2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#61 » by marques-8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm

averageposter wrote:
marques-8 wrote:I don't believe the Arena credit will work the same as a concession card.It sounds like you will get a set amount for each game.If you don't use the full amount for that game it will not carry over.

He told me it wouldn't carry over season to season but didn't say anything about a per game basis. I believe it will still be a pre loaded CC so I'm not sure how'd they regulate a per game thing.

I was told it may be a voucher for each game.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 433

Post#62 » by milwaukee bunks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 am

N8Frog wrote:Wow that really s*cks they are forcing you into that club. I guess I've kind of known about it, but yet really didn't. Is it even appealing? All I can think of in that area is the below the bleachers which reminds me of when I was 6 years crawling under the bleachers at a high school basketball game. Really not that fun.

The few times i went out that end of the tunnel, it appeared to be only a handful of elderly people at the bar. my guess would be that it's mostly people that acquire the tickets from a season holder and don't get the opportunity every game. The appetizers, from what I hear, are nothing special either. I mean I'm already paying how much for my tickets, why would I want to have to walk to the other side of the arena mid game, to watch it on a 42" TV when I can sit in my seat and be an arm length's away, just to get a free drink that I can get delivered in my seat. I haven't had a chance to call my rep yet and get his 2 cents, but he better have a damn good reason or I won't be renewing.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#63 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:58 am

milwaukee bunks wrote:
N8Frog wrote:Wow that really s*cks they are forcing you into that club. I guess I've kind of known about it, but yet really didn't. Is it even appealing? All I can think of in that area is the below the bleachers which reminds me of when I was 6 years crawling under the bleachers at a high school basketball game. Really not that fun.

The few times i went out that end of the tunnel, it appeared to be only a handful of elderly people at the bar. my guess would be that it's mostly people that acquire the tickets from a season holder and don't get the opportunity every game. The appetizers, from what I hear, are nothing special either. I mean I'm already paying how much for my tickets, why would I want to have to walk to the other side of the arena mid game, to watch it on a 42" TV when I can sit in my seat and be an arm length's away, just to get a free drink that I can get delivered in my seat. I haven't had a chance to call my rep yet and get his 2 cents, but he better have a damn good reason or I won't be renewing.

Just gonna throw this out there...take it or leave it...

Can I have some of your money?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 433

Post#64 » by milwaukee bunks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 am

WEFFPIM wrote:
Just gonna throw this out there...take it or leave it...

Can I have some of your money?

the rate the Bunks are going, I won't have any left... 20% markup yearly..
bogutisabust
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#65 » by bogutisabust » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am

would you consider going in on a suite instead, you get 12 tickets and 2 parking passes for about what your paying for those 4 seats
bucksfan4life
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#66 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:I just spoke to my ticket rep, and explained that the biggest reason I wouldn be unlikely to renew is the lack of a ticket exchange... ...Apparently I wasn't alone in this, and my rep hinted that there may be some "tweaks" to the benefits for half season ticket holders. My guess is they were hoping to push more people into full season tickets, but this plan is backfiring.

I sent mine a note yesterday afternoon asking for his gut feeling on the exchange coming back and/or any other ticket related perks that may be of benefit. I have yet to hear back, but if anything of note I will let you know. Thanks for passing the above along.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#67 » by Steve210 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

N8Frog wrote:
Toodles1980 wrote:I just spoke to my ticket rep, and explained that the biggest reason I wouldn be unlikely to renew is the lack of a ticket exchange... ...Apparently I wasn't alone in this, and my rep hinted that there may be some "tweaks" to the benefits for half season ticket holders. My guess is they were hoping to push more people into full season tickets, but this plan is backfiring.

I sent mine a note yesterday afternoon asking for his gut feeling on the exchange coming back and/or any other ticket related perks that may be of benefit. I have yet to hear back, but if anything of note I will let you know. Thanks for passing the above along.

I'm curious if you heard back from your account rep yet?

I'm in a similar situation as a lot on here, I have a 1/2 season Red Package and one of the main reason's I've had the package was because it allowed me the flexibility to exchange tickets, and since I travel occassionaly for work, without the option to exchange tickets, I see no real benefit in renewing.

I was out of town when my packet showed up last week and now that I looked it over, I'm shocked at all the changes. We use to get a 5% discount for signing up early in addition to being eligible for some of those contests. Now I see no incentive for signing up early other than a freaking scarf? My Arena Credit is going down from $250 to $200 and now I have 4 ticket vouchers whatever those are?

My tickets are in the lower bowl corners and I think I paid like $42 a ticket and now it's going up to $46? Then I look at stubhub and see tickets in my same row being sold for around $20 or less on most nights? I've been a season ticket holder for over 10 years, was recently chosen as an MVP before the game and now I'm leaning towards giving them up, and going the stubhub route like so many others. I sure hope someone in the organization realizes they are killing even their die hard fan base and does something to stop this before it's too late.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#68 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

I haven't heard back, but I sent it late Friday afternoon so maybe hasn't had time to get an answer or review it that long. I will post what I hear when/if I do. My rep is usually pretty good about responding and have had no real issues with him at all.

The ticket vouchers are actually decent. Basically in the past you used them for a week night game and they would upgrade your seats. So for example, you use your 2 season tickets to get in the BC and then go to their Offices with the vouchers and they'll upgrade you to pretty nice seats pending the attendance. Usually during the week the crowds are small so you get Courtside Club seats within 10 rows of the floor. My ticket rep said these "ticket credit" are the same thing but can also be used to get additional tickets if you choose that instead. I do wish they would explain that stuff better if they are going to change it.

For me its going to come down to the exchange program, or their ability to work with me. If they bring that back, I'll probably stay in just b/c I have next year paid and its a little flexibility. If they don't then I am strongly leaning towards not doing it. I can deal with not having the arena credit b/c my invoice is $125 lower than last year. So for me I need the ticket bank or at the very least the exchange.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#69 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys and am glad to hear I'm not the only one. Sparky was talking about this on the postgame show in regards to a guy who had some high end seats and was thinking of moving on.

I guess the question is, will they make individual "deals" with some of us on things or will they reconsider the policy for everyone as a whole?

I appreciate everyone's input here as they work through their individual situations. It appears like they are realizing their ticket sales are down so much that they will try to recoup the revenue from high prices for those that remain.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#70 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I guess the question is, will they make individual "deals" with some of us on things or will they reconsider the policy for everyone as a whole?

That is my question too. I feel that having the same rep for 5 years and establishing a working relationship that maybe they'll throw a bone every once in awhile next season. Especially knowing how much they cut. But then I do realize that I am just an upper level half season holder, so I don't mean much in the grand scheme of things probably. So they may be more willing to work with the ones that pay more, like you guys in the lower level.

It will be interesting. Also glad Sparky is talking about it.
marques-8
Junior

Post#71 » by marques-8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:49 pm

I am hoping if any changes occur for season ticket holders,because of this forum and calls to the Bucks offices, that they do them for all not just select STH. We are all important,whether the seats are courtside, in the lower bowl, or up in the upper bowl.It is a loyal base, everyone needs to be appreciated!
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#72 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Don Walker ‏@DonWalkerJS

New tix prices for #Bucks season tix subscribers: 9,000+ seats drop in price. Over half of all seats avbl. for full season at $25 or less.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
marques-8
Junior

Post#73 » by marques-8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
Don Walker ‏@DonWalkerJS

New tix prices for #Bucks season tix subscribers: 9,000+ seats drop in price. Over half of all seats avbl. for full season at $25 or less.

Is this new news since the invoices were sent to season ticket holders? At $25 or less, these seats certainly can't be in the lower bowl.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#74 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I realize an empty seat generates zero revenue but it will be interesting to see how low they will go.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#75 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm

marques-8 wrote:
DocHoliday wrote:
Don Walker ‏@DonWalkerJS

Is this new news since the invoices were sent to season ticket holders? At $25 or less, these seats certainly can't be in the lower bowl.

No idea really, but he tweeted it about 4 minutes before I posted it.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#76 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Edit: See below.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#77 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I don't think this is "new" news. For full season the entire upper deck, except for like the first 5 or so rows side court are $25/ticket or less. Half season is the same at $27/ticket or less.

I find it interesting that they dropped some prices, increased others. Decisions and logic are as confusing as ever. :-?
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#78 » by kebzach » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

The New Orleans Pelicans are dropping most of their prices for next year too. Gee, what do the Pelicans and the Bucks have in common?

- Small markets

- Lousy teams the last several years

- Lack of fan interest

- Lack of anything close to a good local TV deal

- Lack of energy/buzz around the franchise
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#79 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 pm

kebzach wrote:The New Orleans Pelicans are dropping most of their prices for next year too. Gee, what do the Pelicans and the Bucks have in common?

- Small markets

- Lousy teams the last several years

- Lack of fan interest

- Lack of anything close to a good local TV deal

- Lack of energy/buzz around the franchise

But the Bucks are also increasing prices in the lower bowl and are cutting alot of benefits, which wouldn't help any of the above.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#80 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Steve 210:
I'm curious if you heard back from your account rep yet?

I'm in a similar situation as a lot on here, I have a 1/2 season Red Package and one of the main reason's I've had the package was because it allowed me the flexibility to exchange tickets, and since I travel occassionaly for work, without the option to exchange tickets, I see no real benefit in renewing.

I spoke to my rep. I didn't get the vibe they are going to be bring back any of the pulled perks. His manager did give the okay to allow some exchanges PRIOR to the season but they do not want in-season exchanges. So they did show some compromise. And I think its at an individual basis.

My personal feel from the call are the reps have strict orders on these changes. My rep needed manager review of allowing some exchanges. His first question back to me was if I donate tickets. The donating ticket question was kind of random, but seemed scripted. I'm guessing they were prepping for backlash.

So I guess they compromised a little bit. The easy choice I guess is to drop it, but then I could see a scenario where we clean house on the douche bag players this summer, new owner, and/or the team becomes enjoyable. I'll see...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks