ImageImage

CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick. 

Post#421 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I would feel a helluva lot better moving Moute and a 1st for Wes Matthews.

Hearing that JJ Redick is as delusional as Monta pretty much soured me on him as well as what we have to give up.

I'd be fine turning our attention to Ben Gordon to be honest if Monta goes out for Josh.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,945

Post#422 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm

DeRozan and Green both got $40 million and neither is as good as Redick. Delusional?
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#423 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

DrugBust wrote:DeRozan and Green both got $40 million and neither is as good as Redick. Delusional?

I'm thinking that he doesn't really want to leave Orlando unless someone pays him stoopid money. I just hope it isn't us.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#424 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I would feel a helluva lot better moving Moute and a 1st for Wes Matthews.

Hearing that JJ Redick is as delusional as Monta pretty much soured me on him as well as what we have to give up.

I'd be fine turning our attention to Ben Gordon to be honest if Monta goes out for Josh.

Why Ben Gordon? We could get Henderson for a 1st.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,945

Post#425 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:42 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
DrugBust wrote:DeRozan and Green both got $40 million and neither is as good as Redick. Delusional?

I'm thinking that he doesn't really want to leave Orlando unless someone pays him stoopid money. I just hope it isn't us.

Probably.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#426 » by M-C-G » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm

At least with Ben Gordon for expirings, the first round pick is coming back to us.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#427 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Ben Gordon is a pretty good option. Ellis could very well opt in, so I think we should start to accept the idea that the Bucks won't have much cap space until 2014. Gordon fits that, and he fits the team's needs. Most importantly, the Bobcats would probably pay a small premium to dump his contract.

Gordon/Haywood/protected pick of some sort for Udrih/Dalembert.

I'm not saying that's a good deal, but as long as the Bucks are hell-bent on making a win-now trade this is about as good as we can realistically hope for. A lot easier to digest than giving up picks or young players, that's for sure.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
yoshii8
Sixth Man
And1: 276

Post#428 » by yoshii8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

With names like Klay Thompson, Jeremy Lamb and Eric Gordon popping up I have my fingers crossed that we end up w/ one of them instead of Redick or Monta. Please John Hammond, do something right.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#429 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Getting Haywood and Gordon would be about as bad a win now move as could be possible.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#430 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm

emunney wrote:Getting Haywood and Gordon would be about as bad a win now move as could be possible.

In terms of being a win-now move that doesn't require the Bucks to give up young players or draft picks, I think it's about as much as you can hope for. It is clear that the Bucks need an efficient shooter in the backcourt and this fits the description. Does it make the team much better? No. But we can hope that Kohl thinks it does and therefore chooses a trade like this instead of giving up young players or draft picks for a guy like Reddick or Smith.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#431 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

yoshii8 wrote:With names like Klay Thompson, Jeremy Lamb and Eric Gordon popping up I have my fingers crossed that we end up w/ one of them instead of Redick or Monta. Please John Hammond, do something right.

I don't know about that. Thompson and Gordon could be traded for each other; that doesn't mean the Bucks could get in on it. Just to exaggerate and illustrate the point, if the Heat and Thunder were talking about trading Lebron for Durant, would we expect Hammond to get in on that action?
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#432 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

yoshii8 wrote:With names like Klay Thompson, Jeremy Lamb and Eric Gordon popping up I have my fingers crossed that we end up w/ one of them instead of Redick or Monta. Please John Hammond, do something right.

I'm staring to think the FO listens to people on here after all! All you people that would be ok with overpaying for Gordon and have him get injure for us too. Anyone from Orlando, anyone, we should not be trying to acquire. Klay is unlikely, but in the right direction! Jeremy lamb, bingo goes the bucks! Go for proven boarderline talent to stay along the bucks way of win now and get players like this guy too! Hammond has a job to do and thats keep his boss happy... But hopefully he has got kohl seein the bigger picture by now too! He has mad questionable trades, to some of us.. He is just trying to get himself out of a hole while also trying to please a boss who is happy to be around the 8th seed.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#433 » by emunney » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:29 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
emunney wrote:Getting Haywood and Gordon would be about as bad a win now move as could be possible.

In terms of being a win-now move that doesn't require the Bucks to give up young players or draft picks, I think it's about as much as you can hope for. It is clear that the Bucks need an efficient shooter in the backcourt and this fits the description. Does it make the team much better? No. But we can hope that Kohl thinks it does and therefore chooses a trade like this instead of giving up young players or draft picks for a guy like Reddick or Smith.

Does it make the team better? It makes the team much worse. Both of those guys are bad at this point. "Need an efficient shooter" is just as troubling as "Need a big body" (Drew Gooden) and "Need more FTAs" (Corey Maggette). What we need are good players. These guys are bad players.

Haywood can't be traded until July 1 anyway, so thank god for that.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,998

Post#434 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Bogut was angling for Moute to be in Golden State after he got dealt there. If Klay is on the table, Moute plus our first for Klay could get things started.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#435 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Bogut was angling for Moute to be in Golden State after he got dealt there. If Klay is on the table, Moute plus our first for Klay could get things started.

I don't see Klay being moved in my opinion. GS love him and he seems to be one of those names that gets brought up and thrown around by a dud source. Deadline will come and go with Klay staying still.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#436 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

JJ wants 4 years 40 million? Oh my god...

no wonder Jennings wants the max
FREE GIANNIS
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#437 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Bogut was angling for Moute to be in Golden State after he got dealt there. If Klay is on the table, Moute plus our first for Klay could get things started.

This would be kind of funny from a board reaction. Would they be happy that we traded for a young big solid SG? OR would they be livid at Hammond b/c he could've picked Klay 2 years ago and now we had to give up a pick to get him here? I'm guessing the latter here. :)

I'd be for that move though.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#438 » by Wooderson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

N8Frog wrote:

This would be kind of funny from a board reaction. Would they be happy that we traded for a young big solid SG? OR would they be livid at Hammond b/c he could've picked Klay 2 years ago and now we had to give up a pick to get him here? I'm guessing the latter here. :)

But we got 2 months of Stephen Jackson instead of Klay! Totally worth it.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#439 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't think there is any way for Redick to succeed in Milwaukee if we give up 1st and have to pay him $10 mil. He'll be the most hated Buck by this board. The new whipping boy. 1st impressions are really important.
FREE GIANNIS
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#440 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 pm

This is why "expirings" are so overrated. You aren't JUST paying for a rental (with a solid draft pick), you are essentially committing to paying free agency money in the future. I would love to have Redick shooting corner 3s for the Bucks but not for 10 damn million dollars a year. ON TOP OF OUR FIRST.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks