ImageImage

CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Re: CBS: Deal on the table: LRMAM, 1st for Redick. 

Post#401 » by Frank Nova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am

I'd say outraged is a bit of an overstatement considering all I said was that I think it's a complete joke he even thinks that he is a 10mil per type player. Despite negotiating tactics or not, (yes I'm well aware of how that works), it's ridiculous to even think he has legs to stand on asking for that kind of money.

How great is that of a negotiating tactic anyway? So what he tells his agent to get him 10mil a year so that any level headed GM can get a good laugh and then he can get low balled and they can meet somewhere in the middle? This isn't pawn stars bro, it's the NBA. He's asking for 10mil now because he's highly coveted this trade deadline and he believes there is a large market for him.

By asking for 10mil per he's basically setting himself up for failure so why not save urself the embarassment by not completely over valuing urself and set ur bar at something reasonable and hope teams get into a bidding war and drive the price up. I'd say that's a more rational negotiating tactic.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#402 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Houston's showing a willingness to move rookie Terrence Jones for a 1st-round pick, sources tell Y! Rockets are deep at forward spot.
@WojYahooNBA
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... ZFT3idx.99

Trade Moute for TJones
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#403 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Remember last yer when we all thought we were getting Curry and suddenly Monta appeared in the actual trade? Somewhat because Kohl watched the last GSW game and Curry couldn't go and Monta played great?

Maybe we get a present and end up with Afflalo for this package based on JJ not shooting well lat night. Would much rather have that for giving up these type of assets. JJ is a really nice fundamentally sound player. But would rather get Afflalo locked in for three years at $7.5 than the unknown of Redick's contract.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#404 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Well on this occasion I'll have to agree with the standard tactics used by the 7 year NBA pro and one of the most successful player agent's in history and disagree with you, 'weezybaby'.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#405 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 pm

I would rather trade for Henderson than Afflalo. Or sign Bayless or Gary Neal as FA for less than 7mil and keep our pick.

Spoiler:

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#406 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Yep agree with you PP. Would much rather Afflalo and his secure deal than Redick.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#407 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Remember last yer when we all thought we were getting Curry and suddenly Monta appeared in the actual trade? Somewhat because Kohl watched the last GSW game and Curry couldn't go and Monta played great?

Maybe we get a present and end up with Afflalo for this package based on JJ not shooting well lat night. Would much rather have that for giving up these type of assets. JJ is a really nice fundamentally sound player. But would rather get Afflalo locked in for three years at $7.5 than the unknown of Redick's contract.

I've been on the Afflalo train with you since he landed in Orlando, so I would love it if this came to fruition. We deserve it after that Curry to Monta mess last deadline.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#408 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... itter_feed

The Magic would love to have Ellis, but the Bucks know his value and want to include him in a bigger trade if they can. Enter the Josh Smith drama. The Hawks love Monta Ellis and the Bucks really would like to have Josh Smith but a straight up trade is highly unlikely. However, the Bucks do have assets to trade, but moving their first-round pick to Orlando is going to complicate things. However, the Bucks can help in a three-way trade that lands Ellis in Atlanta and another valuable asset in Milwaukee, solving the problem of moving Ellis and sort of doubling the return for him since whatever they gave up to get Redick is in a way canceled out by what they'd acquire for Ellis.

JUST TRADE ELLIS TO ORLANDO! Damn the FO is stupid. If we are going to waste a pick it should be for Bledsoe.

Spoiler:

Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#409 » by Village Idiot » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Portland fan here-

If you are willing to give up LRMAM and your 1st for Reddick, what would you be willing to give up for Wesley Matthews? He's just as good a shooter as JJ Reddick but a better defender and under a reasonable contract. Wisconsin native as well.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#410 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 pm

another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-trad ... 0cjiQMf.99

Spoiler:

worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#411 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick.

Ouch, not sexy Presti. I'm not a Gortat fan, so I think we could top that if they're mainly looking to dump Perkins' salary while picking up an adequate big replacement (Daly).
Go Bucks!
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#412 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Village Idiot wrote:Portland fan here-

If you are willing to give up LRMAM and your 1st for Reddick, what would you be willing to give up for Wesley Matthews? He's just as good a shooter as JJ Reddick but a better defender and under a reasonable contract. Wisconsin native as well.

I would do the same offer
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#413 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Moute and a 1st is ridiculously overpaying for Redick, I'd do Moute for Matthews straight up.

Spoiler:

Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#414 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:

Ouch, not sexy Presti. I'm not a Gortat fan, so I think we could top that if they're mainly looking to dump Perkins' salary while picking up an adequate big replacement (Daly).

Exactly, these are the deals we should chase, not Redick for 10mil and Smith for max.

Spoiler:

Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#415 » by Swan Vox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Not sure where to put this, but:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
For all the leverage Brandon Jennings sought changing agents, reality is unchanged: No one will max him out, Bucks will match sheet in July.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#416 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm

If Brandon wants out really bad, he may have to consider the Qualifying Offer.

As for the Magic deal, I'd maybe just throw this at them and see what happens.

Orlando Gets: Ellis, Udoh, Milwaukee 2013 1st Rd Pick (top 10 protected)
Milwaukee Gets: Afflalo, McRoberts, Orlando 2014 1st Rd Pick (top 3 protected)

Swap picks for the projected stronger draft. Get rid of Ellis and get a SG that is locked up for a few years. Not a sexy player but better fit than Ellis. Orlando gets an immediate pick this year, a young cheap big (Udoh), and probably the best player in the deal (Ellis). McRoberts is just an expiring that made the deal work.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#417 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

A majority of us do not like the idea of adding a 1st in a deal for Reddick. Same principle would apply to Wes as he isn't moving the needle for us and you don't give up 1sts for guys like that in the position that our team is, but I would value Matthews similar to Reddick.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#418 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 pm

DocHoliday wrote:

Moute and a 1st is ridiculously overpaying for Redick, I'd do Moute for Matthews straight up.

I'd do Moute straight up for both. I think I would miss Moute more when he is gone than I think, but he's a one way player that is a better 4 than 3. I would not include a 1st for either. Redick is going to walk after the season and Matthews is a solid but not All-Star type guy.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#419 » by gbmb34 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 pm

If the Blazers could sweet the pot on top of Wes for Moute and a 1st, I'd do it. Problem is Portland has nothing outside of their starters and Meyers Leonard.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant

Post#420 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm a big Wes fan and value him much higher than JJ, but same thing goes, wouldn't want to dish a 1st for him. Portland need depth and we have a lot of it. Could deal Udoh, Daniels or maybe even Lamb along with Moute?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks