ImageImage

The Josh Smith eventually to the Bucks thread (maybe)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Re: Gery: Bucks in on Josh Smith sweepstakes 

Post#1601 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

blazza18 wrote:The caller on wssp wants Josh Smith and Jordan Crawford.

:o I HAVE NO WORDS

I wouldn't watch another game. All they need to do is get Jamal Crawford as well and we'd be set. So Bucks brass if you're reading this and you want me gone and whole bunch of swaggy new fans, find a way to role out the following...

Jennings
Ellis /Jordan Crawford
Jamal Crawford
Smiff / Gooden
Bargnani / Fat Sammy
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#1602 » by mcfromage » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

That sounds like some speculation someone on here posted earlier, based only on the idea of not including Monta or BJ.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#1603 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:So Gary Ellerson just said he is hearing Moute/Udrih/1st for Smith....If thats the deal then im down with it

Ellerson isn't hearing ****.

Lol. No, technically he IS hearing sh*t.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1604 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm

JayMKE wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:So Gary Ellerson just said he is hearing Moute/Udrih/1st for Smith....If thats the deal then im down with it

per his uncle-in-law?

From is uncle-in-law's brother's cousin
sneakerdust
Banned User
And1: 101

Post#1605 » by sneakerdust » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

The fact that I'm laughing more than banging my head in reaction to Milwaukee Bucks info means this really has to happen, at least for comic relief sake. Just Fing go for it, LOL.

JJ Redick - not funny

JSmoove - funny
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#1606 » by kid idioteque » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm kind of expecting something to go down in the next little while. The talk on Twitter has really quieted down and if something is going to happen, it makes sense to get it done before the games tonight. And this was about the time the Bogut/Ellis deal happened.

EDIT: Apparently not. :-?
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Post#1607 » by El Pooch Grande » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Just tuned into 1250 via the internet...hoping for some final nuggets before the top of the hour.

"We are the Champions, my friends"
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#1608 » by BigDoggyStyle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

I'd rather deal Daly than Udrih if this is the case. We'd have no backup PG. Unless...we trade for Maynor.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1609 » by blazza18 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 pm

El Pooch Grande wrote:Just tuned into 1250 via the internet...hoping for some final nuggets before the top of the hour.

Good luck with that. Mostly just a lot of **** being thrown around.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
jwalsh52
Junior
And1: 24

Post#1610 » by jwalsh52 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Ellis would be backup PG and Lamb backup SG.
jwalsh52
Junior
And1: 24

Post#1611 » by jwalsh52 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Ellis would be backup PG and Lamb backup SG.
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 831

Post#1612 » by El Pooch Grande » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 am

blazza18 wrote:
El Pooch Grande wrote:Just tuned into 1250 via the internet...hoping for some final nuggets before the top of the hour.

Good luck with that. Mostly just a lot of **** being thrown around.

LOL pretty much

"We are the Champions, my friends"
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#1613 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am

Rumors tend to die once games are started.

I thought we played like a team last night that was dealing with a lot of trade rumors.

Very disengaged to start the game, Monta looked like he was playing to be traded and Brandon playing to make another team want him. Will be interesting to see what the team's energy looks like tonight.

We've literally had almost the whole team involved in rumors today and then one report comes out saying that only Jennings, Sanders and Henson are untouchable. Would tend to make the others feel slighted (or excited).
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#1614 » by mcfromage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
I sent out a few texts to league sources, asking if they've heard anything. Responses: "Not really." "Nothing." "Nah." "Not really."
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#1615 » by kid idioteque » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

It sounds like Smith is starting for the Hawks tonight.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#1616 » by paul » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Rumors tend to die once games are started.

I thought we played like a team last night that was dealing with a lot of trade rumors.

Very disengaged to start the game, Monta looked like he was playing to be traded and Brandon playing to make another team want him. Will be interesting to see what the team's energy looks like tonight.

We've literally had almost the whole team involved in rumors today and then one report comes out saying that only Jennings, Sanders and Henson are untouchable. Would tend to make the others feel slighted (or excited).

Tobes is warming up with 14 rabbits feet in his socks.
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#1617 » by mcfromage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 am

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Source: Josh Smith not opposed to re-signing with Bucks. #NBA http://cbsprt.co/XqaTao
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#1618 » by mcfromage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 am

Josh Smith is not opposed to Milwaukee -- the city or the weather -- and likes the Bucks' roster enough to re-sign there if traded, a league source told CBSSports.com Wednesday.

With less than 24 hours before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the Bucks, Suns and Nets are the most realistic suitors in a trade for Smith, sources said. Milwaukee's chances of landing the 6-9 forward were viewed in some league circles as diminished by the team's small-market and cold-weather status. Smith, however, is more interested in the talent he'll be playing with than geography.

But that's part of the sticking point in getting a deal done with the Bucks. If Milwaukee surrendered either member of its starting backcourt, Brandon Jennings or Monta Ellis, it would diminish Smith's enthusiasm for making a long-term commitment there. And those are Milwaukee's two most dynamic assets in a potential package for Smith.

League executives continue to believe that Phoenix is the most realistic destination for Smith. It would be a slam dunk if the Suns were willing to surrender two first-round picks in the deal -- their own and the Lakers' pick obtained in the Steve Nash trade -- in addition to center Marcin Gortat. However, rival execs believe strongly that the Suns will not agree to give the Hawks multiple picks, especially their own, which will be high in the lottery.

The Nets have offered MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries and either a first-round pick or Croatian Bojan Bogdanovic for Smith. Short of the Suns offering two first-rounders, some execs believe Brooklyn's offer may be the best Ferry is able to extract for Smith, a 27-year-old prospective free agent who has never been an All-Star. But sources say Ferry's refusal to take back salary beyond this season is a sticking point the Nets will have trouble overcoming. Finding a third team to absorb Humphries or perhaps Gerald Wallace in a Smith deal would be challenging, to say the least.

The Celtics have discussed a potential deal with Atlanta involving Smith and Paul Pierce, who has only $4 million guaranteed next season. Most rival front offices now believe the Celtics will try to add to their roster before Thursday's deadline, not blow it up.

Also, the Golden State Warriors had some brief dialogue with the Hawks about Smith, but sources said it never rose to a serious level. Ferry's insistence on including Stephen Curry -- and not including Andris Biedrins, who is owed $9 million next season -- put the brakes on those discussions.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1619 » by blazza18 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 am

mcfromage wrote:Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Source: Josh Smith not opposed to re-signing with Bucks. #NBA http://cbsprt.co/XqaTao

Either would I if I was given the max.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#1620 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 am

GIVE THE MAN SOME SPACE TO WORK HIS MAGIC U THIRSTY @SS IMPATIENT AHOLES!!!!!!!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks