yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

ATL: Trade deadline eve....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#16 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:16 am by ReasonablySober

paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?


If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.
ReasonablySober




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 55,207
And1: 1,920
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#17 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 am by Turd Ferguson

Gotta wonder what Minnesota is looking to get in return for their first, which they're apparently actively shopping. The wiretap report said they're looking for an established player...would some combo or Moute or Dunleavy and maybe our 2nd for their first+Roy work out? Do they look to take Monta in some deal where we receive their first? IT seems like the two of us and some third party would be real logical trade partners. Williams Roy and their first all seem like they can be had for the right price..I'd do everything we can to see what they'd want from us for their first.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Pro Prospect
Posts: 915
And1: 59
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
Location: Mediocrity, WI
Top

Post#18 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 am by Turd Ferguson

Since they went after Mozgov, can we entice them with Dally? Just checking the box score for this game and it didn't seem like he really did anything significant to up his value with Larry back in the rotation. Just can't catch a break.
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Turd Ferguson
Pro Prospect
Posts: 915
And1: 59
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
Location: Mediocrity, WI
Top

Post#19 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am by paul

DrugBust wrote:
paul wrote:Pretty good night for Anthony Davis. Interested to get people's take on his rookie year. 12/7 on OK shooting with almost 2 blocks in 28 minutes a game on a bad team. Has had a few injury issues and a few playing issues but not a terrible rookie performance by any stretch.

How are people feeling about him? Better or worse than they were this time last year?


If I were starting a franchise he'd be in the top ten.


Yeah solid call, based more on his college production than this season though?

I'll be honest, I thought he had some holes in his game that would get exposed a little in the pros and I think that's been the case somewhat, so I'm not really disappointed in his rookie season. There were some folks who were mega high on him and going with the 'bona fide instant superstar' kind of talk though, I'd be really interested on whether they feel the same two thirds of the way through his rookie season.
paul
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 31,048
And1: 635
Joined: Dec 11, 2007
Top

Post#20 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 am by MikeIsGood

I was / am a huge AD fan. This is about what I expected of him as a rookie, in general.
paul wrote:Not kidding, I missed most of the second overtime cleaning up with handy wipes, much like twirl.
MikeIsGood



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,341
And1: 98
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Sloane!
Top

Post#21 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:28 am by whatthe_buck!?

Turd Ferguson wrote:Gotta wonder what Minnesota is looking to get in return for their first, which they're apparently actively shopping. The wiretap report said they're looking for an established player...would some combo or Moute or Dunleavy and maybe our 2nd for their first+Roy work out? Do they look to take Monta in some deal where we receive their first? IT seems like the two of us and some third party would be real logical trade partners. Williams Roy and their first all seem like they can be had for the right price..I'd do everything we can to see what they'd want from us for their first.

Well considering they were looking to get a 26 yr old mosgov from the nugs u have to figure they would at least consider Udoh or daly + a 2nd rounder or something. If they want a white center from us though I'm guessing Przy isn't gonna be enough unfortunately... :-(
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
Posts: 5,143
And1: 163
Joined: Jul 20, 2006
Top

Post#22 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 am by DWagner85

Turd Ferguson wrote:Since they went after Mozgov, can we entice them with Dally? Just checking the box score for this game and it didn't seem like he really did anything significant to up his value with Larry back in the rotation. Just can't catch a break.


He already maxed his value with a solid few games in Sanders absence.

A player like Daly really does not need to up his value though, with so many years under his belt, you know that he is a 26-28min Center who can get you 9ppg, 7rpg, and 1.5-2bpg.
DWagner85
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 11, 2012
Top

Post#23 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 am by DWagner85

How would everyone feel about this?


http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/02/1 ... na-pacers/

Apparently, Pacers are offering Granger and Hill to Lakers for Nash, others will be added to fill the trade.
DWagner85
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 2
Joined: Dec 11, 2012
Top

Post#24 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 am by Fed

DWagner85 wrote:How would everyone feel about this?


http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/02/1 ... na-pacers/

Apparently, Pacers are offering Granger and Hill to Lakers for Nash, others will be added to fill the trade.

