ImageImage

ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach
And1: 314

Re: ESPN.com writer thinks we should trade for Eric Gordon 

Post#41 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:16 am

humanrefutation wrote:I think we should trade for LeBron and Durant, too.

I didn't know Eric Gordon was that good, we'll throw in Lamb as well.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#42 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:18 am

I would do this trade. Gordon is only 24 and at least has the potential to take another step forward as a player. Worst case scenario is he's injured all the time, we suck, and awesome draft picks are gifted to us as a result. Win/Win.
Referee Decision......I'll allow it!
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#43 » by raferfenix » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:38 am

I'd be really worried about Eric Gordon turning into Michael Redd 2.0 here.

It seems like he's more pissed about not being in a city he likes rather than winning or being a focal point or anything like that. Since he's from the midwest maybe he'd like it more here than New Orleans, but we're still a very far ways away from Phoenix.

All this said, our team doesn't have any great options, at least ones that Herb Kohl seems liable to sign off on.

If we think Eric Gordon could compliment Larry Sanders long term, I could think of worse ways we could go this trade deadilne.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,546

Post#44 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 am

Dallas, Golden State and Houston are the 3 teams interested and I couldn't think of 3 worse fits for Gordon. How are 3 teams that are already set at Gordons position the 3 main teams interested?

Oddly enough Houston probably makes the most sense of the 3 teams because if you bring in Eric Gordon then u run Harden at PG and have arguably the best back court in the league with Harden and Gordon. But they just signed Jeremy Lin to a terribly over paid contract IMO and no way is Lin enough to build a trade around for Gordon. The Pelicans would be brain dead to take a trade around Lin in exchange for EG considering Vasquez is a better option at PG already. And not to mention u don't trade for EG and bring someone like him off the bench because A. He's way to expensive to be a reserve and B. he's way to talented.

Golden State already has its own version of Gordon in Klay who are rather comparable players. Both are 1 dimensional players that don't do a whole lot more than streaky shooters and scorers. Also Klay is about 1/8 of the cost of Gordon and certainly won't command the type of money Gordon is already currently under contract for.

Dallas already has a the position locked up with Mayo and even has a more than serviceable reserve in Vince Carter.
If there isn't a deal Milwaukee likes for Jennings, the return for EG would essentially be even worse as I see Gordon as a superior player to Jennings.

I've been saying this for awhile now that Gordon would be an amazing addition to the Bucks team. Gordon and Larry would be a concrete foundation to build around. You have ur scorer and ur protector locked in and ready to roll. Realistically we could outbid any team mentioned in terms of trade bait. Not only could we offer a stop gap replacement in Monta that New Orleans could sell off to the fan base as an adequate replacement (to majority of casual fans) but the idea of a young prospect in Tobias and even an extra expiring contract we have should easily trump all other offers for Gordon.

New Orleans is a tempting destination and very lively city, it's definitely not the type of small market team that has no living appeal so they can always be players in free agency if the money is there. Like the article said, SF is the Pelicans weakest position so offering up a 20yr old prospect with starter potential on top of the 11 mil they'd save by not bringing back Monta and the additional 7 mil or so they'd save if we included Dalembert or Beno would be viewed as a home run from the NO FO one would have to believe.

The trade should be;
Monta, Tobias and another expiring, either Daly or Beno for Gordon and salary filler.

They have a building block with the unibrow in town now and they also have a perennial 6MOY type in Ryan Anderson so the extra 18mil or so we could save them in cap space plus Tobias is a great start to help get the franchise headed in the right direction.

New Orleans and Milwaukee are great trade partners on paper and this exact type of trade makes way too much sense on both sides.

Making this trade easily keeps us on pace to make the playoffs and certainly brightens up our future at the same time. It should be a no brainer for idiot John to sell idiot Kohl on this idea. Jennings, Gordon, Ersan, Larry, Junior and Moute is definitely more than enough to hold onto the 8th seed at the very least, maybe even make ground on teams slightly in front of us.

And on a side note, SG being such a weak position in the East as shown by D Wade being the only East all star SG, Gordon could have a legit shot at being a perennial all star here, realistically any east team. I think Gordon has a no trade clause but its an easy selling point in Milwaukee. He's never been on a playoff team so he could get his 1st taste of post season play immediately this season, we have an already solid front court to play behind him, he's already under a bulky contract so he's guaranteed to keep getting paid and he has a much better chance being an all star in our conference than his current situation or getting traded to the 3 west teams mentioned to be interested.

1. Being part of a playoff team.
2. Having a young franchise center to grow with.
3. Guaranteed money
4. Potential all star. Not only because he has all star potential talent but the lack of talent at his position in the conference makes for an even better case.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#45 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:20 am

weezybaby856 wrote:Dallas, Golden State and Houston are the 3 teams interested and I couldn't think of 3 worse fits for Gordon. How are 3 teams that are already set at Gordons position the 3 main teams interested?

Oddly enough Houston probably makes the most sense of the 3 teams because if you bring in Eric Gordon then u run Harden at PG and have arguably the best back court in the league with Harden and Gordon. But they just signed Jeremy Lin to a terribly over paid contract IMO and no way is Lin enough to build a trade around for Gordon. The Pelicans would be brain dead to take a trade around Lin in exchange for EG considering Vasquez is a better option at PG already. And not to mention u don't trade for EG and bring someone like him off the bench because A. He's way to expensive to be a reserve and B. he's way to talented.

Golden State already has its own version of Gordon in Klay who are rather comparable players. Both are 1 dimensional players that don't do a whole lot more than streaky shooters and scorers. Also Klay is about 1/8 of the cost of Gordon and certainly won't command the type of money Gordon is already currently under contract for.

Dallas already has a the position locked up with Mayo and even has a more than serviceable reserve in Vince Carter.
If there isn't a deal Milwaukee likes for Jennings, the return for EG would essentially be even worse as I see Gordon as a superior player to Jennings.

I've been saying this for awhile now that Gordon would be an amazing addition to the Bucks team. Gordon and Larry would be a concrete foundation to build around. You have ur scorer and ur protector locked in and ready to roll. Realistically we could outbid any team mentioned in terms of trade bait. Not only could we offer a stop gap replacement in Monta that New Orleans could sell off to the fan base as an adequate replacement (to majority of casual fans) but the idea of a young prospect in Tobias and even an extra expiring contract we have should easily trump all other offers for Gordon.

New Orleans is a tempting destination and very lively city, it's definitely not the type of small market team that has no living appeal so they can always be players in free agency if the money is there. Like the article said, SF is the Pelicans weakest position so offering up a 20yr old prospect with starter potential on top of the 11 mil they'd save by not bringing back Monta and the additional 7 mil or so they'd save if we included Dalembert or Beno would be viewed as a home run from the NO FO one would have to believe.

The trade should be;
Monta, Tobias and another expiring, either Daly or Beno for Gordon and salary filler.

They have a building block with the unibrow in town now and they also have a perennial 6MOY type in Ryan Anderson so the extra 18mil or so we could save them in cap space plus Tobias is a great start to help get the franchise headed in the right direction.

New Orleans and Milwaukee are great trade partners on paper and this exact type of trade makes way too much sense on both sides.

Making this trade easily keeps us on pace to make the playoffs and certainly brightens up our future at the same time. It should be a no brainer for idiot John to sell idiot Kohl on this idea. Jennings, Gordon, Ersan, Larry, Junior and Moute is definitely more than enough to hold onto the 8th seed at the very least, maybe even make ground on teams slightly in front of us.

And on a side note, SG being such a weak position in the East as shown by D Wade being the only East all star SG, Gordon could have a legit shot at being a perennial all star here, realistically any east team. I think Gordon has a no trade clause but its an easy selling point in Milwaukee. He's never been on a playoff team so he could get his 1st taste of post season play immediately this season, we have an already solid front court to play behind him, he's already under a bulky contract so he's guaranteed to keep getting paid and he has a much better chance being an all star in our conference than his current situation or getting traded to the 3 west teams mentioned to be interested.

3. Guaranteed money
4. Potential all star. Not only because he has all star potential talent but the lack of talent at his position in the conference makes for an even better case.

Fantastic post. Makes sense to me. Hopefully it makes sense to New Orleans.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#46 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 am

Thanks for the novella, Weezy. Now back to more serious matters:

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:Dallas, Golden State and Houston are the 3 teams interested and I couldn't think of 3 worse fits for Gordon. How are 3 teams that are already set at Gordons position the 3 main teams interested?

The trade should be;

3. Guaranteed money

Fantastic post. Makes sense to me. Hopefully it makes sense to New Orleans.

Beat me to it Jimmy, nicely said Weezy
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks. Im glad some ppl on here agree with me about Eric Gordon. Its been 1 of my main pipe dreams to get him to Milwaukee since his freshman year at Indiana. I feel very strongly that we have a golden opportunity now to get him here with the trade assets we currently hold on the roster.

lol and sorry to break up the "Gordon" picture fest.

What about a picture of Uncle Fester?? Didnt the crazy lady that thought she was his mom call him Gordon in the 1st Addams Family before he realized he was really Uncle Fester?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#49 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 am

Yea great post Weezy.

We would be pretty good trading partners with New Orleans, we just have to hope Hammond and eventually Kohl see it this way. This could be a great opportunity to get something worth while back.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Post#50 » by emunney » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 am

I hoped my turn would come up again.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#51 » by drew881 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 am

Not sure Monta, Harris, and expirings get it done. Jennings, Harris, and expirings might. I'm not sure what NO thinks about Vasquez, and I know he has some good stats, but I haven't seen him play this year. I think Jennings would be more marketable though.
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 am

Was looking for a picture of Warden Gorden Borden from the original Newhart Show or Gordon Downie from Tragically Hip but think most of you don't know the Hip anyway.
Frank Nova
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Frank Nova » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am

blazza18 wrote:Yea great post Weezy.

We would be pretty good trading partners with New Orleans, we just have to hope Hammond and eventually Kohl see it this way. This could be a great opportunity to get something worth while back.

Couldn't agree more Blazza that this would be a great opportunity for this franchise. Gordon could be a true difference maker and he helps a heck of a lot right now and for the future as well.
DWagner85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#54 » by DWagner85 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 am

weezybaby856 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Yea great post Weezy.

Couldn't agree more Blazza that this would be a great opportunity for this franchise. Gordon could be a true difference maker and he helps a heck of a lot right now and for the future as well.

Besides the fact he has had 4 different injuries, has a bad attitude, and honestly, I do not see a good work ethic in him.

Other then those debilitating flaws, I am all for a Eric Gordon trade.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#55 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 am

SupremeHustle, then emmuney, that means I'm up again right? Beat this cocksuckers-

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#56 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 am

jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#57 » by jeremyd236 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 am

If you could get Gordon and Smith while still keeping Ersan and Sanders, would you? I think it's possible.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Post#58 » by emunney » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 am

George Romney painted that, and yes, he is related.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#59 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 am

VooDoo7 wrote:http://www.hornets247.com/2013/02/18/eric-gordon-trade-watch-negotiating-a-deal-with-milwaukee/

Like Jeremy, I laugh all the way to kohls office for a mutual masturbation session after the first one, the second one I am completely disgusted by...
CanadaBucks
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by CanadaBucks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 am

VooDoo7 wrote:http://www.hornets247.com/2013/02/18/eric-gordon-trade-watch-negotiating-a-deal-with-milwaukee/

That's interesting.....I take the first one for sure and probably the second as long as I get the choice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks