ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 17 - Court Returns) 

Post#261 » by Toodles1980 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I haven't but have been busy with holidays, etc. I'm not real thrilled though. I can't imagine many are.

And wonder how they will be able to make sure people won't re-sell those tickets. Even if you have to go to box office, you can still sell on the street if you really wanted.

I am very annoyed with this deal, but I believe the resale thing is limited by the tickets ONLY being on the credit card things. There is no reprint option, no forwarding option, you get your card and that is that. Lose it and I believe there is a charge and they replace it. I could be wrong, but this is my impression. Therefore the only way to resell is before a game stand outside, sell it, walk through the metal detectors wait for the purchaser to enter, then have them hand the card back over the railing by the turnstile.

Still, this deal alon with the reduction in perks means these folks got basically the same benefits I did (minus a few vouchers, and resale ability) than I received for re upping last year. I understand they want more butts in the seats, but when they do a deal like this, make sure the seasn ticket holders gain some perks too, otherwise it just feels like we're getting screwed for loyalty (although that may be the motto of the Bucks, I honestly don't know).
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,387

Post#262 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm

From what I understand the league didn't like all the freebies and deeply discounted deals the team had last year as it reduced the value of a season ticket and ticked off season ticket holders. So they axed a couple of long time employees, brought in some Stern people and now they're doing it again. The more things change...
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#263 » by Treebeard » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:00 pm

From an earlier thread:

Re: Bucks playing on newly designed floor this season
by EastSideBucksFan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

.....Eddie Doucette's speech was incredible....never seen him speak in person and he offered such a great line that made me want to run up there and proclaim him the Bucks new GM. Talked about the early days, talked about the success with Oscar and Kareem. Talked about trading Kareem and moving ahead with the "Green & Growing" Crew that they advertised with Winters, Bridgemen, Elmore and others. Talked about being patient with this group of Sanders, Henson and Giannis. He mentioned those three at first but then also dropped Brandon Knight's name. I don't remember him saying anyone else.

The line that stuck was "It's easier to sell hope than expectations"
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#264 » by marques-8 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:From what I understand the league didn't like all the freebies and deeply discounted deals the team had last year as it reduced the value of a season ticket and ticked off season ticket holders. So they axed a couple of long time employees, brought in some Stern people and now they're doing it again. The more things change...

That is what I was told also.After 25+ years as a STH, did not renew as there was no longer value being a STH. Went to the Bucks /Spurs game on Wed. was ready to leave at halftime. Can't imagine how hard it is for Sector7, the Dancers,and others to try and generate any fan interest during the games when the upper bowl is almost empty and the lower bowl,only half full and the fans hardly responding at all.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#265 » by averageposter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:36 pm

I guess a discount against a season ticket is a discount, but this latest deal was for endzone upper deck tickets I thought. Aside from Miami games, the Bulls, maybe the Lakers I can usually count on one hand the amount of people in those sections. I couldn't get worked up about $12 tickets getting sold for $4 times 26 games. What I thought was really bad was the $20 lowers for Jan and Feb last year. 16 games of a $15-$30 discount over STH pricing. Losing a few hundred dollars of value over a couple of months.

But to put it into perspective the usual benefit to season ticket holders in markets where the team is popular is that you have tickets, that's it. There is no $400 in concession, no deep quantity discount, etc. You actually have a guaranteed ticket. Every time I think I am getting worked a little by a discount provided a single game guy, I try to remember that all of these perks are not part of every teams system, just ones struggling to put butts in the seat anyway.

The only thing that has really ever consistently bugged was when I was a lower bowl corner guy I paid like $3600 for a pair of tix. I did not have access to the Palermo's club. But $20 single ticket guy does, guys night out guy does, and other non-promotional single ticket guy does in the other sections. They sporadically enforce the entrance there, I do realize often you can just walk in, but the days they check it always bothered me. The best, healthiest choices for a weeknight eat at the game meals are there. If you are eating healthy and driving from an hour away, finding some choices that don't blow your diet up at the arena is tough. At Palermo's You can get a salad, and a few other healthier choices etc. Felt like the kind of investment you make for a full season in the lower bowl is worth access to Palermo's regardless of location. Offering that benefit really doesn't cost them anything.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,060

Post#266 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:19 pm

The lower level discounts bother me more than the upper level as well. I mean the Black Friday deal I got a pair of lower level tickets for the Memphis game for like $22 total, and they tossed in comparable seats for the Utah game. I essentially got 4 lower level seats for $5.50/each.

The toughest part about being a season ticket holder is the demand is down as is, and the Bucks make it worse with these deals. Generally speaking I've done okay, but my cost is $15/ticket (16.60 with BC fee) for corner Row A seats --- so not bad seats especially for the upper level. But then you have deals like above and its a no-brainer for someone to do that. Fortunately I have a few people that buy from each year and/or are naive to 3rd party sellers. Its a tough sell though. At least in the past I always felt that with the concession, ticket bank, etc that I was coming out ahead even if I had to sell a few games for next to nothing.

But as said above, if the teams wins, this stuff was going to go away anything. But at least then you would hope to have more of sellers market. I'm at the point where I'm going through the worst years and at some point it has to get better and I don't want to be on the sideline then. Maybe it's false hope though...
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#267 » by Steve210 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:29 pm

I was a half season ticket holder for years, and I still can't get over how I never received a phone call, email or anything from my "Senior Account Service Executive"?

I had a 10 pack for the Brewers for a few seasons and that guy calls me and emails me quite a bit. The season I gave up my Brewer tickets I filled out a survey and got free tickets to a game. I've got nothing, and have heard nothing from the Bucks.

I would love to see some numbers on what percentage of season ticket holders renewed?

For each game I've gone to this season I paid less than $20 for lower bowl tickets, when I use to a shell out over $40 per ticket.

I really question what this team's marketing/sales staff's strategy is? Hopefully in the future with new ownership they will start to appreciate those fans who have and still support this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#268 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:38 pm

Steve210 wrote:I was a half season ticket holder for years, and I still can't get over how I never received a phone call, email or anything from my "Senior Account Service Executive"?

I had a 10 pack for the Brewers for a few seasons and that guy calls me and emails me quite a bit. The season I gave up my Brewer tickets I filled out a survey and got free tickets to a game. I've got nothing, and have heard nothing from the Bucks.

I would love to see some numbers on what percentage of season ticket holders renewed?

For each game I've gone to this season I paid less than $20 for lower bowl tickets, when I use to a shell out over $40 per ticket.

I really question what this team's marketing/sales staff's strategy is? Hopefully in the future with new ownership they will start to appreciate those fans who have and still support this franchise.

This kind of surprises me b/c I generally have found the Bucks reps to be very good and have pretty decent communication. I'm surprised you haven't heard a thing. I remember after I stopped with my half season plan in 2005 that they gave me a couple comp tickets for the 05-06 season so I would suspect you'll get some soon.
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#269 » by Steve210 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Steve210 wrote:I was a half season ticket holder for years, and I still can't get over how I never received a phone call, email or anything from my "Senior Account Service Executive"?

This kind of surprises me b/c I generally have found the Bucks reps to be very good and have pretty decent communication. I'm surprised you haven't heard a thing. I remember after I stopped with my half season plan in 2005 that they gave me a couple comp tickets for the 05-06 season so I would suspect you'll get some soon.

Over the years I've had a lot of Bucks reps, some good, some bad. My last rep pretty much did everything by the book. At one point I had a rep who would upgrade me to Courtside seats at least 1 or 2 games a season, but those days have long been over. At that time I at least felt appreciated and valued by the organization.

Last season I couldn't even use the upgrade vouchers they gave me on nights that were definitely not sold out.

As far as anyone contacting me and giving me comp tickets for this season, let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,387

Post#270 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm

My Bucks rep was outstanding. I always felt sorry for him for having to sell a crappy product. He still throws me some tix from time to time.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: Season Ticket Thread (Pg. 13 - STH Names on BC Court 

Post#271 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:
N8Frog wrote:Sounds like the Bucks are going green and doing away with the printed hard tickets. They are going to the credit card like they did for the playoffs. Curious how that will work out. I didn't hate it for the playoffs albeit a brief 2 game trial.

I ended up taking the plunge and renewed my tickets. I hate the idea of the plastic cards. If you think there going green wait to you see what they send them in. They sent the playoff cards in a huge stupid bucks box. Its prob more about money saving then going green. Anyway I told my rep I wanted the hard ticket stubs for the regular season. At first they wouldn't print them but he emailed me back saying they would print them for me. Those plastic tickets are jus a pain in the ass. You would have to re collect them after every game or go online and print or forward your tickets. Screw that give me the hard tickets and call it a day

Did they give you alot of grief with getting the hard ticket? I have a buyer for a couple games but wants the ticket stub style.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#272 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 2, 2014 8:02 pm

I'll preface this with I know Bucks tickets value have minimal value, but just curious if anybody (STH or not) has had any luck with the NBA Ticket Marketplace? I just feel like it has low traffic compared to like StubHub. I like how you can link to the NBA TM through the season account so wish it had a little more traffic.

The Packers have the same linkage with the NFL TM which I actually sold some playoff tickets through today. But I know the NFL advertises their Marketplace too. I don't know if the NBA does. I love that I don't have to do anything at all other than list the tickets.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 19 - STH Names on Court) 

Post#273 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Looks like February 8th the STH names will be on the court. Plus they're opening an STH lounge area (TWC), own entry line (Kohls & NW Mutual)...and you get another scarf! :)
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#274 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:45 pm

marques-8 wrote:We have been season ticket holders for a long time now. Also got the season renewal info today. Was also surprised at the many perks no longer being offered. It makes one wonder whether it is worth it to continue.I did notice for full season ticket holders ,interest is being offered if you pay in full by June 28th. From the day you pay thru Oct. 31st, you will earn 3% interest.

I didn't think I was getting this anymore, but a check did arrive for me shortly after the season started for interest accrued. So apparently it was still included for half season holders.
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#275 » by Steve210 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
marques-8 wrote:We have been season ticket holders for a long time now. Also got the season renewal info today. Was also surprised at the many perks no longer being offered. It makes one wonder whether it is worth it to continue.I did notice for full season ticket holders ,interest is being offered if you pay in full by June 28th. From the day you pay thru Oct. 31st, you will earn 3% interest.

I didn't think I was getting this anymore, but a check did arrive for me shortly after the season started for interest accrued. So apparently it was still included for half season holders.

That's good, that's the least they can do. Have they done anything else for half season ticket holders this year? Pre-game parties? I chose not to renew, and I think I got out at the right time.

Every other game it seems like they are promoting either a buy one get one free, or deeply discounted tickets. All that does is devalue the tickets of the people that were actually buying these tickets up front. I don't blame the front office, they have to try to get butts in seats, but they certainly don't seem to appreciate the STH's that have been supporting this team for years.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#276 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Steve210 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

That's good, that's the least they can do. Have they done anything else for half season ticket holders this year? Pre-game parties? I chose not to renew, and I think I got out at the right time.

Every other game it seems like they are promoting either a buy one get one free, or deeply discounted tickets. All that does is devalue the tickets of the people that were actually buying these tickets up front. I don't blame the front office, they have to try to get butts in seats, but they certainly don't seem to appreciate the STH's that have been supporting this team for years.

I was invited to a variety of off season events (e.g. Brewers game, Rattlers game), MVP Brunch at the Scrimmage, and there was a holiday party that I got invited to for the road game right before Christmas (at Cleveland they were playing I think). I didn't get to attend any of the above. I believe the off season events including free tickets to those games. I don't recall what the holiday party entailed.

Overall I haven't been that disappointed really. I really miss the concession money they tossed at us the most I think. Exchanges are a close second. The ticket bank was nice but I can't fault them for taking that away and I at least still had 2 games to upgrade. Otherwise its been fine and fortunately I've sold enough games to cover majority of next year if I choose to do so.

Losing has helped too though. My rep put has put me courtside, front row for shootaround, etc for a few games. I'm sure that stuff goes away when the teams, or would if the team ever wins. Another deal they ran was you go to the Warriors game, you get comped tickets. So they have thrown some things at the STH. I'll probably renew again. I think next year with a top pick there is going to be a little more excitement maybe.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#277 » by averageposter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

With regard to the concession cards, preloading our credit card style ticket with the concession money they still give full season folks killed the secondary eBay market for those gift cards. I used to buy those cards for 50 cents on the dollar. 41 games traveling from fdl made a lot of unhealthy and expensive arena meals and my 400 was usually not enough to cover all the weeknight games. But Costco in grafton is selling 50 dollar gift cards for 29 dollars. I bought a bunch last Saturday. They are the same cards they mailed out as a STH perk and do not expire. Almost as good a deal as I used to find on eBay. Should help half season guys a bit. They had a pallet display near the deli in that seasonal area. You take a card up and tell them how many you want. Not sure how many they really have.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#278 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

averageposter wrote:With regard to the concession cards, preloading our credit card style ticket with the concession money they still give full season folks killed the secondary eBay market for those gift cards. I used to buy those cards for 50 cents on the dollar. 41 games traveling from fdl made a lot of unhealthy and expensive arena meals and my 400 was usually not enough to cover all the weeknight games. But Costco in grafton is selling 50 dollar gift cards for 29 dollars. I bought a bunch last Saturday. They are the same cards they mailed out as a STH perk and do not expire. Almost as good a deal as I used to find on eBay. Should help half season guys a bit. They had a pallet display near the deli in that seasonal area. You take a card up and tell them how many you want. Not sure how many they really have.

Interesting. We're heading down there Saturday and have a Costco card, may be worth it as plan to go to a few more games this year yet.
CaptainAwesome
Senior
And1: 83

Post#279 » by CaptainAwesome » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Overall I haven't been that disappointed really. I really miss the concession money they tossed at us the most I think. Exchanges are a close second. The ticket bank was nice but I can't fault them for taking that away and I at least still had 2 games to upgrade. Otherwise its been fine and fortunately I've sold enough games to cover majority of next year if I choose to do so.

Losing has helped too though. My rep put has put me courtside, front row for shootaround, etc for a few games. I'm sure that stuff goes away when the teams, or would if the team ever wins. Another deal they ran was you go to the Warriors game, you get comped tickets. So they have thrown some things at the STH. I'll probably renew again. I think next year with a top pick there is going to be a little more excitement maybe.

I agree wholeheartedly about the concession money. That was a perk that I really think that they erred on by eliminating.

If I'm gonna pay to watch The Tank, how about a little gratitude from the organization and keep perks like that which say "thank you for supporting us and spending your money here when there are plenty of other options around town (i.e. bars, restaurants, bowling centers, etc)?"
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#280 » by Steve210 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Steve210 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I was invited to a variety of off season events (e.g. Brewers game, Rattlers game), MVP Brunch at the Scrimmage, and there was a holiday party that I got invited to for the road game right before Christmas (at Cleveland they were playing I think). I didn't get to attend any of the above. I believe the off season events including free tickets to those games. I don't recall what the holiday party entailed.

Overall I haven't been that disappointed really. I really miss the concession money they tossed at us the most I think. Exchanges are a close second. The ticket bank was nice but I can't fault them for taking that away and I at least still had 2 games to upgrade. Otherwise its been fine and fortunately I've sold enough games to cover majority of next year if I choose to do so.

They let you sit courtside for just shoot around or for the entire game? I had a rep years ago that use to give me courtside tickets to 1 or 2 games a year, on the floor, it was awesome, but those days have been over for a long time now. I give you credit, I'm not sure where your seats are, mine were in the lower bowl, and when I got the invoice for 2K last season I laughed. I'm not going to 20 games this year, but I'll probably get to at least a dozen, and I haven't spent more than $20 a ticket for the lower bowl. I use to really enjoy all the STH events and what not, but I just don't see the value in it.

I'll continue to support the team, but I think taking away the exchanges, ticket bank etc. they made a huge mistake, not to mention increasing the ticket prices after last season was a joke. They should have prayed everyone last year came back and left the entire program alone, not stripped away benefits for loyal fans that have supported this team for years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks