ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#81 » by marques-8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:19 pm

If all of the above happens, even if you drop your seats now, it will be very easy to get new seats late summer or fall, prior to the start of the 13/14 season.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#82 » by Steve210 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:26 pm

N8Frog wrote:
Steve 210:
I'm curious if you heard back from your account rep yet?

I'm in a similar situation as a lot on here, I have a 1/2 season Red Package and one of the main reason's I've had the package was because it allowed me the flexibility to exchange tickets, and since I travel occassionaly for work, without the option to exchange tickets, I see no real benefit in renewing.

I spoke to my rep. I didn't get the vibe they are going to be bring back any of the pulled perks. His manager did give the okay to allow some exchanges PRIOR to the season but they do not want in-season exchanges. So they did show some compromise. And I think its at an individual basis.

My personal feel from the call are the reps have strict orders on these changes. My rep needed manager review of allowing some exchanges. His first question back to me was if I donate tickets. The donating ticket question was kind of random, but seemed scripted. I'm guessing they were prepping for backlash.

So I guess they compromised a little bit. The easy choice I guess is to drop it, but then I could see a scenario where we clean house on the douche bag players this summer, new owner, and/or the team becomes enjoyable. I'll see...

Thanks for the update, I haven't talked to my rep yet about this, and I'm guessing she's going to be shocked when I tell her I'm not planning on renewing. By eliminating a number of the 1/2 season package benefits, increasing ticket prices, and since I'm not real happy with the current direction of the organization, I don't see them convincing me to stay. The ticket exchange for me is a really important factor, and without it, I'm better off going to the games, whenever I feel like and paying much less on most nights on StubHub. It will be interesting to see what kind of backlash they have, whoever is making these decisions, I think will have a lot of unhappy campers, and I think this organization can't afford to be pissing off the few people that actually have been supporting them for all these years.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#83 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah I wonder how much backlash they've gotten. Maybe they really haven't. But for me to inquire and question about coming back, I have to think a ton of others are. I was in the category as long as I'm not losing my a** on the investment that I will be back. Obviously these cuts make the investment a little worse.

Appreciate all of the opinions of STH, its nice to get the mindset of others. I'm half leaning towards staying b/c I have the money for the tickets ready, we still don't have kids, and maybe next year they bring back benefits. They've definitely made it a tougher decision this season.
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#84 » by Steve210 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 pm

N8Frog wrote:Yeah I wonder how much backlash they've gotten. Maybe they really haven't. But for me to inquire and question about coming back, I have to think a ton of others are. I was in the category as long as I'm not losing my a** on the investment that I will be back. Obviously these cuts make the investment a little worse.

Appreciate all of the opinions of STH, its nice to get the mindset of others. I'm half leaning towards staying b/c I have the money for the tickets ready, we still don't have kids, and maybe next year they bring back benefits. They've definitely made it a tougher decision this season.

Yep, I'm sure many others have similar opinions, and it makes me sick when I go on StubHub and I see tickets in my same section, and even the same row for about half of what I paid for them. I've been commited and a die hard fan my entire life, and I will continue to be a fan, but without all the benefits, especially the exchanges it doesn't make much sense for me to continue.

I wonder if they will address any of this stuff tomorrow during the conf. call?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#85 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Steve210 wrote:
N8Frog wrote:Yeah I wonder how much backlash they've gotten. Maybe they really haven't. But for me to inquire and question about coming back, I have to think a ton of others are. I was in the category as long as I'm not losing my a** on the investment that I will be back. Obviously these cuts make the investment a little worse.

Yep, I'm sure many others have similar opinions, and it makes me sick when I go on StubHub and I see tickets in my same section, and even the same row for about half of what I paid for them. I've been commited and a die hard fan my entire life, and I will continue to be a fan, but without all the benefits, especially the exchanges it doesn't make much sense for me to continue.

I wonder if they will address any of this stuff tomorrow during the conf. call?

I'm guessing not. Sure they will plug it as being a good deal and to renew by March 15th to guarantee your playoff seats. I think the call is Friday too, thought it was March 1st.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#86 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:25 pm

N8Frog wrote:By eliminating a number of the 1/2 season package benefits, increasing ticket prices, and since I'm not real happy with the current direction of the organization, I don't see them convincing me to stay.

This. At its core, it's not even the increased cost that ticks me off--it's the tone-deafness of increasing prices at a time like this. We season subscribers have to watch all these deals come across our Twitter feeds and TV screens ("Get in the door for '90s prices!") and know how much we spend to do the same. Then they up the price and cut back on benefits? After the steaming pile this team has served up this season? Good luck with that.
marques-8
Junior

Post#87 » by marques-8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Last season ticket holder out the door, please turn off the lights!
milwaukee bunks
Senior
And1: 434

Post#88 » by milwaukee bunks » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 pm

just got off the phone with my rep... they are definitely watching this thread as he knew exactly what post was mine, so they know what's out there. the call was short and really got nothing out of it, so still playing the waiting game.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#89 » by averageposter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:41 pm

I linked the thread in an email to my rep the first day or so when I followed up on my package.
THE DINJ
Starter

Post#90 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 pm

The problem is that I don't see how they stick this toothpaste back into the tube. All the mailers are sent out and people have already re-upped.
Steve210
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by Steve210 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

THE DINJ wrote:The problem is that I don't see how they stick this toothpaste back into the tube. All the mailers are sent out and people have already re-upped.

The mailers have gone out, the question is, how many people have actually re-upped? If a large percentage of their long time, loyal season ticket holders share the same opinions as many of us in here, hopefully that will lead to some changes.
THE DINJ
Starter

Post#92 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm not saying it's not possible, but it would be a very painful conversation to have to have. "We tried upping the prices and then the floor dropped out from under us so now your tickets are cheaper. Aren't you glad?"
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#93 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I feel bad for the reps. I have worked with a number of them over the years and all have been excellent. But at the end of the day they have their orders. I have had a bad feeling about relocation since Kohl announced he is stepping down from his senate seat. It seems like that was the one thing that kept the Bucks here was the political outcry if he were to move the team. But if he sells now there isn't a lot anyone can say. It almost feels like they want to show there is a lack of fan support and rather than acknowledge market realities they can take a one or two year hit if it means getting to a better location with more ticket sales, a better tv deal, a better arena, etc.

I would be devastated if it were to happen but I would also accept that its probably the correct financial outcome.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#94 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I feel bad for the reps. I have worked with a number of them over the years and all have been excellent. But at the end of the day they have their orders. I have had a bad feeling about relocation since Kohl announced he is stepping down from his senate seat. It seems like that was the one thing that kept the Bucks here was the political outcry if he were to move the team. But if he sells now there isn't a lot anyone can say. It almost feels like they want to show there is a lack of fan support and rather than acknowledge market realities they can take a one or two year hit if it means getting to a better location with more ticket sales, a better tv deal, a better arena, etc.

I would be devastated if it were to happen but I would also accept that its probably the correct financial outcome.

Kohl has already indicated he will commit "a significant amount" to the arena project from his personal funds.

What evidence is there about relocation?
THE DINJ
Starter

Post#95 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I question a lot of things about Kohl but never his love for his team. He won't sell unless he knows the team is staying here.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#96 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 pm

THE DINJ wrote:I'm not saying it's not possible, but it would be a very painful conversation to have to have. "We tried upping the prices and then the floor dropped out from under us so now your tickets are cheaper. Aren't you glad?"

They aren't going back on these decisions to change the season ticket package and values. But when I say "they", I don't blame the people in the sales offices. Someone above had the great idea to keep going hard at the perhaps 3,000 of us or whoever is left that keep buying either full or half-season packages.

I'm guessing that a number of us will vote with our non-renewals. You can only stare at that empty upper bowl and hear about "$50 seats with free $15 Piggly Wiggly gift card for only $15" on the in-game commercials so long before you give up.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
THE DINJ
Starter

Post#97 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Yeah, no hard feelings towards the ticket reps. They're just doing the best they can.

It's just a shame because it's probably the last straw for us. Team sucks, life changes (job, family), gas prices (we drive in from Madison), and now they're going to pull this? A winning team or a team with a bright future can get away with things that this one can't.
marques-8
Junior

Post#98 » by marques-8 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:34 pm

I agree that the acct. reps. are very nice, hard working people.Have dealt with several over the course of last few years. But after 21 years as a STH, enough is enough. These changes are the last straw,now will get tickets thru the various sites, and deals the Bucks offer in season.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#99 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 pm

averageposter wrote:I linked the thread in an email to my rep the first day or so when I followed up on my package.

milwaukee bunks wrote:just got off the phone with my rep... they are definitely watching this thread as he knew exactly what post was mine, so they know what's out there. the call was short and really got nothing out of it, so still playing the waiting game.

Interesting. Not sure if we have the same rep, but I didn't get the indication they knew of this thread when I talked to mine. I had phone conversations a few times. My name isn't hard to decipher and obviously I've been prevalent in this thread.

At this point I'm not expecting anything more than what's been placed in front of me. So its up to me to decide if I want in or just move on. I still have long term thoughts of someday when they are good, this will be a good investment. But then again if they pull stuff away now, what will they do if they ever win and demand is higher...?

And agree on the reps, the one I had in the mid-2000s and the one I have now were/are both very good. In the end they have orders to follow as said. But both are as accommodating as possible.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#100 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:I feel bad for the reps. I have worked with a number of them over the years and all have been excellent. But at the end of the day they have their orders. I have had a bad feeling about relocation since Kohl announced he is stepping down from his senate seat. It seems like that was the one thing that kept the Bucks here was the political outcry if he were to move the team. But if he sells now there isn't a lot anyone can say. It almost feels like they want to show there is a lack of fan support and rather than acknowledge market realities they can take a one or two year hit if it means getting to a better location with more ticket sales, a better tv deal, a better arena, etc.

Kohl has already indicated he will commit "a significant amount" to the arena project from his personal funds.

What evidence is there about relocation?

Its ALL conjecture. But the Bucks have one of the worst arenas in the NBA, they have very limited fan support (ticket sales), they have the WORST (by a lot) TV ratings (regional TV deal- LAL ~200M/yr Milw -8M/yr), etc. I sat courtside for a LeBron game for $25 once. There isn't another NBA city where this is possible. When Forbes did its NBA valuations the Bucks came in dead last at ~312MM. Seattle just bought majority share of a team for >525MM. Which means someone might be able to pocket 200M JUST by moving the Bucks. The team appears to be managed completely a short term basis (wouldn't extend BJ3, etc) without any long term considerations. It just feels like EVERYTHING skews that way.

I would agree that Kohl isn't moving them anywhere but he just retired from the US Senate. He isn't going to dive in as an NBA owner and work 100 hr weeks. He is also 78 years old and no one would begrudge him selling and while he has said he wants assurances a buyer would keep the team here, once he sells it all bets are off. And it has come up plenty.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks