Starter
And1: 84

Re: Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline 

Post#101 » by Debit One » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:59 pm

A Diddy2231 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Debit One wrote:Given that:

Wow. Welcome back.

Good to see the optimism thinking we'll do some major housecleaning this week.

Are you implying Debit has inside info? Or..Debit is this all your opinion?

No inside info with regard to the Bucks. I just choose to believe that the Senator has surely found a cure for his blindness.

Alas, any inside info that I have would be related to the Bobcats. Could there be a worse hoops plight than for a Bucks fan to be living in Charlotte? I am relegated to attending the Bobcats - Pistons game Wed night ... YAWN.

As for the beloved Bucks, there is not a single reason that I can come up with for them to have either Butch Swaggy or the Chucksalot Kid on their roster post-deadline.
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#102 » by Debit One » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
A Diddy2231 wrote:
Are you implying Debit has inside info? Or..Debit is this all your opinion?

He's just a good guy

Debatable.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#103 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:Probably a small move. If Larry sanders leaves, I'm burning my Bucks jerseys and becoming an advocate for moving the team.

Larry has the potential to become a MAX player.

Totally. If he can improve his offense, bulk up a little, and foul slightly less. He would turn into Garnett jr.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#104 » by Fort Minor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm

humanrefutation wrote:We stand pat. Everyone loses.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#105 » by trwi7 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm

You can lead a Senator to to a nuclear warhead but you can't make him detonate it over his NBA team.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#106 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Bucks are gonna be really active and aggressive this week.

Trade #1

Bucks trade Jennings/Ersan/Marquis to Clippers for Bledsoe & Butler

Trade #2

Bucks trade Monta & Dalembert to Hawks for Devin Harris & Josh Smith

Trade #3

Bucks trade Beno to Celtics for Courtney Lee

New Lineup

Bledsoe/Harris
Lee/Dunleavy
Butler/Moute
Smith/Henson
Sanders/Udoh
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#107 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:46 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bucks are gonna be really active and aggressive this week.

Trade #1

Bucks trade Jennings/Ersan/Marquis to Clippers for Bledsoe & Butler

Trade #2

Bucks trade Monta & Dalembert to Hawks for Devin Harris & Josh Smith

Trade #3

Bucks trade Beno to Celtics for Courtney Lee

New Lineup

Bledsoe/Harris
Lee/Dunleavy
Butler/Moute
Smith/Henson
Sanders/Udoh

Would be an interesting team
Fed
Junior
And1: 424

Post#108 » by Fed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Hammond is going to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing.
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#109 » by Wiscfan92 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Hopefully dumping both Ellis and Jennings but probably just one. I just hope and pray that nothing involves us acquiring JJ Redick... he is trash and the ONLY way I would approve of him coming to MKE is if we dump Gooden along the way in that trade
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#110 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Fed wrote:Hammond is going to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing.

During the meeting of the minds in the last week, Herb Kohl looked at Hammond and said "why change anything with this team? We're in the playoffs, John."

Sadly, this could be true.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Wiscfan92
Starter
And1: 206

Post#111 » by Wiscfan92 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:05 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:
Fed wrote:Hammond is going to sit on his hands and do absolutely nothing.

During the meeting of the minds in the last week, Herb Kohl looked at Hammond and said "why change anything with this team? We're in the playoffs, John."

Sadly, this could be true.

I can totally see this too. And it gives me nightmares, some kind of trade MUST be done before we lose everyone and look to signing old, overpaid vets in the off-season
Play your role till your role change. Pay your dues till your dues paid.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#112 » by JayMKE » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:18 pm

No idea what we'll do. Could be nothing, could be something that makes us worse going forward. What are the chances Hammond/Kohl actually make the outlook of this team better in the long term? Pretty slim, whatever happens most likely this board will hate it.
FREE GIANNIS
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#113 » by yoshii8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Anybody else think that a lot will depend on how they do on the back to back against the Nets? As of now, I think they are leaning towards bigger trades, but if they play well and win both I could see that changing.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#114 » by averageposter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

What started as a firestorm last week is merely a dribble now, talk radio is onto recapping the Allstar game, and local radio Gammel/Braun. Any momentum built or pressure put on by outside sources questioning direction or demanding accountability is seemingly gone. We are essentially days away from a trade deadline and days removed from incendiary stories about Jennings and its like a ghost town out there for rumors.

I sort of expect this deadline will be one of those quiet ones in terms of chatter but with a bunch of surprising moves, particularly since the CBA has the rest of its teeth going forward and smart teams will be ahead of the curve in positioning their cap.

But I think the Bucks trade Jennings as a big move, and perhaps an expirer or two in a smaller move. I predict I won't like the return.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#115 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Just got an email from the Bucks that there is a season ticket subscriber conference call with Hammond and Boylan for next Friday (March 1st).

Kind of an odd time to just have one if you don't plan to make any deals in my opinion. Maybe reading too much into it.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#116 » by Steve210 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm

JayMKE wrote:No idea what we'll do. Could be nothing, could be something that makes us worse going forward. What are the chances Hammond/Kohl actually make the outlook of this team better in the long term? Pretty slim, whatever happens most likely this board will hate it.

I also really don't have any idea what we will do? I'm pretty sure with us sitting at the 8th spot that we are not going to be "sellers". Do we move guys like Gooden, Udoh, Udrih, or Dalembert? Possibly, but I'm not sure any of those guys will bring much back in return.

Do I want to see the Bucks go after Josh Smith? Absolutely not! Why? The dude has already publically dissed Milwaukee, I can't see how bringing him in would work? I really hope the organization has learned their lesson after the Gary Payton, Corey Maggette, and Stephen Jackson mistakes. Not to mention, why trade for a rental that will most likely walk after the season anyway?

I'd try and move Monta if possible, because it sure sounds like he's planning on walking after the season, but I'm not sure how much teams would offer, knowing that he's going to most likely become a free agent anyway? If we make any moves at all, I want to see young players or draft picks coming back to the Bucks.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Post#117 » by CanadaBucks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Anyone with insider? Something about the Bucks being a good fit for Eric Gordon.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=2469
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#118 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

The NBA's highly anticipated trade deadline is this Thursday, and there continues to be buzz that New Orleans could deal Eric Gordon. Dallas, Houston and Golden State are three teams reported to be interested in the sweet-shooting two-guard out of Indiana, but Milwaukee could offer a good fit.

Here's the thing about Milwaukee. The Bucks currently have two talented guards in Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis that probably aren't long for the roster. The feeling is that Jennings' decision to recently change agents was made to set him up for a big pay day in a bigger market, and just yesterday Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe wrote that Ellis is expected to decline his $11 million player option for next season and become a free agent.

It's clear that the Bucks need more stability and certainty in the backcourt going forward, and the irony is that Gordon -- someone who has done the exact opposite in New Orleans -- is a player who might be able to offer it in Milwaukee. Now, this is pure speculation on my part, but if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?

Such a deal would not only work, it would also allow Milwaukee to get past the Ellis era with a young player in Gordon who is from the Midwest and also signed for three seasons beyond this one. Adding a talent the caliber of Gordon via the free agent route is pretty much out of the question in Milwaukee, and other than getting lucky in the draft this is one of the only ways the Bucks can add a borderline star. The big question is whether Gordon would stop being a headache in Milwaukee, and if he could stay injury-free as well.

From New Orleans' perspective, they would be able to shed the money owed to Gordon and also would get a dynamic scorer in Ellis who is from the South and thus, might be more inclined to return for $11 million (his player option) with the Pelicans next season. On top of that, adding someone like Harris would give New Orleans a young talent with big potential at their weakest position.

Again, this is pure speculation, and it'd be a serious roll of the dice by both teams, but it's a trade that makes a lot of sense on a number of levels.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#119 » by nmeurett » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

If the Bucks can land Eric Gordon I will poop my pants! I would trade anything minus Larry Sanders,Harris,Henson!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#120 » by emunney » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Ellis and Harris for Gordon is an absolute no brainer for us. Wow, that would be great.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks