ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 20: 14-15 Benefits) 

Post#301 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Mar 4, 2014 10:48 pm

This was certainly my hardest year to sell, but in the end with what I sold I'll still end up only putting $100-$150 additional out of pocket towards my half plan next season. And of all the games I went to, about 6, I've only actually sat in upper level seats twice. I don't feel like I'm losing my ass on it in the end, which is the main thing. I do feel they've thrown some additional perks throughout the season which is nice --- albeit I'm sure of that goes away if heaven forbid they ever win. But hopefully if that is the case, I'll benefit from a higher ticket demand.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 20: 14-15 Benefits) 

Post#302 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 6, 2014 4:48 pm

Is anybody here (that is still a STH) going to apply to be on the "MVP Advisory Board"? It sounds like it's basically a Board of 20 members that is the liaison b/w the season ticket holders and the Bucks Front Office. Each member serves a 2 year term and will meet quarterly.

I'm curious if this has an effect on anything.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 21: MVP Advisory Board) 

Post#303 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Anybody going to the STH meeting tonight?

At the meeting, hear directly from Bucks GM John Hammond about the state of the team and his vision for building a championship organization in Milwaukee, and listen to Executive Vice President of Business Operations John Steinmiller and Senior Vice President Theodore Loehrke as they provide updates on your MVP Membership.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#304 » by Steve210 » Thu Apr 3, 2014 7:57 pm

I was just wondering also if anyone here attended the STH MVP Advisory Board Meeting?
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#305 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Apr 3, 2014 8:06 pm

At the meeting, hear directly from Bucks GM John Hammond about the state of the team and his vision for building a championship organization in Milwaukee, and listen to Executive Vice President of Business Operations John Steinmiller and Senior Vice President Theodore Loehrke as they provide updates on your MVP Membership.

I like all of this. From Hammond and his vision to building a championship organization in Milwaukee (5 years in) to the 30 VPs in attendance. Someone report?
Go Bucks!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#306 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 4, 2014 12:46 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:

I like all of this. From Hammond and his vision to building a championship organization in Milwaukee (5 years in) to the 30 VPs in attendance. Someone report?

I didn't get a chance to go b/c we took our niece/nephews to the game that night. I didn't hear anything from anybody, but would have to imagine somebody on here maybe went b/c the game had a decent turnout/MVP Club was busy that night. I know we don't have alot of STH's that actually "post" on here though.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#307 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 4, 2014 12:46 pm

Steve210 wrote:I was just wondering also if anyone here attended the STH MVP Advisory Board Meeting?

I did not. I'm very curious what that MVP Advisory Board is going to bring to the table.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 19 - STH Names on Court) 

Post#308 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
averageposter wrote:But Costco in grafton is selling 50 dollar gift cards for 29 dollars. I bought a bunch last Saturday. They are the same cards they mailed out as a STH perk and do not expire. Almost as good a deal as I used to find on eBay. Should help half season guys a bit. They had a pallet display near the deli in that seasonal area. You take a card up and tell them how many you want. Not sure how many they really have.

Hopefully they still have some on Saturday morning as I may buzz over there on our way down. We're going to spend at least $29 in beer, may as well get an extra $20. Thanks again for this info.

For those interested in the above, it looks like Costco's website has $100 vouchers for $59.99. I just bought one and they email it to you and then you exchange at their office for a "hard" card.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 16: Ownership Change) 

Post#309 » by unklchuk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:24 pm

Can someone fill me in on whether the swelling staff, the Schlitz Park move, the STH board, the cards through Costco, the tavern gatherings, the special appearances by players and owners/staff, etc., are a matter of the Bucks franchise catching up to the level at which other teams have been operating for a while now -- OR -- are the new owners taking the biz side of things very seriously and venturing into new ground?
AFAIK, IDKM
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#310 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 pm

unklchuk wrote:Can someone fill me in on whether the swelling staff, the Schlitz Park move, the STH board, the cards through Costco, the tavern gatherings, the special appearances by players and owners/staff, etc., are a matter of the Bucks franchise catching up to the level at which other teams have been operating for a while now -- OR -- are the new owners taking the biz side of things very seriously and venturing into new ground?

I think a combo of both. I do feel like they are more aggressive in alot of this and its much more visible. I do think in the past few years the Bucks have offered good deals (due to product) and have a pretty good PR department, so that part I don't think is tied to new ownership. The STH board was planned before the new ownership. But there is a definitely a different vibe and feel a more genuine effort to bring the fan base back.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#311 » by averageposter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
averageposter wrote:But Costco in grafton is selling 50 dollar gift cards for 29 dollars. I bought a bunch last Saturday. They are the same cards they mailed out as a STH perk and do not expire. Almost as good a deal as I used to find on eBay. Should help half season guys a bit. They had a pallet display near the deli in that seasonal area. You take a card up and tell them how many you want. Not sure how many they really have.

Hopefully they still have some on Saturday morning as I may buzz over there on our way down. We're going to spend at least $29 in beer, may as well get an extra $20. Thanks again for this info.

For those interested in the above, it looks like Costco's website has $100 vouchers for $59.99. I just bought one and they email it to you and then you exchange at their office for a "hard" card.

Awesome thanks, Just stopped at the Grafton one last weekend just checking to see if the 50's were there again I'll be on this for sure.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#312 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 pm

averageposter wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Awesome thanks, Just stopped at the Grafton one last weekend just checking to see if the 50's were there again I'll be on this for sure.

No problem. Yeah its an awesome deal especially considering you can use on merch & tickets. We bought a ton last year and glad the deal is back even if not likely to go to as many games this year.

I don't how many STH are on this board, but has anybody actually heard anything about the MVP Board? I got the welcome packet earlier this month and didn't see anything on it.
averageposter
Sixth Man

Post#313 » by averageposter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 pm

On the board I don't know, I thought I was going to do it but I decided against. Kind of wish I would have with the ownership change I think there are probably more exciting possibilities there.

I don't know if half season guys get the coupon or not, but in my package is a coupon for 20% off the pro shop until December something. Combine that with the discounted Gift Cards and your merchandise purchase could actually fall into the category of reasonably priced for an article of clothing you'd only wear to a game. $120 shooting shirt would be $58 real cost with the two combined. Yes, I always buy the current shooting shirt.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#314 » by unklchuk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:17 pm

there is a definitely a different vibe and feel a more genuine effort to bring the fan base back

When I thought of bringing fans back, I've always pictured families. They're important, but it seems clear that a MAJOR emphasis in this new vibe is to "weave" the Bucks into the "lives" of local businesses.

It seems the rapidly growing sales staff will likely work person-to-person with local companies to get them attending games, and sponsoring various activities. Everybody knows that the coming season won't be a winning season, so it might make sense to offer discounts and big bonuses to companies that buy season tickets now. Show support now, might be the pitch, and you'll get discounts and preferred seating on tickets for 15-16 and 16-17 -- when the team will be much better.

Compared to seats left empty, big discounts aren't troublesome.

And local companies showing up this season could add significantly to the buzz in the city and the attendance at the games.
AFAIK, IDKM
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#315 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 pm

averageposter wrote:On the board I don't know, I thought I was going to do it but I decided against. Kind of wish I would have with the ownership change I think there are probably more exciting possibilities there.

I don't know if half season guys get the coupon or not, but in my package is a coupon for 20% off the pro shop until December something. Combine that with the discounted Gift Cards and your merchandise purchase could actually fall into the category of reasonably priced for an article of clothing you'd only wear to a game. $120 shooting shirt would be $58 real cost with the two combined. Yes, I always buy the current shooting shirt.

Definitely good deal! Half season does get that 20% coupon too. Unfortunately I'm not going to get to a game before the expiration date so just going to include it with my Knicks tickets to whoever buys them.

The board thing was kind of interesting and am curious what it amounts to. As said, I haven't heard anything more since last spring but maybe its a "full" season ticket perk and not "half"...?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#316 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

unklchuk wrote:
there is a definitely a different vibe and feel a more genuine effort to bring the fan base back

When I thought of bringing fans back, I've always pictured families. They're important, but it seems clear that a MAJOR emphasis in this new vibe is to "weave" the Bucks into the "lives" of local businesses.

It seems the rapidly growing sales staff will likely work person-to-person with local companies to get them attending games, and sponsoring various activities. Everybody knows that the coming season won't be a winning season, so it might make sense to offer discounts and big bonuses to companies that buy season tickets now. Show support now, might be the pitch, and you'll get discounts and preferred seating on tickets for 15-16 and 16-17 -- when the team will be much better.

Compared to seats left empty, big discounts aren't troublesome.

And local companies showing up this season could add significantly to the buzz in the city and the attendance at the games.

I'm guessing the year to year company season ticket holders are a strong financial base for the team and assume that has eroded. I mean you can clearly tell by the suites that portion of business has dwindled. There are often many dark suites for games. If they can lure some businesses back I'm guessing that is a huge chunk of revenue.
averageposter
Sixth Man

Post#317 » by averageposter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:51 pm

I think what's discussed or what the board contributes on is mostly the MVP experience outside of the ticket perks. The Input on the design of the MVP Season subscriber shirt, The Season ticket holder functions in season and in the off season. The Golf outings, the Brewer games, The luncheons, and pre game meet and greets, autograph sessions etc. So I think the half season guys were invited as well.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#318 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 pm

I don't know if we have any tax experts on this forum, but is there any real "tax" benefit to donating the tickets to charities? I'm more for hoping it allows someone to go to a game that maybe can't but wonder if its worth reporting. I thought I heard once that rough figure is you'll get 25% of face value in return for taxes. So if you donated $100 worth of tickets, it would probably amount to gaining $25 on your tax return. No idea of that is true.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#319 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 5, 2015 11:24 pm

As an MVP, we hope to continue to upgrade the perks and benefits you receive. Along with our improvements, we will be making some pricing changes to many of our membership plans. We hope to work with you directly as we navigate that process so that we can ensure you remain part of the Bucks family. You can expect to receive your 2015 Playoffs and 2015-16 Renewal information by the end of this month. This information will be mailed and emailed to you. It will include your invoice, how much time you have to make your decision, new incentives and benefits and interest-free payment plan options. As in the past, you will have the option to purchase your seats online, via mail or fax. Over the next month, our dedicated Account Services team will be in contact with you to discuss your information and provide you the service you deserve as one of our most loyal fans.

Curious what this will entail. Seems to me an increase is in the works.
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#320 » by Toodles1980 » Thu Feb 5, 2015 11:41 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
As an MVP, we hope to continue to upgrade the perks and benefits you receive. Along with our improvements, we will be making some pricing changes to many of our membership plans. We hope to work with you directly as we navigate that process so that we can ensure you remain part of the Bucks family. You can expect to receive your 2015 Playoffs and 2015-16 Renewal information by the end of this month. This information will be mailed and emailed to you. It will include your invoice, how much time you have to make your decision, new incentives and benefits and interest-free payment plan options. As in the past, you will have the option to purchase your seats online, via mail or fax. Over the next month, our dedicated Account Services team will be in contact with you to discuss your information and provide you the service you deserve as one of our most loyal fans.

Curious what this will entail. Seems to me an increase is in the works.

Yup, as a half season person (I believe like you) if the increase in price comes with little or no increase in benefits I will have to reconsider getting the plan again. Especially considering the insanely cheap deals they come out with during the year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks