ImageImage

who do you want as our PG?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Re: who do you want as our PG? 

Post#41 » by RickInCali » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Ellis to PHX for Gortat and Dragic. No black hole PG's please. I have this feeling like Ersan would be all-world with a PG like that...
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#42 » by CanadaBucks » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:17 pm

RickInCali wrote:Ellis to PHX for Gortat and Dragic. No black hole PG's please. I have this feeling like Ersan would be all-world with a PG like that...

Goran Dragic makes Ersan All-World????? Sign me up!!! But seriously?? Come on.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#43 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I think a Bledsoe+Larry combo would be hella entertaining.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I think a Bledsoe+Larry combo would be hella entertaining.

I have no idea if Bledsoe amounts to anything, but I'll take my chances. Would much rather overpay for a guy like him than trade for Josh Smith.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#45 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Defensively Bledsoe+Larry would be unbelievable, and both tend to be efficient offensively. If Henson and Harris make the leap next year and we are able to draft a SG this summer I'd be stoked about this team.

Spoiler:

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#46 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

After watching Bledsoe run the Clippers in place of Paul, I really have no interest in going for him. I much rather make a run at Rondo.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#47 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:After watching Bledsoe run the Clippers in place of Paul, I really have no interest in going for him. I much rather make a run at Rondo.

You are looking at this the wrong way. Because Bledsoe's stock went down the past two weeks, that makes him more available and thus time to strike.

If he were 26 years old and hadn't distinguished himself, that's one thing. But this guy still has upside and might get it someday as a starting PG. if he does get it, we have zero chance to acquire him later. You've got to take a risk and buy now while the Clips have dreams of a long playoff run this spring and are willing to trade him.

Otherwise when he puts up a 24/12/5 line in some playoff game come May, we will be kicking ourselves we didn't take a flyer on the raw talent when we had the chance.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#48 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't think his stock lowered much despite the inadequacies in his game he showed, that's the problem.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't think his stock lowered much despite the inadequacies in his game he showed, that's the problem.

Could be the case. No idea what they are asking for him.

Just noting though that human nature being what it is, the Clippers brass probably aren't feeling as confident as they were a few weeks back that they can plug Bledsoe in to replace Paul without missing much. So they might be more receptive to trying to get vets to make a long playoff run to appease Paul. We can supply those vets to them.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#50 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:06 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:So they might be more receptive to trying to get vets to make a long playoff run to appease Paul. We can supply those vets to them.

I don't think we can hold a candle to what some other teams could offer, unless you somehow pull a three way.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#51 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't think his stock lowered much despite the inadequacies in his game he showed, that's the problem.

Yeah he's pretty close to where Teague was a year or two ago in his development, but I think if you put a ball handling SG next to him like a Jeremy Lamb and we'd be set.

Spoiler:

Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#52 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

Yeah he's pretty close to where Teague was a year or two ago in his development, but I think if you put a ball handling SG next to him like a Jeremy Lamb and we'd be set.

I don't mind Bledsoe, I said around draft time I wouldn't be surprised to see him be better then Wall (I was wrong). Last season was the time to try to get him, this season is value is through the roof, I'd pass. Like really, what do we have to interest them? Jennings in a three way? Why wouldn't the other team take Bledsoe? Ersan? I highly doubt he has that value to LA or in a three way. Maybe we throw our farm (Henson/Harris/1st) in a three way for him? Honestly, I just think the price is too high for Bledsoe, I'd pass.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#53 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Spoiler:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:So they might be more receptive to trying to get vets to make a long playoff run to appease Paul. We can supply those vets to them.

I don't think we can hold a candle to what some other teams could offer, unless you somehow pull a three way.

This is where I get into the overpaying part. Moute and Ersan for Bledsoe and Odom's expiring contract. Then if the Clips say that isn't enough, I offer to put in either our first or Dunleavy.

At that point, Kohl, Hammond and Jim Paschke all start grousing that there is no way they'd give up three positive assets for an unproven guy like Bledsoe and walk away.

Bledsoe might not work out at all. But the potential upside of that type of move is better than whatever those guys will come up with.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#55 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This is where I get into the overpaying part. Moute and Ersan for Bledsoe and Odom's expiring contract. Then if the Clips say that isn't enough, I offer to put in either our first or Dunleavy.

See, I don't think that is overpaying at all. I think Bledsoe has just as much if not easily more value then Ersan, he certainly has more value to winning for them being their backup point guard and part time two. Ersan can only play one position, and the guy he'd be backing up plays 35+ minutes a game. I don't see Ersan having much value to them at all. Moute I'm not sure what to think, but I certainly think he has more value to them then Ersan does but enough to give up Bledsoe? Doubt it.

I don't see us having enough to get Bledsoe straight up with LA, we'd need to pull some fancy 3/4 way trade.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#56 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 pm

didn't the clips want jsmith last year? if we could get smith for ellis+ and then trade smith for butler+bledsoe...then jennings for mayo...

Spoiler:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#57 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 pm

DocHoliday wrote:didn't the clips want jsmith last year? if we could get smith for ellis+ and then trade smith for butler+bledsoe...then jennings for mayo...

Home run trade deadline for me then.

We are basically swapping out the swag twins for Bledsoe and Mayo. Add in a competent SF in Butler.

I'd overpay a bit with other assets to get those two trades done.

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#58 » by emunney » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:22 pm

I'd like to give Nick Calathes a shot but I don't know if he has any interest in the NBA.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#59 » by Lippo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Chris Paul . and we took Bogut :/
superelkman
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#60 » by superelkman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Almost any of those guys would be OK as long as we get them on a good deal. It would be ideal to get one of those guys as a stopgap while we develop a young PG. You see every year young PGs with potential being drafted in late 1st/early 2nd that with the amount of coaching and PT BJ got could be just as good as him. Guys like Tony Wroten, Marquis Teague, Tyshawn Taylor are all guys that could play a backup role while we get a decent starting PG on the cheap.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks