ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#21 » by DMBucks22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 am

i dont think ill be renewing i downgraded to half season this year and have just been picking up cheap tickets on stubhub whenever i want to go. guess ill be saving even more money next year.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#22 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 am

Well then clearly I'm not reading it wrong judging from other comments.

My best guess is the full season ticket holders complained about the half season getting many of the same loyalty benefits, understandable I guess. So they just scrapped it altogether for the half and made it less for the full. I did see they decreased the ticket prices, mine went down $3/seat. But for me the other benefits were more beneficial.

I emailed my rep to see if this is serious and we'll see how that goes.
DMBucks22
Veteran

Post#23 » by DMBucks22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:59 am

N8Frog wrote:Well then clearly I'm not reading it wrong judging from other comments.

My best guess is the full season ticket holders complained about the half season getting many of the same loyalty benefits, understandable I guess. So they just scrapped it altogether for the half and made it less for the full. I did see they decreased the ticket prices, mine went down $3/seat. But for me the other benefits were more beneficial.

I emailed my rep to see if this is serious and we'll see how that goes.

your seats went down in price? mine went up $3 per seat? i will not be renewing if this is the case. i used to pay $10 per seat upper level corner, only 4 rows up, great seats. but now $15 and not even a warning of price increases just a invoice. puah u got to be kidding. go f yourself bucks organization. seriously
DMBucks22
Veteran

Post#24 » by DMBucks22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 am

i emailed my rep last mon when the bucks were playing the wizards looking to to exchange tikets for the wednesday game vs the 76ers and yet to this very second i still have not heard back from him. and this is the first time ive contacted him after he reached out to me to introduce himself because my last rep just left in the middle of the season( i dont blame him)
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#25 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 am

Yeah, mine went from $18 to $15/ticket.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#26 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 am

Based on what I reviewed, it would appear that the value of the packages as a whole has indeed dropped. Whether from price increases or decreases in benefits or both.

I always felt that the day I dropped my season tickets would be the franchise low point and the team would be moving shortly thereafter. So to keep up the good mojo, I keep renewing and keep hope for better days.

However, tonight I'm really pretty close to being done here. Assuming we make no serious and reasonably good trades tomorrow combined with this decrease in the value of the package, I think I'm probably done.

Another feature of the renewal package is the emphasis on getting your "2013 playoff tickets". Good Lord they need to give that a rest. Just give me a team with hope and vision and I don't care about "playoffs".

Unfortunately at this hour it looks like Bucks fans are getting the shaft again on all levels. Herb, you've got about 14-hours to change the ship, otherwise at 2pm tomorrow I think the Bucks do finally hit that iceberg.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#27 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Based on what I reviewed, it would appear that the value of the packages as a whole has indeed dropped. Whether from price increases or decreases in benefits or both.

I always felt that the day I dropped my season tickets would be the franchise low point and the team would be moving shortly thereafter. So to keep up the good mojo, I keep renewing and keep hope for better days.

However, tonight I'm really pretty close to being done here. Assuming we make no serious and reasonably good trades tomorrow combined with this decrease in the value of the package, I think I'm probably done.

Another feature of the renewal package is the emphasis on getting your "2013 playoff tickets". Good Lord they need to give that a rest. Just give me a team with hope and vision and I don't care about "playoffs".

Unfortunately at this hour it looks like Bucks fans are getting the shaft again on all levels. Herb, you've got about 14-hours to change the ship, otherwise at 2pm tomorrow I think the Bucks do finally hit that iceberg.

Summed up very well and I share many of the same thoughts. Its going to be an interesting day.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#28 » by JackSIKMA43 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Like someone else here ... I also just got my Packers season tickets, after waiting 27 years. Glad I switched, it was worth it. Got 6th row in section 135, too, and not the new nosebleeds. No clue how that happened.

As for the Bucks ... I love the Bucks, I don't know any other way and I do consider myself a die-hard fan. BUT ... I'm taking a stand for the first time in my 40-year-old life ... I'm not giving this team another f'ing penny, until Herb Kohl takes off and goes and f's himself. I'll still watch, pay attention, etc. But I ain't spending sh*t on this team, until I see a better way of running things.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#29 » by marques-8 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Hopefully, someone from the Bucks is seeing all these comments. The cutbacks in perks and seat price increase makes no sense,when the Bradley center is half full most games. You would think they would cherish the few loyal fans they have left! How they ever came up with these ideas in planning for the upcoming season is beyond belief! Agree with PP, it is close for me to jump ship too!
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#30 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:36 pm

I broke it down...

So last year I got for $825: 21 Games (2 seats), $100 Concession Card, 3% Accured Interest (approx $15), 4 Upgrade Vouchers, $300 in Ticket Bank. Plus for redeeming early I got a "loyalty bonus" of like $35 for concessions or towards ticket balance.

This year the offer for the same amount of games & seats is: Ticket Credit (amount unknown), In-Season Perks/Promotions, and an Exclusive Scarf. This all for approx $700. I'm not exaggerating, lol.

And the loyalty program that remains for full season subscribers is MUCH worse than the one they had in place last year.

For me its a matter of just being done with it, waiting it out to see if they change some of the benefits, or buy in 1 more year and see what next year brings. Today may be a big day in seeing the direction of the team.
Mr Glass
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#31 » by Mr Glass » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Just when I was in the position to start researching if season tickets would be worth it versus going the stubhub or Craigslist route 10-15 times per year.

Sounds like I shouldnt waste my time.

Lower level, non-baseline or corner tickets for ~$20 (non-Laker, Thunder, Heat, Bulls) sounds like the route I'll be sticking to.
"I should've known way back when. You know why Herb? Because of the kids! They called me Mr Glass."
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#32 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 pm

With the likelihood of a major trade going down by the minute, this could indeed be the iceberg as PP put it. I think the remaining diehards are going to lose it, there is no benefit incentive anymore, and this team is on the verge of falling out of the playoffs again. If we stand pat we are not making it, period.
MKElightitup
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#33 » by MKElightitup » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Half season, upper level ticket holder for several years. Part of the reason I get tickets is the benefits. I know I can't make every game and I sure as hell know I can't resell my tickets. So the benefits (concessions card, interest, prizes, ticket bank, etc) make up the difference. With this stuff gone, I'm gone.

If I can pay $15 to sit lower level for just about any game, why would I even consider renewing at this point?

The first year I signed up I got all of this years benefits, plus 10,000 Midwest Express miles, which pushed me over the top for a free companion flight. 2013-2014 benefits would include: free ticket forwarding, exclusive email updates, and a scarf. :roll:
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#34 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Talked to my rep today and for any half season holder here I did get confirmation that the loyalty and exchange programs are for the full season holders only. The half season does get 4 "ticket credit" which he said can be used as upgrade vouchers. And there isn't any concession cash for the half season 400 level anymore.

But we got Redick today... :-?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#35 » by JayMKE » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:26 pm

you get an exclusive scarf tho?
FREE GIANNIS
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#36 » by InsideOut » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 pm

I think the Bucks have been watching the attendance and figured the free stuff isn't needed. As has been said before on this board, the only people buying tickets are the business's that buy every year and the diehard fans that will show up no matter what the Bucks put out on the floor.

I sit on a marketing committee at work and we have dealt with this issue in the past. If most of the free stuff is going to the people that are doing business's with you anyway and it's not attracting new business then you are just wasting money. Sure, they realize they will lose some fans but they did the math and figure they will make it all back by not having to give the free stuff to those of you that will keep buying tickets no matter what. To me this is a sign the Bucks feel they have hit rock bottom in tickets sales. If the team was ever going to blow it up now would be the time to do it.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#37 » by averageposter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I haven't had a chance to look, how much has a full season lower bowl benefit package changed?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#38 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:03 am

averageposter wrote:I haven't had a chance to look, how much has a full season lower bowl benefit package changed?

I've only been a half season, but I know the loyalty program changed for both packages. I think like the ticket bank is completely gone. It looks like some prices may have increased for lower bowl. I think the half season is got more cut than the full season, which is understandable I guess. Bucks aren't going to miss my business, I get that.

bucks.com/mvp lists the benefits.
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 433

Post#39 » by milwaukee bunks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 am

Been following for this board for a long time reading all of your comments, but this is the thread that finally forced me to make an account. I am so disgusted with the ticket renewals for next year that I will probably give mine up as well...

I have 4 tickets in 104, AAA, on the court across from the visitor's bench for all 41 games. They built the new "Backcourt Club" in the tunnel right next to the locker room and they were trying to sell tickets this year to anyone in AAA for $5,000 per seat that you had ($20,000 for my package), needless to say I passed. The only (real) perks of this club are free drinks and appetizers (which they don't deliver to your seat). I am lucky to spend more than $60 on per game for drinks for all 4 of my seats...

Turns out next year, that due to the "overwhelming success of the Backcourt Club" they are forcing anyone with AAA tickets to purchase these passes... My renewal went from ~$17,400 per seat, to ~$20,500 per seat, without the option to defer the Backcourt Club passes. They are basically forcing you to get these tickets or give up your court seats (when several of the court side seats are empty for most games as is). It just amazes me that attendance continues to drop and they continue to jack these prices up for useless amenities that I will never use, hell I didn't even step foot in the club when they were giving out free passes for a 6 game stretch earlier in January.

At this rate, I can see why fans don't want to go to games. Who wants to pay more money to see less talent year after year? It says a lot when we offer $6 ticket prices for upper level in February and the sections are still 90% empty. The fan support for this team is dwindling and the FO isn't doing much to help it except for gouging current subscribers more.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#40 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 am

milwaukee bunks wrote:Been following for this board for a long time reading all of your comments, but this is the thread that finally forced me to make an account. I am so disgusted with the ticket renewals for next year that I will probably give mine up as well...

Welcome and don't be a stranger here.

As that ticket base keeps dropping, one would think they would realize the problem is the way the team is run. And not take it out on those of us who actually keep writing checks for tickets each year.

They are going to lose renewals and wonder what happened.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks