Team Totals8248.4982.16.43818.94.35322.48.74741.1121.466.604.9095.48

See all Milwaukee Bucks team stats

ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#1 ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Er
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 pm by LedZepp007

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=2469
By Joe Kaiser
The NBA's highly anticipated trade deadline is this Thursday, and there continues to be buzz that New Orleans could deal Eric Gordon. Dallas, Houston and Golden State are three teams reported to be interested in the sweet-shooting two-guard out of Indiana, but Milwaukee could offer a good fit.

Here's the thing about Milwaukee. The Bucks currently have two talented guards in Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis that probably aren't long for the roster. The feeling is that Jennings' decision to recently change agents was made to set him up for a big pay day in a bigger market, and just yesterday Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe wrote that Ellis is expected to decline his $11 million player option for next season and become a free agent.

It's clear that the Bucks need more stability and certainty in the backcourt going forward, and the irony is that Gordon -- someone who has done the exact opposite in New Orleans -- is a player who might be able to offer it in Milwaukee. Now, this is pure speculation on my part, but if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?

Such a deal would not only work, it would also allow Milwaukee to get past the Ellis era with a young player in Gordon who is from the Midwest and also signed for three seasons beyond this one. Adding a talent the caliber of Gordon via the free agent route is pretty much out of the question in Milwaukee, and other than getting lucky in the draft this is one of the only ways the Bucks can add a borderline star. The big question is whether Gordon would stop being a headache in Milwaukee, and if he could stay injury-free as well.

From New Orleans' perspective, they would be able to shed the money owed to Gordon and also would get a dynamic scorer in Ellis who is from the South and thus, might be more inclined to return for $11 million (his player option) with the Pelicans next season. On top of that, adding someone like Harris would give New Orleans a young talent with big potential at their weakest position.

Again, this is pure speculation, and it'd be a serious roll of the dice by both teams, but it's a trade that makes a lot of sense on a number of levels.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LedZepp007
Starter
And1: 172

Post#2 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm by JimmyTheKid

I'm down.
JimmyTheKid
Veteran
And1: 191

Post#3 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm by eagle13

New Orleans could deal Eric Gordon. Dallas, Houston and Golden State are three teams reported to be interested
And how much interest in ellis? <crickets>
if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?
New Orleans
eagle13
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#4 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm by superelkman

I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.
superelkman
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#5 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:16 pm by Buck Brewpacker

If Eric Gordon stops acting like Eric Gordon and enjoys himself in Milwaukee, I do that in a split second. I love Tobbies potential, but Eric Gordon fills a huge void; w/ 3 years left on the contract nonetheless. This completely depends on Gordon's willingness to enjoy himself in Milwaukee.
Buck Brewpacker
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 pm by Burton_D_Guster

JimmyTheKid wrote:I'm down.
Burton_D_Guster

Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm by whatthe_buck!?

superelkman wrote:I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.

That's actually who I assumed was being referred to in the thread title before I opened the thread lol. I think the bucks acquiring a young player the caliber of an Eric Gordon by the deadline is an extremely remote possibility at this point, hope I'm dead wrong of course...
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#8 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 pm by DWagner85

A small market team like Milwaukee can not afford to have an oft injured player as the cornerstone of the team. First with Michael Redd, then with Andrew Bogut, we cannot afford to deal with Eric Gordan now as well. Not to mention he as well has the same mindset that we all hate so much in Brandon, that mindset that they should dictate where they play.
DWagner85
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#9 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 pm by LedZepp007

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
superelkman wrote:I think its more likely we trade for Ben Gordon than Eric Gordon.

That's actually who I assumed was being referred to in the thread title before I opened the thread lol. I think the bucks acquiring a young player the caliber of an Eric Gordon by the deadline is an extremely remote possibility at this point, hope I'm dead wrong of course...

There's no reason for NO to do that deal unless: Monta says that he will opt in and/or they hate Gordon (I don't think they do). Also, Gordon would have to approve the trade. Fat chance indeed.
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LedZepp007
Starter
And1: 172

Post#10 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm by SupremeHustle

whatthe_buck!? wrote:

This is the Gordon to go after-

Team meals = off the chain.
Gary Neal is questionable.
SupremeHustle

General Manager
And1: 603

Post#11 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:29 pm by Steve210

I'm not sure if Monta and Tobias would be enough to get this deal done? If we were able to pull something off with NO to bring in Gordon, then I think a good move would be to hire Kelvin Sampson who coached Gordon at Indiana.
Steve210
Senior
And1: 20

Post#12 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm by The Wet Whistle

eagle13 wrote:
if Milwaukee offered up Ellis and a young talent like Tobias Harris for Gordon, which team would say no?
New Orleans

:lol: I thought the exact same thing
Ill-yasova wrote:I was comfortable with my sexuality until Carlos Delfino fixed his gaze on me and I immediately became pregnant. How am I supposed to deal with that?
The Wet Whistle
Veteran
And1: 53

Post#13 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm by DanoMac

To revisit my trade from before:

Milwaukee Out: Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, Top 10 Protected 1st
Milwaukee In: Eric Gordon, Andre Miller

New Orleans Out: Eric Gordon
New Orleans In: Roddy Beaubois, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Top 10 Protected 1st (MIL), Lottery Protected 1st (DAL)

Denver Out: Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, 2nd Round Pick
Denver In: Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh

Dallas Out; Roddy Beaubois, Lottery Protected 1st
Dallas In: Brandon Jennings, 2nd Round Pick (DEN)
DanoMac

Head Coach
And1: 247

Post#14 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm by DocHoliday

SupremeHustle wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

no this is the one
DocHoliday

RealGM
And1: 253

Post#15 Re: Possibility of Gordon (ESPN)
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm by whatthe_buck!?

SupremeHustle wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

Lol. Not to mention adding more disciplinarianism to the Bucks as an organization than boylan, kohl, and the entire bucks FO provide combined. Savy thinking Supreme...
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#16 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm by CanadaBucks

My turn:

CanadaBucks
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#17 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 pm by step3profit

Please Hammond, don't hurt 'em.
step3profit
Starter
And1: 140

Post#18 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:53 pm by RandyBreuer

on draft night 09 I predicted Jennings to the Clips for Gordon in the prediction thread
had that happened who knows? maybe Gordon would be with the Bucks now on the same contract and with a better PG than Jennings
by Sigra on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:51 am
I remember few years ago how people had colective ejaculations on Knight. Gang-bang style.

by DrugBust on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am
Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities.
RandyBreuer
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#19 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 pm by DocHoliday

http://nba.si.com/2013/02/18/monta-elli ... kee-bucks/
SI Monta Ellis’ unique game makes him difficult to trade or build around
The Bucks are positioned (and due) for an overhaul, and figure to be involved in much of the chatter leading up to this week’s trade deadline as the recently extended John Hammond susses out the best course of action. The future of the head coaching position is still undecided, though Jim Boylan has done a respectable job in an interim position. Brandon Jennings will be a restricted free agent, but is reportedly seeking a far larger contract than he’s actually worth. Three rotation-level role players are on expiring deals, and the Bucks will need to account for a potential extension for Larry Sanders in a year’s time.

All of which makes it easy to forget that high-scoring guard Monta Ellis also has the potential to enter free agency if he so wishes — an outcome that Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe refers to as being “expected.” Ellis has an early termination option that would allow him to opt-out of the final season of his six-year agreement with the Bucks, though in doing so he would leave $11 million on the table.

The chance that Ellis might bolt from Milwaukee this summer should give the Bucks some pause in navigating a potential reboot. Teams in this position can’t afford to give up useful players without receiving something in return, and yet re-signing Ellis could prove to be a terrible mistake for a franchise that may be best served by moving on. That’s true for exactly the same reason that the Bucks may have trouble getting any value in a potential liquidation trade; as good a scorer as Ellis is, he’s a very particular talent that requires specific conditions to be successful.
DocHoliday

RealGM
And1: 253

Post#20 Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade fo
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 pm by emunney

NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 846

Next

Return to Milwaukee Bucks