I can't imagine LA trading Nash.
Image
Fed

Junior
User avatar
Posts: 345
And1: 313
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
Top

Post#25 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 am by paul

MikeIsGood wrote:I was / am a huge AD fan. This is about what I expected of him as a rookie, in general.


Sorry should clarify, I'm definitely a fan too.
paul
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 31,048
And1: 635
Joined: Dec 11, 2007
Top

Post#26 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:46 am by Fed

paul wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I was / am a huge AD fan. This is about what I expected of him as a rookie, in general.


Sorry should clarify, I'm definitely a fan too.

It's his wingspan that won me over. It's INSANE, his arms are huge and he can grab boards and block shots.
Image
Fed

Junior
User avatar
Posts: 345
And1: 313
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
Top

Post#27 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 am by AussieBuck

What's the rationale behind liking Henderson more than Redick. Is it because he's a little taller? Better tan? He's not close to the same quality.
aol4532 wrote:what exactly is the difference between him (Bill Russell), and say a guy like Ryan Hollins, who is 20 lbs heavier and can get his head over the rim? He would get in foul trouble so quick, just trying to hold position.
AussieBuck

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 21,726
And1: 1,560
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
Top

Post#28 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 am by Garbs_7

Yep Henderson is just a guy, run of the mill wing for mine who has had every opportunity to be the man in Charlotte but just isn't good enough. I guess Henderson would be cheaper but he wouldn't really be an upgrade of talent over the rest of our guys.
Image

www.saveourbucks.com

"Build for the future, not the 8th seed"
Garbs_7



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,928
And1: 276
Joined: Jan 3, 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Top

Post#29 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 am by stellation

paul wrote:Yeah crap night for Bogut that's for sure, got scored on I think 4 times by Big Al, really only touched the ball on about 3 possessions, missed two shots and two tips, got yanked and didn't get back in. Wasn't icing or anything on the bench, don't know if he was unwell but Biedrins and Ezeli certainly weren't giving them anything more. Bogut looks rusty for sure, but he's just not touching the ball, like at all. The only times he is touching it is in stop ball post ups which really isn't his game at all.

He looked winded quickly, more than in his other games this season, so may have been a bit unwell. I imagine sitting in the 2nd was also partly because they never really got close enough and it was the first night of a b2b (aside from being crap).
stellation
Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 7,497
And1: 756
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Location: *inaudible*
Top

Post#30 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 am by mlloyd10

Just Curious, Since the Warriors suck on the perimeter, Would you trade Moute/Henson for Landry/Barnes?
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,049
And1: 165
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#31 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:12 am by nmeurett

mlloyd10 wrote:Just Curious, Since the Warriors suck on the perimeter, Would you trade Moute/Henson for Landry/Barnes?


Heck yes! Barnes has the potential to be a top 20 player in the NBA! It would hurt moving Henson as I think he will also be a beast but Barnes is a special player at a position of need! Too bad its all wishfull thinking as the Warriors are not trading him...
nmeurett
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 407
And1: 28
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Top

Post#32 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 am by gbmb34

Barnes will never be a top 20 guy. No defense.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
gbmb34




Pro Prospect
Posts: 762
And1: 18
Joined: Dec 1, 2009
Top

Post#33 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 am by theFireBlanket

mlloyd10 wrote:Just Curious, Since the Warriors suck on the perimeter, Would you trade Moute/Henson for Landry/Barnes?

I'd be specifically curious about what blazza and paul have to say on this matter.:)

I haven't seen enough GSW this year to really know how Barnes is doing.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
theFireBlanket
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,556
And1: 437
Joined: Feb 22, 2011
Top

Post#34 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:48 am by HurricaneKid

Landry >>>>>>>>>> Mbah
Barnes >>> Henson

Furthermore, Landry makes less than Mbah.

This is completely a non-starter as GSW are VERY high on Barnes.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
HurricaneKid
Starter
Posts: 2,211
And1: 196
Joined: Jul 12, 2010
Top

Post#35 Re: ATL: Trade deadline eve....
Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm by pifhluk23

How exactly is Jennings "nearly untouchable?"
pifhluk23
Sophomore
Posts: 169
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 24, 2008
Top

Next

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AussieBuck, octt, steger_3434