ImageImage

PG: Brandon > Holiday

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Re: PG: Brandon > Holiday 

Post#141 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 am

JayMKE wrote:Where does ceiling go? Are we going to beat the Heat? It literally would change nothing. We're mediocre without Gasol, we'd be mediocre with Gasol.

So why not get the guy with the higher ceiling as a team (clearly Gasol) and has the shorter contract?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#142 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 am

Scoops wrote:What could a package of Ersan/Monta fetch? Too much salary to offer them together?

Millsap/Burks
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#143 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 am

H2tObes wrote:
Scoops wrote:What could a package of Ersan/Monta fetch? Too much salary to offer them together?

Millsap/Burks

I don't think Ersan has much value to anyone besides the Lakers. Why would the Jazz invest 5/40 in Ersan when they could probably have Millsap for 5/50?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#144 » by Scoops » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 am

H2tObes wrote:

Millsap/Burks

Gay or Randolph work too...
Go Bucks!
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#145 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:06 am

randy84 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
randy84 wrote:
Not to mention Marc Gasol.

who was a fat throwaway 2nd round pick stashed over in Europe at the time

I guess that is what scouting is for.

More like dumb luck. We could of drafted Marc Gasol too but instead we traded our 2007 2nd round pick to the Spurs for Damir Markota.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#146 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:07 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Where does ceiling go? Are we going to beat the Heat? It literally would change nothing. We're mediocre without Gasol, we'd be mediocre with Gasol.

So why not get the guy with the higher ceiling as a team (clearly Gasol) and has the shorter contract?

do I need to go down the list of why I don't want Gasol again?

Pau only has a higher ceiling if you invent a time machine or have found the fountain of youth.
FREE GIANNIS
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#147 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:Gasol plays 34 minutes/game. Ersan plays 23 minutes/game.

Per 36
14.6 pts, 9.1 rbs, 2 assists, .5 blocks
13.6, 8.8, 4, 1.5
Ersan is slightly better and stats are usually favored quite a bit more to the guy not playing near the amount of minutes.

I agree. Ersan has been bad this year. If we think he's going to get better, keep Ersan. If not, we have the assets to explore for an upgrade. Gasol is not an upgrade.

Probably best to evaluate Ersan after the end of the year, especially with the coaching change.

I just believe that good production at our 4 spot makes this a very good team. Not a contender, but dangerous. The stats back it up.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#148 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:10 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
H2tObes wrote:

Millsap/Burks

I don't think Ersan has much value to anyone besides the Lakers. Why would the Jazz invest 5/40 in Ersan when they could probably have Millsap for 5/50?

Ersan would be a better fit with Favors and its less about the difference of Millsap and Ersan, more about the difference in Ellis and Burks. Ellis has more a lot more value then Burks.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#149 » by H2tObes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 am

Scoops wrote:
H2tObes wrote:

Millsap/Burks

Gay or Randolph work too...

Randolph on this team makes us a top 3 seed in the east, but we'd have literally no one to fill in as our SG. We could maybe get Bayless, but he sucks.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#150 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 am

BucksFanSD wrote:I agree. Ersan has been bad this year. If we think he's going to get better, keep Ersan. If not, we have the assets to explore for an upgrade. Gasol is not an upgrade.

Probably best to evaluate Ersan after the end of the year, especially with the coaching change.

I just believe that good production at our 4 spot makes this a very good team. Not a contender, but dangerous. The stats back it up.

Fair enough. I think Gasol is a clear upgrade and I wouldn't give up assets with Ersan to get a guy like Millsap when you can trade Ersan with minimal additions for Gasol though.

I think right now if you put Gasol in the post he is better then Ersan right now and if each player played at the level we've seen before it's easily Gasol.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#151 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 am

one underrated thing about the game tonight is Monta. When he plays the role he did tonight, as mostly a secondary ball handler looking to attack and get other guys involved while still giving full effort on defense, this back court actually works. I like that we used him on some more catch and shoot plays and that he didn't force a bunch of jumpers around the free throw line.

We are a much better team when we let Jennings be the #1, and Monta play to his strengths driving the lane, shooting from mid range on the catch and shoot instead of off the dribble, and dishing to open guys. When he's doing that he and Jennings aren't redundant.

However Ersan ties this whole thing together. With him as a consistent threat from outside our offense is just vastly better.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#152 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:21 am

ampd wrote:However Ersan ties this whole thing together. With him as a consistent threat from outside our offense is just vastly better.

It's not even just as a threat from the outside, it's having ANY scoring besides Brandon, Monta and MDJ.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#153 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
BucksFanSD wrote:I agree. Ersan has been bad this year. If we think he's going to get better, keep Ersan. If not, we have the assets to explore for an upgrade. Gasol is not an upgrade.

Fair enough. I think Gasol is a clear upgrade and I wouldn't give up assets with Ersan to get a guy like Millsap when you can trade Ersan with minimal additions for Gasol though.

I'm with you there. I wouldn't give up too much to get Millsap. But I'd give fair value if Millsap would be willing to sign a reasonable contract. It's not like Ersan has no shot at playing at last year's level. He certainly does, perhaps even better say in 2-3 years. Every team will view Ersan differently.
ampd
RealGM

Post#154 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ampd wrote:However Ersan ties this whole thing together. With him as a consistent threat from outside our offense is just vastly better.

It's not even just as a threat from the outside, it's having ANY scoring besides Brandon, Monta and MDJ.

Right. It allows the back court to take less shots and distribute without just leaving other guys in spots where they have to try to force their offense.
BucksFanSD
Veteran

Post#155 » by BucksFanSD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:30 am

This. It allows everyone to play within themselves.
ampd
RealGM

Post#156 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 am

BucksFanSD wrote:

This. It allows everyone to play within themselves.

Especially Monta. If he can play the role he did tonight offensively, probably usually with a few more shots, I would actually like him as a player
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#157 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 am

BucksFanSD wrote:I'm with you there. I wouldn't give up too much to get Millsap. But I'd give fair value if Millsap would be willing to sign a reasonable contract. It's not like Ersan has no shot at playing at last year's level. He certainly does, perhaps even better say in 2-3 years. Every team will view Ersan differently.

Yeah he certainly could and if he does it would be more of a discussion for me, I'm not sold after 2 games though. Personally, I think you put Gasol on our team right now he's a 15 and 10 guy which is what we are hoping Ersan would become again and I could easily see him becoming that 20 and 10 player again.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#158 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 am

ampd wrote:Especially Monta. If he can play the role he did tonight offensively, probably usually with a few more shots, I would actually like him as a player

I think a Gasol/Monta pick and roll would be pretty fun to watch if Monta bought in.
haubrich91
Junior
And1: 36

Post#159 » by haubrich91 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 am

It was awesome seeing Jennings acknowledging and approving the "All-star" chants by Sector 7.
LUKE23 wrote:Jennings has given up on this team. **** him. Scrap the entire backcourt. One has no heart and the other has no brain. Yellow brick road these **** out of here.
ampd
RealGM

Post#160 » by ampd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 am

haubrich91 wrote:It was awesome seeing Jennings acknowledging and approving the "All-star" chants by Sector 7.

I hope he makes it. If he doesn't, I hope he uses it as motivation this time instead of channeling his inner Captain Jack

Return to Milwaukee Bucks