yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

ATL: Trade deadline eve....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#1 ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 pm by Max Green

Something is up with the Warriors, just loss their 6 straight, and 5 of those losses came by double-digits. I'm sure that goose egg Andrew put up tonight didn't help, maybe there is something to him messing up their chemistry.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
Max Green

RealGM
And1: 923

Post#2 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 pm by paulpressey25

Those Golden State guys assumed they would just plug him in and it wouldn't impact their chemistry from the first half of the season.

The box score would appear to be a classic pube game.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 1,853

Post#3 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 pm by Cold Crush 24

Can we get some damn trades already?! And can we get more StatAintLie posts already? WTF?!
Finals in 2017
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#4 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 pm by blazza18

Only saw bits and pieces of it but it sure did look like a pube game.

Their perimeter D has been god awful and they've been relying on Bogut to much to clean their mess up. And I've yet to see him try are right handed hook shot.

Panic mode ?
NeedsMoreCheese wrote:shutup bird
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 3,388

Post#5 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 pm by CJTURT

Jordan Crawford tossed his jeresey into the stands tonight after the loss. Hes as good as traded.
CJTURT
Pro Prospect
And1: 88

Post#6 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 pm by Max Green

Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

Also the Bobcats are asking for a 1st round pick for Henderson.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
Max Green

RealGM
And1: 923

Post#7 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 pm by CJTURT

Max Green wrote:Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

I think hes worth a 1st before Redick would be. And would sign for a lot cheaper.
CJTURT
Pro Prospect

Post#8 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 pm by ampd

paulpressey25 wrote:Those Golden State guys assumed they would just plug him in and it wouldn't impact their chemistry from the first half of the season.

The box score would appear to be a classic pube game.

You know how some guys around here like Luke, etc have made a lot of our negative scoring differential and the difference between our wins and our pythagorean expectation? The same has been true of the warriors all season also. The same projection says you would expect them to be 26-27 not 30-23.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#9 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm by blazza18

Max Green wrote:Woj reports: Bledsoe & Jordan to the Celtics for KG is dead. I don't think the Clippers will trade Bledsoe.

Of course it is. And its probably more KG not waiving is clause and Boston not making any moves.

And is everybody asking for 1st this year ? I thought this draft was average.
NeedsMoreCheese wrote:shutup bird
blazza18

RealGM
And1: 3,388

Post#10 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:43 pm by paul

Yeah crap night for Bogut that's for sure, got scored on I think 4 times by Big Al, really only touched the ball on about 3 possessions, missed two shots and two tips, got yanked and didn't get back in. Wasn't icing or anything on the bench, don't know if he was unwell but Biedrins and Ezeli certainly weren't giving them anything more. Bogut looks rusty for sure, but he's just not touching the ball, like at all. The only times he is touching it is in stop ball post ups which really isn't his game at all.

The Warriors problem is their perimeter D has completely broken down and they quite simply don't know how to fix it. I'd love to see the percentages teams have shot from the perimeter against them the last 6 games, they'd have to be legit all-world numbers.

Add to that neither Curry or Thompson have any idea how to play with a decent big on either end and they're a bit of a mess. Seems like they're panicking a bit and Jackson really isn't doing any coaching, it's almost like they just expected it to right itself and it hasn't. HUGE couple of weeks coming up for them.
paul
RealGM
And1: 635

Post#11 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 pm by ReasonablySober

Max Green wrote:Something is up with the Warriors, just loss their 6 straight, and 5 of those losses came by double-digits. I'm sure that goose egg Andrew put up tonight didn't help, maybe there is something to him messing up their chemistry.

Or it could be they're playing good teams, Bogut's still sitting out games and he's coming off a serious injury.

His play has been better than anyone could expect. He'll be fine.
ReasonablySober

RealGM
And1: 1,905

Post#12 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm by DWagner85

CJTURT wrote:

I think hes worth a 1st before Redick would be. And would sign for a lot cheaper.

I agree with this 100%, I would happily trade say, Epke Udoh and our first for Henderson. He actually has something other then a jump shot.
DWagner85
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#13 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 pm by CJTURT

DWagner85 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:

I agree with this 100%, I would happily trade say, Epke Udoh and our first for Henderson. He actually has something other then a jump shot.

I f I were Hammond Id be looking into this before JJ. We might even back their early 2nd rounder.
CJTURT
Pro Prospect

Post#14 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:05 am by eagle13

DWagner85 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:

I like Henderson but NO way our 1st goes OR Udoh. Moute straight up OR Dunleavy & 2nd.
eagle13
Lead Assistant
And1: 73

Post#15 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am by paul

Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?
paul
RealGM

Post#16 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 am by ReasonablySober

paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?

If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.
ReasonablySober

RealGM
And1: 1,905

Post#17 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 am by Turd Ferguson

Gotta wonder what Minnesota is looking to get in return for their first, which they're apparently actively shopping. The wiretap report said they're looking for an established player...would some combo or Moute or Dunleavy and maybe our 2nd for their first+Roy work out? Do they look to take Monta in some deal where we receive their first? IT seems like the two of us and some third party would be real logical trade partners. Williams Roy and their first all seem like they can be had for the right price..I'd do everything we can to see what they'd want from us for their first.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Pro Prospect

Post#18 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 am by Turd Ferguson

Since they went after Mozgov, can we entice them with Dally? Just checking the box score for this game and it didn't seem like he really did anything significant to up his value with Larry back in the rotation. Just can't catch a break.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Pro Prospect

Post#19 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am by paul

DrugBust wrote:
paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.

Yeah solid call, based more on his college production than this season though?

I'll be honest, I thought he had some holes in his game that would get exposed a little in the pros and I think that's been the case somewhat, so I'm not really disappointed in his rookie season. There were some folks who were mega high on him and going with the 'bona fide instant superstar' kind of talk though, I'd be really interested on whether they feel the same two thirds of the way through his rookie season.
paul
RealGM

Post#20 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 am by MikeIsGood

I was / am a huge AD fan. This is about what I expected of him as a rookie, in general.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
MikeIsGood

RealGM
And1: 98

Next

Return to Milwaukee Bucks