ImageImage

PG: Brandon > Holiday

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday 

Post#121 » by SugarRay34 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

Do you guys not remember about 6 months ago when Pau Gasol was playing in the Olympics and he was one of the most dominant players on the court throughout the tourney. You put him at his true position of C and plant his ass in the post where he belongs and he becomes one of the most difficult players to guard in the post. He is still probably the best passing big man in the whole game. Great post moves, and can face up. It is a crime how he is being used right now. I think any team that gets him and puts him in the right position will be getting the Pau of 2 or 3 years ago when he was considered one of the best big men in the entire league.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#122 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Ersan has way more of a chance of being a 15/10 player at this point than Pau Gasol.

He's 13 and 8 now next to the best rebounder in the league and being played like a complete jackass and has been a 18 and 10 guy the past 10 seasons and looked like one 6 months ago. In his best stretch as a pro Ersan was a 16 and 9 and that was like 2/3 of a shortened season, essentially what we'd see from here to the end of the season. I'd take Gasol in that bet all day.

Gasol plays 34 minutes/game. Ersan plays 23 minutes/game.

Gasol will complain if you give him less minutes. He will say he never played so few minutes in his long, glorious career. Ersan will take it like a man.

Also, Gasol is just soft.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#123 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 am

JayMKE wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Are you comparing 12-13 Paul Gasol to Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, and Bob Lanier? lol.

yes. 12-13 gasol is right there with 12-13 howard and garnett and the older "broken down" version of lanier we traded for.

no matter how you try and spin it, hes one of the top 5 centers in the world today. thats assuming the energized olympic version of gasol from 6 months ago wasnt a mirage of course. that it could reappear once the crapshow in la goes into his rearview mirror, and hes utilized to his strengths again......not this gimmick crap they threw on him to appease howards sorry ass.

so yes.. im comparing them. id even suggest its possible he might bring the best impact of all 4 in that bunch for the next couple years.

Is this MBBOT in disguise? You'd rather have Pau Gasol right now than Kevin Garnett or Dwight Howard? Am I getting that right? Bob Lanier was before my time but he was still a 20 and 10 player when we traded for him.

you suck at reading. i said hes in the discussion when you mocked me for the comparison.

id take gasol over garnett.... id take howard over gasol even tho its close.... and id take gasol TO BE our lanier. no comment on whod be better vs lanier considering the eras and not seeing lanier except as a child.

and fyi.... lanier was limited by injuries by the time we got him. he averaged 14/6 in his first full year with us. he was also the piece that put us over the top. he gave us a chance to play against teams with other bigs that would hammered us without him on the roster. basically exactly what id hope pau gasol could bring with the rest of our young guys.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#124 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Ersan has way more of a chance of being a 15/10 player at this point than Pau Gasol.

He's 13 and 8 now next to the best rebounder in the league and being played like a complete jackass and has been a 18 and 10 guy the past 10 seasons and looked like one 6 months ago. In his best stretch as a pro Ersan was a 16 and 9 and that was like 2/3 of a shortened season, essentially what we'd see from here to the end of the season. I'd take Gasol in that bet all day.

Gasol is not the same player he used to be man. Just watch a few Laker games.

It seems that you think it's because he's next to Dwight. Well, Larry and Dwight are pretty similar in the fact that they can only score around the rim.

One of the only reasons I'd want Gasol here is for him to teach Henson a thing or two.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Post#125 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 am

H2tObes wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

It seems that you think it's because he's next to Dwight. Well, Larry and Dwight are pretty similar in the fact that they can only score around the rim.

One of the only reasons I'd want Gasol here is for him to teach Henson a thing or two.

If Gasol was the same player he used to be, you wouldn't be able to get him for Ersan.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,564

Post#126 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 am

I'm fine sticking with the front court as it is. Try to utilize Henson, Sanders, and Mbah A Moute in the post more if need be. We're not going to be a contending team even if we had a "legit post presence". Monta will most likely walk(fingers crossed), Jennings is a RFA so who knows what could happen with him, Udrih is expiring. Literally the only backcourt player we'll have for sure next year is Doron Lamb... Maybe. Seems pretty clear where the weakness of this team lies.
FREE GIANNIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#127 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 am

SugarRay34 wrote:Do you guys not remember about 6 months ago when Pau Gasol was playing in the Olympics and he was one of the most dominant players on the court throughout the tourney. You put him at his true position of C and plant his ass in the post where he belongs and he becomes one of the most difficult players to guard in the post. He is still probably the best passing big man in the whole game. Great post moves, and can face up. It is a crime how he is being used right now. I think any team that gets him and puts him in the right position will be getting the Pau of 2 or 3 years ago when he was considered one of the best big men in the entire league.

exactly.

im done with this silly nonsense about ersan ilyasova vs pau gasol and who youd rather have. this feels like the damn twilight zone that theres even a actual debate :o
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#128 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 am

Hopefully Ersan can continue with his good, recent play. We are 13-4 when he scores 10+.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#129 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 am

randy84 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He's 13 and 8 now next to the best rebounder in the league and being played like a complete jackass and has been a 18 and 10 guy the past 10 seasons and looked like one 6 months ago. In his best stretch as a pro Ersan was a 16 and 9 and that was like 2/3 of a shortened season, essentially what we'd see from here to the end of the season. I'd take Gasol in that bet all day.

If Gasol was the same player he used to be, you wouldn't be able to get him for Ersan.

ya if Gasol was the player he use to be we'd have to give up the equivalent of Kwame Brown, Javaris Critterton, Aaron McKie, two late 1st round picks, and a throwaway 2nd rounder.
FREE GIANNIS
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#130 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
SugarRay34 wrote:Do you guys not remember about 6 months ago when Pau Gasol was playing in the Olympics and he was one of the most dominant players on the court throughout the tourney. You put him at his true position of C and plant his ass in the post where he belongs and he becomes one of the most difficult players to guard in the post. He is still probably the best passing big man in the whole game. Great post moves, and can face up. It is a crime how he is being used right now. I think any team that gets him and puts him in the right position will be getting the Pau of 2 or 3 years ago when he was considered one of the best big men in the entire league.

exactly.

im done with this silly nonsense about ersan ilyasova vs pau gasol and who youd rather have. this feels like the damn twilight zone that theres even a actual debate :o

for christ sakes...there's a reason that we can even discuss trading ersan for pau. He's clearly regressed and has more then one medical issue. He'll be 33 next season and has been playing pro ball since he was 18. You guys act like he's 26 years old.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#131 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 am

Who cares what Pau Gasol did in the Olympics? There are a ton of Olympic studs that never do anything in the NBA. Pau got to rest his knees for a couple months and worked up the will to play well for a week on a team that has been built around him for over a decade. Big whoop. Carlos Arroyo and Vassilis Spanoulis are studs at international ball too, what did they do in the NBA?
FREE GIANNIS
randy84
RealGM

Post#132 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 am

JayMKE wrote:
ya if Gasol was the player he use to be we'd have to give up the equivalent of Kwame Brown, Javaris Critterton, Aaron McKie, two late 1st round picks, and a throwaway 2nd rounder.

Not to mention Marc Gasol.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#133 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 am

When we get something out of Ersan we are a seriously dangerous team. Having a guy who can just hit those open shots and pick and pop adds another dimension. Hopefully if we don't trade him he keeps it up.

Even if Gasol isn't the Gasol of old, he still has excellent passing ability and the ability to play through him when we are stuck in the half court would balance out our offense nicely. If we get lucky and get Pau Olympics version our ceiling goes way up.

If we could count on 15/9 from Ersan on high efficiency and good 3 point shooting the rest of the way out I don't make this trade. I just don't know that we can.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#134 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 am

randy84 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

who was a fat throwaway 2nd round pick stashed over in Europe at the time
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#135 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 am

ampd wrote:When we get something out of Ersan we are a seriously dangerous team. Having a guy who can just hit those open shots and pick and pop adds another dimension. Hopefully if we don't trade him he keeps it up.

Even if Gasol isn't the Gasol of old, he still has excellent passing ability and the ability to play through him when we are stuck in the half court would balance out our offense nicely. If we get lucky and get Pau Olympics version our ceiling goes way up.

If we could count on 15/9 from Ersan on high efficiency and good 3 point shooting the rest of the way out I don't make this trade. I just don't know that we can.

Where does ceiling go? Are we going to beat the Heat? It literally would change nothing. We're mediocre without Gasol, we'd be mediocre with Gasol.
FREE GIANNIS
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#136 » by Scoops » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:55 am

What could a package of Ersan/Monta fetch? Too much salary to offer them together?
Go Bucks!
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#137 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:56 am

If we got Gasol and he had any kind of renaissance with us, our ceiling is probably ECF. I would say thats our ceiling if Ersan somehow becomes a 17/10 guy on super high efficiency again too though. I wouldn't take any NBA team to beat the Heat in a 7 game series.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,668

Post#138 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 am

BucksFanSD wrote:Gasol plays 34 minutes/game. Ersan plays 23 minutes/game.

Per 36
14.6 pts, 9.1 rbs, 2 assists, .5 blocks
13.6, 8.8, 4, 1.5
Ersan is slightly better and stats are usually favored quite a bit more to the guy not playing near the amount of minutes.

BucksFanSD wrote:Gasol will complain if you give him less minutes. He will say he never played so few minutes in his long, glorious career. Ersan will take it like a man.

No, Ersan cried and moaned when Skiles did it.

BucksFanSD wrote:Also, Gasol is just soft.

Rebounding rates the same and Gasol is a much better post defender. If you're going to talk about Gasol being soft, Ersan is right there with him.

H2tObes wrote:Gasol is not the same player he used to be man. Just watch a few Laker games.

I agree he is not the same player he once was and that is exactly the reason why the Lakers are using him wrong. Prime Gasol could take you off the dribble, this Gasol can not. Instead of being used in the post he is being camped near the three point line. He could get away with that earlier in his career because he had the option of driving, now 99% of forwards in the league can defend his first step. You move him to center and he can take those guys or if you actually have him in the block where he belongs he can take any forward or center.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#139 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 am

Maybe Pau Gasol has been faking his awful play so he can get traded to the Milwaukee Bucks and re-live his great play, just like Stephen Jackson did with the Spurs.

Seriously, just watch some Laker games. Even with Dwight on the bench he's really bad. Kobe wants him off the team ASAP. He's been in so many trade rumors.
randy84
RealGM

Post#140 » by randy84 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 am

JayMKE wrote:
randy84 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

who was a fat throwaway 2nd round pick stashed over in Europe at the time

I guess that is what scouting is for.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks