ImageImage

Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Predict what the Bucks ACTUALLY do at the trade deadline 

Post#41 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 am

Though I want us to go big, and deal one of the swag twins ersan as well as filler for Josh Smith, or make a move to get Millsap or another marquee guy, I think the Bucks are going to make one or two smaller moves.

1) Bucks trade Epke Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, and Tobias Harris to Suns for Marcin Gortat and Jared Dudley

2) Bucks trade Doron Lamb and Mike Dunleavy to Nuggets for Corey Brewer and a 2nd round pick.

They are both little impact outside of Dunleavy in our main rotation, but adding Gortat, Dudley, and Brewer as upgrades to the rotation over Dunleavy, Udrih, and Udoh would be a good thing for the Bucks.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#42 » by LUKE23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 am

DWagner85 wrote:Though I want us to go big, and deal one of the swag twins ersan as well as filler for Josh Smith, or make a move to get Millsap or another marquee guy, I think the Bucks are going to make one or two smaller moves.

1) Bucks trade Epke Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, and Tobias Harris to Suns for Marcin Gortat and Jared Dudley

2) Bucks trade Doron Lamb and Mike Dunleavy to Nuggets for Corey Brewer and a 2nd round pick.

They are both little impact outside of Dunleavy in our main rotation, but adding Gortat, Dudley, and Brewer as upgrades to the rotation over Dunleavy, Udrih, and Udoh would be a good thing for the Bucks.

Both of those deals blow, especially trading Tobias Harris in the first one. I'd pass on both easily.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#43 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:46 am

LUKE23 wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:Though I want us to go big, and deal one of the swag twins ersan as well as filler for Josh Smith, or make a move to get Millsap or another marquee guy, I think the Bucks are going to make one or two smaller moves.

Both of those deals blow, especially trading Tobias Harris in the first one. I'd pass on both easily.

I think the Suns pass anyways.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#44 » by Frank Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 am

LUKE23 wrote:

I know this thread wasn't meant for any type of personal opinion and what not but I'd be highly upset and utterly disgusted if either trade went down. Gortat would be nice but I still hold out hope Tobias is more than a SL star and would not be okay with moving him in a deal like that.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#45 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 am

LUKE23 wrote:

You honestly feel Tobias has talent? There is a reason he is not playing considering our weakness is depth on the wing, hint hint, he is not a good player, and to me has actually digressed since last season. Better to dump him now while people still think has has something.

Jared Dudley has solid perimeter defense, and has a solid cheap contract, can make the 3 ball. And to argue about Marcin Gortat playing next to Sanders is ignorant. Sanders has a ton of quickness and athleticism and can make a 15-17 foot jumper.

I can definitely see why you would hate the second trade, but have you checked Doron lamb's efficiency not only with the Bucks, but in the D-League, he is not even a Jodie Meeks caliber player, and again, better to trade him now for talent then sit and regret it later. Mike for Corey is basically an offense for defense swap, but I feel Dudley can give what Mike does, and the Bucks really need an upgrade on defense.

Those are just my thoughts, felt like explaining why I feel those are moves we will possibly make.
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#46 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 am

Just curious, do a few of you have like a haters club or something, seems like its 3-4 of you just non stop hating on every post.

Especially if it has us dealing Harris or Lamb, yet you same haters are major advocates for us to trade Ellis or Jennings for a late first round pick and a bucket of popcorn with a sleezy 5 dollar grab outside the theatre.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#47 » by jtrinaldi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 am

As long as we break up the Brick Brothers tandem, I will be fine
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#48 » by H2tObes » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 am

DWagner85 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:

You honestly feel Tobias has talent? There is a reason he is not playing considering our weakness is depth on the wing, hint hint, he is not a good player, and to me has actually digressed since last season. Better to dump him now while people still think has has something.

Jared Dudley has solid perimeter defense, and has a solid cheap contract, can make the 3 ball. And to argue about Marcin Gortat playing next to Sanders is ignorant. Sanders has a ton of quickness and athleticism and can make a 15-17 foot jumper.

I can definitely see why you would hate the second trade, but have you checked Doron lamb's efficiency not only with the Bucks, but in the D-League, he is not even a Jodie Meeks caliber player, and again, better to trade him now for talent then sit and regret it later. Mike for Corey is basically an offense for defense swap, but I feel Dudley can give what Mike does, and the Bucks really need an upgrade on defense.

Those are just my thoughts, felt like explaining why I feel those are moves we will possibly make.

So much wrong in this post
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am

Guys, I don't want to silence the discussion, but this really is a predictions thread versus a critique all the deals thread. We've got plenty of those out there already.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#50 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am

DWagner85 wrote:yet you same haters are major advocates for us to trade Ellis or Jennings for a late first round pick and a bucket of popcorn with a sleezy 5 dollar grab outside the theatre.

Because those guys are the three ounce, $10 box of Mike&Ikes.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#51 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:02 am

H2tObes wrote:

So much wrong in this post[/quote]

Honestly, how is an opinion wrong you ########### stop being a complete deush for once, love how you talk smack about peoples opinions, when you feel John Henson and his 130 lb frame is going to be better then Josh Smith not only on offense, but as a defender as well.

Sorry if this is out of line, just sick and tired of people openly criticizing others opinions on the Bucks Forum. Remember a good old school lesson people should really try to re-learn. "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#52 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 am

If we decide to make a bigger splash, this is the trade I would like to see.

Bucks get: Millsap and Beaubois

Jazz get : Marion and Collison

Mavs get : Jennings, Bell, and Gooden
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#53 » by H2tObes » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 am

DWagner85 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:

So much wrong in this post

Honestly, how is an opinion wrong you ########### stop being a complete deush for once, love how you talk smack about peoples opinions, when you feel John Henson and his 130 lb frame is going to be better then Josh Smith not only on offense, but as a defender as well.

I said John Henson will be a better offensive player then Smith, which won't be very hard considering that Smith is an awful offensive player. I never once said Henson will be a better defensive player then Smith, I said he has a high ceiling on defense solely because of his length, I hope he will be able to fill out over the years.

I'm not trying to single you out, but all you do is complain about people that complain. Doesn't help anything. Keep it to basketball..
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#54 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:09 am

DWagner85 wrote:If we decide to make a bigger splash, this is the trade I would like to see.

I could get behind that, I'm not sure Utah does it but I'd even just take Dallas' package if it came down to it.
DWagner85
Banned User

Post#55 » by DWagner85 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
DWagner85 wrote:If we decide to make a bigger splash, this is the trade I would like to see.

I could get behind that, I'm not sure Utah does it but I'd even just take Dallas' package if it came down to it.

I agree on taking the Mavs package if it came down too it, would make us an all around more balanced team. Not 100% sold on the Jazz taking this myself, but I hear the only reason they are not going to keep both Jeff and Mill is because they feel Mill will get around 11m per in FA.
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#56 » by linguini8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 am

My boss is currently dating someone in the Milwaukee FO. According to his text, there is "a really really really good chance" that a trade goes down. I didn't push and ask who/how impactive it may be, though for me it doesn't matter. Some kind of change will happen over the next few days.

Personally I'd like to see a 3-way done with Mil-Orl-Atl. Jennings to ATL, Smith to ORL, Redick to MIL. + Fillers of course. After this maybe a smaller trade to bring in another PG. Unless there's a way to include Teague in the deal which would be great. For the likely win-now thinking by the way. Otherwise I'd be blowing it all up for picks/whoever has upside.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#57 » by mcfromage » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 am

Push, for the love of man, push.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#58 » by kid idioteque » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 am

I think they make one big trade and one small one:

Jennings/Ilyasova for Teague/Smith
Dalembert/Mbah a Moute for Humphries/Brooks

Teague/Udrih
Ellis/Brooks
Dunleavy/Harris
Smith/Henson
Sanders/Udoh
linguini8
Junior
And1: 47

Post#59 » by linguini8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 am

Dalembert/Luc for Humphries/Brooks, man how awful that would be.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#60 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 am

linguini8 wrote:Dalembert/Luc for Humphries/Brooks, man how awful that would be.

Yeah that trade is pretty atrocious.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks