG and just about everyone here hating on him for having that opinion. Hopefully everyone has apologized to him for the criticism he took because he had the right idea the whole time. Bledsoe > Jennings. I'd rather have a super athletic PG that goes hard to the rim and can finish rather than a super streaky shooter that settles for contested jumpers consistently. Thats the main reason I prefer Monta to Jennings as well. Atleast Monta can finish at the rim and gets to the foul line. Jennings is terrible when it comes to that facet of his game.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders... keep Dunleavy, Udrih, Lamb, Moute and Udoh as the 2nd unit. Jennings, Monta, Ersan, Dalembert and Gooden should be enough to land us Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap. Even try and get LAC to throw in Matt Barnes or Utah to throw in Burks or Marvin.
Giannis + Jabari = The Future
weezybaby856

Sixth Man
And1: 112

Post#58 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm by LUKE23

Except you're not getting Hayward and Burks doesn't necessarily have to be penciled in as the starter. He's just a buy low guy.

And Ellis is junk.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all

#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23

RealGM
And1: 1,151

Post#59 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm by H2tObes

JayMKE wrote:
DrugBust wrote:You guys good giving Millsap $12 million or more? Part of the reason I like Ersan more than Millsap for this team is he's paid reasonably as a 3rd big man. I'd keep that in mind given we're likely going to give that kind of money to Henson if he's the guy he looks to be.

No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?

Larry is probably a more impactful player than Millsap right now...Henson will also surely be a starter in 2-3 years and that means we'd be paying a backup 12 million.

No thanks.
Kerb Hohl wrote:I don't even want to imagine the promotions and job titles we'd see if the inner-circle got this team to mid-40s wins again.

Super Director of Vice Presidency of Win Now Operations.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
H2tObes

Veteran
And1: 344

Post#60 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm by BucksFanSD

I think he would get something per year similar to Ersan's contract, which is $9 million/year.

If we're trading Ersan then that money becomes available.
BucksFanSD
Junior

Post#61 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm by BucksFanSD

H2tObes wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

Larry is probably a more impactful player than Millsap right now...Henson will also surely be a starter in 2-3 years and that means we'd be paying a backup 12 million.

No thanks.

We need offense at the PF spot next to Larry at center. Until then we will always be the Bucks.
BucksFanSD
Junior

Post#62 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm by paulpressey25

weezybaby856 wrote:
My actual ideal lineup would be moving Jennings and Monta out and revamping with Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders looks like a winner to me.

Bledsoe, Hayward, Milsap, Henson, Sanders... keep Dunleavy, Udrih, Lamb, Moute and Udoh as the 2nd unit. Jennings, Monta, Ersan, Dalembert and Gooden should be enough to land us Bledsoe, Hayward and Milsap.

Yeah, I be pretty happy if we could add Bledsoe, Milsap and Hayward to what we've got.

Hard to be a Bucks fan when you know how close we are to being able to get much better long term assets in a blowup versus hanging on to what we have for those 41 wins.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 1,757

Post#63 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm by H2tObes

BucksFanSD wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
JayMKE wrote:No way. Is Milsap even a better player 2-3 years from now than Henson or Sanders?

No thanks.

We need offense at the PF spot next to Larry at center. Until then we will always be the Bucks.

That's why we should roll with Ersan, he'll get it going. He is slowly improving as the season go's on. When Henson has a few years under his belt our frontcourt will be a force, I'm not interested in breaking it up
Kerb Hohl wrote:I don't even want to imagine the promotions and job titles we'd see if the inner-circle got this team to mid-40s wins again.

Super Director of Vice Presidency of Win Now Operations.

http://www.saveourbucks.com
H2tObes

Veteran
And1: 344

Post#64 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 pm by Baddy Chuck

I think Millsap is a legit starting power forward. I think he gives us a top 10 guy at his position. He would be our clear cut starter. I think 4 million a year is easily worth the differential you get from the players, especially if Ersan's consistency issues continue. I'd have to think we'd get Millsap for 4 years, right around the time we'd be extending Henson so that isn't an issue for me.

The issue for me starts in when you think Henson is a 30 minute a night guy. If you think that's next season, don't go for Millsap or Gasol. If it's 3-4 years from now, I'll take Millsap and figure out how to move him when that time comes like Utah is doing now with how Favors is now backing him up. With that said, if you think Henson is that 30 minute a night guy next season, I don't see the point in keeping an overpaid backup like Ersan either.

Personally, I think Ersan is overpaid for our situation. If we were a 48-50 win team, I think you can sign a guy like Ersan to be a backup. When you are a .500 team with no real options to advance moving forward (draft/free agency), paying a guy who can only play one position and plays as inconsistent as Ersan just doesn't make sense to me. Right now he kind of fits because we really have no real starter. Henson isn't ready and Udoh sure isn't a starter. Ersan is the closest thing we have, but if you get a guy who is a true starter (whether that be Henson or Millsap), Ersan is an overpaid backup.
Baddy Chuck

RealGM

Post#65 Re: Bucks named "potential suitor"
Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm by BucksFanSD

H2tObes wrote:That's why we should roll with Ersan, he'll get it going. He is slowly improving as the season go's on. When Henson has a few years under his belt our frontcourt will be a force, I'm not interested in breaking it up

I hope Ersan gets it going. I'm pulling for him big time. I don't like seeing him with no confidence out there and the Bucks struggle because of it.
BucksFanSD
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks