ImageImage

PG: Brandon > Holiday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday 

Post#61 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 am

Plus Gasol can bring in some veteran leadership for the playoff run. He knows what it is like to play in big games.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#62 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 am

RandyBreuer wrote:Ersan is a new player with Skiles gone.

This I just don't believe. He had a few of these games under Skiles. The Detroit game, Sacremento, Charlotte. Ersan is just extremely inconsistent. He played well at times under Skiles, he played bad under Skiles. He's played good these two games under Boylan, he played pretty bad the first 6 games under Boylan. He's inconsistent. That's Ersan.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#63 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 am

I actually think Gasol makes us less competitive. Seriously, watch some of his games. He's a mess a lot of the time.
When he does something good he immediately messes up somehow. He's not much of an improvement over Gooden in terms of mistakes.

The Lakers are better off with Earl Clark getting Gasol's minutes.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#64 » by Bad Midget » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 am

You know, the more I think about it, we should do that deal. Ersan will always be mercurial, up and down, etc. Gasol is as rock solid as they come. Would become a great offense/defense pair with Larry and, as a plus, we get some good cap space
randy84
RealGM

Post#65 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

Plus if you get the Lakers to include Meeks, you now have your insurance for next year if Ellis opts out.
randy84
RealGM

Post#66 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 am

Ersan/Beno/Dalembert for Gasol/Meeks.

Clears up the long jam at PF/C. Gives the Bucks a SG that can hit the 3 besides Dunleavy.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#67 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 am

BucksFanSD wrote:The Lakers are better off with Earl Clark getting Gasol's minutes.

I agree with this because you can't have Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol 2 feet away from each other in the post. Gasol is all by himself down low here. He's not a 20 foot face up guy like Griffin, he's not a 20 foot jump shooter like Ersan and he sure shouldn't be shooting threes and that is what they have him doing in LA. Have been the past two seasons.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#68 » by bigkurty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:22 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I honestly don't know what I would do if they the Lakers were willing to make a trade involving Ersan and Gasol. That's a tough call.

for a second it was a tough call for me as well... especially after tonight. but now it isnt. i just got done looking at ersans 38 games before the last 2 again. i put special interest in the 5 games directly preceding them as well.

deal him now while his value may be high again for a second. if you can use the last 2 games to go get a pau gasol you jump like a mfer.

Haha, so true.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#69 » by CanadaBucks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

Just a note here, if we beat Cleveland(Can we finally win 5 in a row)we are on pace for 46 wins, same as FTD
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#70 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

This I just don't believe. He had a few of these games under Skiles. The Detroit game, Sacremento, Charlotte. Ersan is just extremely inconsistent. He played well at times under Skiles, he played bad under Skiles. He's played good these two games under Boylan, he played pretty bad the first 6 games under Boylan. He's inconsistent. That's Ersan.

Guarantee you Ersan plays like he did last year for the rest of the season. Seriously all mental with the guy and its clear as day his confidence was completely shot with Skiles. He slowly has started to look more confident and comfortable after Skiles was canned, and he now is coming off his two best games of the season b2b.

News to me that Ersan is seen as inconsistent. When he's playing how we expect him to, he's consistent as they come.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#71 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 am

Gasol could be a franchise crippling move. Only a fool would trade for him at this point.
FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#72 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 am

CanadaBucks wrote:Just a note here, if we beat Cleveland(Can we finally win 5 in a row)we are on pace for 46 wins, same as FTD

So a 1st round exit?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#73 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 am

JayMKE wrote:Gasol could be a franchise crippling move. Only a fool would trade for him at this point.

Yup. If Pau looks garbage here as well, we are royally ****. Stupid as hell to even consider.

edit: 2 years on his contract only, so not as bad. But either way it's not worth giving Ersan up for something that could hurt us pretty bad.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#74 » by Bad Midget » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

JayMKE wrote:Gasol could be a franchise crippling move. Only a fool would trade for him at this point.

Not even close. His contract is for two years. Debilitating, maybe. Crippling? No.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#75 » by bigkurty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

What worries me about doing the trade is if we use Gasol down low, now we don't have a stretch 4 to use with him. What is Larry going to do playing with him. If he wanders out a little bit his guy will just double Pau and we will be in the same situation the lakers are currently in. Two post players who are your best bigs and neither compliments the other. If Larry had a serviceable mid range jumper it could work but right now he does not.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#76 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:

Early in the season Ersan would have an occasion good game and then play bad again. His body language always stayed the same no matter what under Skiles.

Now, under Boylan, his body language has completed changed, at least in the last two games. He still is hard on himself but I can tell his confidence is finally creeping through. Let's see what his next few games are like.

When Ersan scores 10+ points we are 13-4. In contrary to the backcourt opinions here, a lot of this team's outcome resides on our PF play, and in particular, Ersan.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#77 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 am

ersan cant get 30 minutes a game against half the teams in this league because of defensive matchups.

he cant gaurd small active 4s when teams go small because he cant make a smaller guy pay in the post. and he cant gaurd bigs with a postgame.

he blows up when his jumpers falling on a lavoy allen or lazy ass jj hickson. yahoo whatever. i cant believe we got a inconsistent nichey pf who could maybe net us pau gasol and guys arent drooling.
randy84
RealGM

Post#78 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 am

Only if Ersan is the one to lead the Bucks to the promise land.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#79 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 am

H2tObes wrote:Guarantee you Ersan plays like he did last year for the rest of the season. Seriously all mental with the guy and its clear as day his confidence was completely shot with Skiles. He slowly has started to look more confident and comfortable after Skiles was canned, and he now is coming off his two best games of the season b2b.

We'll see, I'm not buying that. You're telling me it took Ersan 6 games to get over Skiles and then he plays as good as he ever has before? This isn't the Ersan you are getting for the rest of the season. He is never going to be a 20/10 guy for 40 games, it's never going to happen. He's been that guy 2 games. He was not that guy 6 other games under Boylan.

H2tObes wrote:News to me that Ersan is seen as inconsistent. When he's playing how we expect him to, he's consistent as they come.

News to you? That was his calling card for three seasons until his contract year. Then he starts off inconsistent this season and that's supposed to not be his norm? Sure, if he's playing how you expect him to play he's consistent, looks like our expectations may have been a little high.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#80 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 am

How would it be a franchise crippling move?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks