ImageImage

PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Re: PG Ben Brust takes over Joe Johnson's body 

Post#101 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

emunney wrote:Per John Schuhmann on twitter, Joe Johnson is 9-10 this season with under a minute to go in the 4th or OT with the score differential 3 pts or less.

He has always been clutch as hell. Imagine Lebron with JJ's liking for big shots. Wowee
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#102 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

Bad Midget wrote:
jr lucosa wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:But as I keep mentioning, we have hints dropped by very reliable sourcing that the outcomes of these games before the deadline will likely play into the probability we make a bigger trade (ie break up the swag twins). So if u understand why someone would want Monta or BJ traded, then it should make a lot of sense to u why some would want us to lose tonight and tomorrow...

Huh? What very reliable sources said that us losing these couple of Brooklyn games could lead to us blowing things up?

A poster on an internet message board said so. Must be infallible.

Lol. You two believe whatever u want. I was forced to defend why I was hoping for a loss tonight and I gave my explaination and you guys think my explaination is stupid. I think that u ridiculing me for believing certain proven sources of good bucks info are reliable is just as stupid. Hopeless posters gonna hopeless imho...
Bfinkish
Sixth Man
And1: 126

Post#103 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

emunney wrote:Per John Schuhmann on twitter, Joe Johnson is 9-10 this season with under a minute to go in the 4th or OT with the score differential 3 pts or less.

suck on that robert horry
God is good.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#104 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 am

Now that's clutch.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#105 » by BUCKnation » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 am

Im hoping the friction between Monta and Boylan leads to something.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#106 » by paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 am

JBucks wrote:Refs were fine tonight. If anything I thought the reffing dispelled the notion that the Nets get all the calls. That offensive foul call on Williams at the end was a no-call waiting to happen and they saw threw Deron's phantom acting on defense.

We got two calls on that one play that should have won us the game, Ersan kicked the inbounds and they didn't call that and then called Monta's dive.

We got the refs tonight.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#107 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:03 am

paulpressey25 wrote:It was great to have that 6 day break where we could pretend our guys didn't suck so much.

I'm not sure anyone who reads this forum buys we were really doing that PP.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#108 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 am

DrugBust wrote:I don't believe anything at the deadline. I like discussing all the rumors and all the nuggets, but nothing ever happens the way it's leaked.

Ok it's just my opinion, but that one particular source I think has proven to be more plugged in than any of the other usual suspects. Like I said, I'm surprised u don't agree with that but I'm not saying that you're wrong. Maybe you've been paying closer attention over the years than I have (very possible), who's to say....
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#109 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:05 am

Garbs_7 wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
DrugBust wrote:LOL @ reliable sources at the trade deadline.

I'm actually surprised that u wouldn't agree that the person who hinted at what I'm referring to isn't 'very reliable' relative to just about anyone else... You understand the context of what I'm saying and who I'm referring to right?

Yes it was the BuckPack rumour saying the Bucks would closely moniter how we did in the few games leading up to the deadline in regards to making moves. A piece of info like that could get skewed around so much by the time it goes through the FO and all the way through to BuckPack's guy then to BuckPack then us. You can't take every little word for gospel and clearly the Front Office has been very busy in talks and already has some deals on the table, these Brooklyn games just aren't going to make us take everything off the table and sit still.

Especially if the rumoured deal is Moute / 1st for Redick, why on earth would you want to lose 2 games and then make a deal like that. Our Front Office is dumb but not dumb enough to sit idle and not try improve the team (even their definition) basis two games against the Nets.

exactly. that would really hurt then...
God is good.
ampd
RealGM

Post#110 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote: I think that u ridiculing me for believing certain proven sources of good bucks info are reliable is just as stupid.

Don't think anyone was questioning buckpack's credibility.

I don't even really care that you wanted us to lose, I just can't manage to hope for my team to lose the game unless they are tanking or there is something tangible to hope for. I find it dubious that whether we make a move was predicated on beating BKN, and I find it very hard to believe that a literally buzzer beating loss after a good game from BJ is going to be the catalyst for a franchise changing trade.

Honestly if we are basing our long term strategy on the results of the 2 games before the deadline, we are doomed anyway.
yuedar
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#111 » by yuedar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 am

JimmyTheKid wrote:5 things I hated about tonight's game:
3) Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova's defense at the of regulation. (are you fu**ing kidding me giving up a wide open three up three?)
4) Refs were bad (one-sided)

Ersan guarding the paint was pretty stupid however Mbah got screened pretty good on that play that sent them to OT. the play that JJ won it for them he was on him about as much as you could of hoped he would have.

If Refs were one sided Ellis would of been elbowed then Deron would of got a layup.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#112 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 am

Beno played really limited minutes again tonight. He may be a guy that get's traded that hasn't really been brought up in the latest rumors.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User

Post#113 » by whatthe_buck!? » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 am

Bfinkish wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:I'm actually surprised that u wouldn't agree that the person who hinted at what I'm referring to isn't 'very reliable' relative to just about anyone else... You understand the context of what I'm saying and who I'm referring to right?

Yes it was the BuckPack rumour saying the Bucks would closely moniter how we did in the few games leading up to the deadline in regards to making moves. A piece of info like that could get skewed around so much by the time it goes through the FO and all the way through to BuckPack's guy then to BuckPack then us. You can't take every little word for gospel and clearly the Front Office has been very busy in talks and already has some deals on the table, these Brooklyn games just aren't going to make us take everything off the table and sit still.

Especially if the rumoured deal is Moute / 1st for Redick, why on earth would you want to lose 2 games and then make a deal like that. Our Front Office is dumb but not dumb enough to sit idle and not try improve the team (even their definition) basis two games against the Nets.

Read into what was said however u like. What was said tho was that a minor deal (for someone like Redick) is more likely if we go into the deadline with wins. A bigger trade (like breaking up the swag twins) is more likely if we string losses together before the deadline. Yes some of that is me reading into what was said, but if I'm correct in my interpretAtion then u guys rooting for wins may actually be making that Redick trade u guys all hate relatively MORE likely to happen. Good luck with that.
ampd
RealGM

Post#114 » by ampd » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:Read into what was said however u like. What was said tho was that a minor deal (for someone like Redick) is more likely if we go into the deadline with wins. A bigger trade (like breaking up the swag twins) is more likely if we string losses together before the deadline. Yes some of that is me reading into what was said, but if I'm correct in my interpretAtion then u guys rooting for wins may actually be making that Redick trade u guys all hate relatively MORE likely to happen. Good luck with that.

Well we lost. So now I guess I just hope you were right, and that we find out Monta is a healthy scratch for tomorrow night's game because he has been traded.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:12 am

BUCKnation wrote:Im hoping the friction between Monta and Boylan leads to something.

maybe the bench will become a little warmer...
God is good.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#116 » by jr lucosa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:Read into what was said however u like. What was said tho was that a minor deal (for someone like Redick) is more likely if we go into the deadline with wins. A bigger trade (like breaking up the swag twins) is more likely if we string losses together before the deadline. Yes some of that is me reading into what was said, but if I'm correct in my interpretAtion then u guys rooting for wins may actually be making that Redick trade u guys all hate relatively MORE likely to happen. Good luck with that.

That's funny because sir BuckPack also said that Redick would be a target IF one of the starting guards are moved, which would make your statement above a contradiction.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#117 » by Sherman Douglas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 am

Monta Ellis makes me appreciate Brandon Jennings.
milweskee
Starter
And1: 331

Post#118 » by milweskee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:Monta Ellis makes me appreciate Brandon Jennings.
Bfinkish
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by Bfinkish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:Monta Ellis makes me appreciate Brandon Jennings.

omg i was just gonna post this. that's funny
God is good.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#120 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 am

Bfinkish wrote:
Garbs_7 wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:

Read into what was said however u like. What was said tho was that a minor deal (for someone like Redick) is more likely if we go into the deadline with wins. A bigger trade (like breaking up the swag twins) is more likely if we string losses together before the deadline. Yes some of that is me reading into what was said, but if I'm correct in my interpretAtion then u guys rooting for wins may actually be making that Redick trade u guys all hate relatively MORE likely to happen. Good luck with that.

In my opinion, that is the longest bow in the history of bows to draw to get that conclusion. I would be willing to bet my life savings that a few losses to the Nets does not magically make Hammond and Kohl see the light and trade Jennings / Ellis, especially towards a blow up / rebuild.

Besides according to that article about Redick - Moute 1st, we are interested in him AFTER we have dealt Ellis reportedly for Smith. A loss or win to the Nets doesn't affect Reddick coming here to join Ellis and Jennings. Our deals are out there and some apprently already waiting for us to accept, these games don't change the FO's mindset and make them see the light that this backcourt doesn't work.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks