ImageImage

PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Re: PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body 

Post#61 » by TheWig » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:29 am

If Ellis is still a Buck at 2pm on thursday................................................ :banghead: :vent:
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#62 » by ReddWing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

Wtf is with people wanting this team to lose? They played hard and respectable.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#63 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

jr lucosa wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I get it, I really do. I just can't experience happiness in losing like that.

Same.

Yeah me three.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,962

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

I feel like the newbs around here this season haven't gotten the full RealGM Bucks Board Experience without the tanking. You guys really have no clue what made this board the monster it is today.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#65 » by Wooderson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

ReddWing wrote:Wtf is with people wanting this team to lose? They played hard and respectable.

After 20+ years of something you start embracing it.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#66 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

jr lucosa wrote:Makes no sense. We were 4 1/2 up on Philli coming into tonight. It's not like we're going to move in the standings at all before the deadline. We are also obviously not tanking, so we'll either find a team that is trading us win now value for Monta that we like or not, how we do in these next couple of games isn't going to change that.

If you're not rooting for a BJ or Ellis trade before the deadline then yes, I understand why some can't comprehend wanting us to lose these games before the deadline. But as I keep mentioning, we have hints dropped by very reliable sourcing that the outcomes of these games before the deadline will likely play into the probability we make a bigger trade (ie break up the swag twins). So if u understand why someone would want Monta or BJ traded, then it should make a lot of sense to u why some would want us to lose tonight and tomorrow...
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#67 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:33 am

ReddWing wrote:Wtf is with people wanting this team to lose? They played hard and respectable.

agreed. im still rooting for us to do good and hopefully make a trade to benefit us
God is good.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#68 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:33 am

I've said this before, but Larry kind of sounds like Dennis Rodman.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#69 » by raysbookclub » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 am

Bfinkish wrote:Jim Boylan on Ellis after the game -

Jim Boyland: Monta is a great player, I have total confidence in him, I will continue to have total confidence in him.

keep building him up Jim, we need to trade him in 24 hours...

I like how Boylan was upstanding here, even though Ellis didn't follow his instructions on that one play out of a timeout and bad decisions on others.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#70 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 am

They can play themselves hard and respectable to the 8-9 seed every year for the next decade and I'm sure we'd all be proud. ******** PARTICIPATION RIBBONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#71 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 am

I've been numb to the ups and downs of the regular season for a few years now. I've pretty much just been following the team from a distance waiting for some sliver of hope to draw me back in. Until then I'll continue casually follow the team here and there, except around the deadline, lottery, and draft when I get extremely interested again.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#72 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:But as I keep mentioning, we have hints dropped by very reliable sourcing that the outcomes of these games before the deadline will likely play into the probability we make a bigger trade (ie break up the swag twins). So if u understand why someone would want Monta or BJ traded, then it should make a lot of sense to u why some would want us to lose tonight and tomorrow...

Huh? What very reliable sources said that us losing these couple of Brooklyn games could lead to us blowing things up?
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

gosh i just love larry. just such a good, positive guy. good player. at least we have one guy that we can be positive about long term
God is good.
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#74 » by Bad Midget » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

DrugBust wrote:I feel like the newbs around here this season haven't gotten the full RealGM Bucks Board Experience without the tanking. You guys really have no clue what made this board the monster it is today.

What does tanking have to do with rooting for the team to win a game in OT on the road? I like the feeling of watching my favorite team win games, tanking or no tanking.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#75 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

Boylan seems like a VERY likable guy. He really does. But he isn't the answer here IMO.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#76 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

Bfinkish wrote:gosh i just love larry. just such a good, positive guy. good player. at least we have one guy that we can be positive about long term

No doubt.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#77 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:To actively be happy when we lose a close game at the end? Not even close. If our GM is basing his trade decisions on a game by game basis that's a different problem.

Well from what we know the FO is probably doing exactly that. Where u refuse to make the connection I don't. Youre welcome to ur opinion but don't pretend u don't understand my point of view. We both love the bucks a ton, that's all that really matters... :cuddle
Bad Midget
Junior
And1: 12

Post#78 » by Bad Midget » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

jr lucosa wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:But as I keep mentioning, we have hints dropped by very reliable sourcing that the outcomes of these games before the deadline will likely play into the probability we make a bigger trade (ie break up the swag twins). So if u understand why someone would want Monta or BJ traded, then it should make a lot of sense to u why some would want us to lose tonight and tomorrow...

Huh? What very reliable sources said that us losing these couple of Brooklyn games could lead to us blowing things up?

A poster on an internet message board said so. Must be infallible.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am

books wrote:
Bfinkish wrote:Jim Boylan on Ellis after the game -

Jim Boyland: Monta is a great player, I have total confidence in him, I will continue to have total confidence in him.

keep building him up Jim, we need to trade him in 24 hours...

I like how Boylan was upstanding here, even though Ellis didn't follow his instructions on that one play out of a timeout and bad decisions on others.

ya good point. i really don't mind boyland at all. it really just comes down to ellis sucking a@@ and bj being inconsistent.
God is good.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#80 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 am

jr lucosa wrote:

Dude, if u haven't been playing close enough attention to what's all being posted on this board it's not my job to find all the necessary posts to catch u up. It's one of my least favorite cliches, but I think in this situation agreeing to disagree may be the best course of action here.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks