ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals 

Post#101 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm

I'm surprised to see so many people consider their tickets an "investment" in that when the Bucks get good their tix are going to be significantly more valuable. Its a terrible thought process. When Miami signed the big three not only did all the promos go g'bye; all the ticket reps were let go and prices went way up. If demand goes up significantly tickets will go up accordingly. I get that the seats get marginally better every year should you want that, but don't count on ownership rewarding your loyalty.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#102 » by THE DINJ » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 am

The tickets are an "investment" only inasmuch as I really like my seats and if I left there's no way I'd get them back if the Bucks ever got good again.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#103 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Yeah I don't view it as a huge money making investment. But its nice to have your seat locked in throughout the season and the better your seat, the better re-sale you're going to have. And if you can use or make face value at worst back on your sales, you'll get a little profit. And if you want to sell your marquee and playoff games, you can make some good cash back. So you basically lock into your seat and can make a little cash in the process.

This is all if the ticket values improve again obviously. I think if the Bucks ever become around a 50 game winner and legit playoff team that the ticket market will drastically improve.
marques-8
Junior
And1: 34

Post#104 » by marques-8 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:38 pm

Am wondering with all these interesting comments in regards to renewing or not renewing, what did all the STH do? I chose not to renew.These changes and cost increase were just to much for me to continue.(so ends 21 years) I will still follow and support the Bucks, just won't do it with a full season pkg.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#105 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Mar 2, 2013 3:41 pm

Haven't decided yet. I want to stay on-board but we'll see.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#106 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Mar 4, 2013 3:23 pm

Poll added as its been mentioned a few times. You are allowed to change your vote.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#107 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Mar 4, 2013 9:10 pm

http://www.nba.com/pistons/seasontickets

Just curious what a similar organization, city is offering. Looks like lower prices and more incentive.
marques-8
Junior

Post#108 » by marques-8 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 4:03 pm

milwaukee bunks wrote:Been following for this board for a long time reading all of your comments, but this is the thread that finally forced me to make an account. I am so disgusted with the ticket renewals for next year that I will probably give mine up as well...

I have 4 tickets in 104, AAA, on the court across from the visitor's bench for all 41 games. They built the new "Backcourt Club" in the tunnel right next to the locker room and they were trying to sell tickets this year to anyone in AAA for $5,000 per seat that you had ($20,000 for my package), needless to say I passed. The only (real) perks of this club are free drinks and appetizers (which they don't deliver to your seat). I am lucky to spend more than $60 on per game for drinks for all 4 of my seats...

Turns out next year, that due to the "overwhelming success of the Backcourt Club" they are forcing anyone with AAA tickets to purchase these passes... My renewal went from ~$17,400 per seat, to ~$20,500 per seat, without the option to defer the Backcourt Club passes. They are basically forcing you to get these tickets or give up your court seats (when several of the court side seats are empty for most games as is). It just amazes me that attendance continues to drop and they continue to jack these prices up for useless amenities that I will never use, hell I didn't even step foot in the club when they were giving out free passes for a 6 game stretch earlier in January.

At this rate, I can see why fans don't want to go to games. Who wants to pay more money to see less talent year after year? It says a lot when we offer $6 ticket prices for upper level in February and the sections are still 90% empty. The fan support for this team is dwindling and the FO isn't doing much to help it except for gouging current subscribers more.

Am wondering what your decision was in regards to renewing your season tickets? Your situation is very interesting in regards to where your seats are, the price you were paying, and the huge increase you are being asked/forced to do.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#109 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 6, 2013 5:20 pm

Essentially 1 week to decide since I prefer to pay for Playoffs after instead of the full playoff and then get refunded. I'm actually leaning towards renewing and hoping they'll throw us a bone here and there during the season. And pipe dream, but if we can manage to do anything worthwhile in the playoffs maybe re-sell will initially be better next year.
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#110 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:10 pm

milwaukee bunks wrote:
N8Frog wrote:Wow that really s*cks they are forcing you into that club. I guess I've kind of known about it, but yet really didn't. Is it even appealing? All I can think of in that area is the below the bleachers which reminds me of when I was 6 years crawling under the bleachers at a high school basketball game. Really not that fun.

The few times i went out that end of the tunnel, it appeared to be only a handful of elderly people at the bar. my guess would be that it's mostly people that acquire the tickets from a season holder and don't get the opportunity every game. The appetizers, from what I hear, are nothing special either. I mean I'm already paying how much for my tickets, why would I want to have to walk to the other side of the arena mid game, to watch it on a 42" TV when I can sit in my seat and be an arm length's away, just to get a free drink that I can get delivered in my seat. I haven't had a chance to call my rep yet and get his 2 cents, but he better have a damn good reason or I won't be renewing.

I went through it a few times. Its a lovely area but there is nothing like sitting in those seats. Even pre-game I would much rather sit in those seats than go to a swanky sports bar. The problem, I imagine, is most of those tickets are used to take clients to games and the Bucks didn't have what every other pro sports team had, a swanky bar in which to do business. The Brewers have the .300/Metavante club (where I have spent plenty of batting practice sessions). But Brewers season ticket holders just sell them all off (they are a secondary ticket that comes with the package). It doesn't sound like this is an option. Its CERTAINLY not worth $80-90 per game per person. Thats laughable.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#111 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:16 pm

I went through it a few times. Its a lovely area but there is nothing like sitting in those seats. Even pre-game I would much rather sit in those seats than go to a swanky sports bar.

Can you see the court from this club? I don't really see the appeal if you can't. Why would anyone want to go here if you have literally the best seat in the house? I mean pre or post game I can maybe see it, but I wouldn't at any point go here during the game.

I respect the Bucks for trying to generate more revenue, increase "premium" amenties, etc though.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#112 » by Steve210 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:48 pm

N8Frog wrote:Essentially 1 week to decide since I prefer to pay for Playoffs after instead of the full playoff and then get refunded. I'm actually leaning towards renewing and hoping they'll throw us a bone here and there during the season. And pipe dream, but if we can manage to do anything worthwhile in the playoffs maybe re-sell will initially be better next year.

I voted undecided, but I'm leaning towards not renewing.

Also, I'm just curious, I saw a few tweets about season ticket holders meeting Brandon Jennings after a game one night, and Monta Ellis another night, has anyone here recieved these invitations? I know I haven't, I have a half season package, maybe they are just for the full season ticket holders?

Another question, in past seasons I was invited to pregame parties with our sales reps with free food and drinks usually a Q & A with Hammond and they would always have either trivia or a raffle to win stuff. This year I haven't been to any, and I'm curious if anyone has?

It seems like they have cut a lot of these benefits, or maybe they are now only for full season ticket holders?
HurricaneKid
General Manager

Post#113 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Mar 6, 2013 9:25 pm

N8Frog wrote:
I went through it a few times. Its a lovely area but there is nothing like sitting in those seats. Even pre-game I would much rather sit in those seats than go to a swanky sports bar.

Can you see the court from this club? I don't really see the appeal if you can't. Why would anyone want to go here if you have literally the best seat in the house? I mean pre or post game I can maybe see it, but I wouldn't at any point go here during the game.

I respect the Bucks for trying to generate more revenue, increase "premium" amenties, etc though.

Absolutely not. I think you even have to go through a curtain just in case you were considering trying to watch. I think most of us wouldn't spend more than a few minutes there to stuff face, and even then only before the game or at halftime for a few minutes, given his proximity.

I like the idea of adding extra amenities. One of the biggest strikes against the franchise is the BC and lack of such extras. But it strikes me as presumptive to force them, at great expense, on their best clients. Perhaps some of the larger businesses that have rights on most of the elite seats will enjoy this "extra". I suspect they are just watching what the one guy who sells these seats regularly on Stubhub gets for them and are trying to justify such increases on this "extra".

I once had 3rd row seats on the dugout at a Brewer game. It turned out Glavine was going for his 300th win. EVERYONE around me was a Met fan that had bought their tix over the last few days and flew in for the game. They all said it was MUCH cheaper to fly in for the game and pay bloated Milw pricing than fight scalpers off in NY for what would have been a reasonable seat at Shea/Citi. One of the revenue problems the Bucks have is that they aren't getting what other teams are getting for these high end seats. It doesn't surprise me they are putting pressure on the existing pricing model for these. In LA they are 8-10k. In Milw they were $400. Now they are almost $500. I think 3-4 years ago they were ~$300.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#114 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Mar 8, 2013 1:37 am

http://www.nba.com/bucks/mvp --- watch the Henson video.

Paschke: "...We listen to your ideas (pause) well most of them..." LOL, subliminal message to this thread. :)

Besides the short shorts, love the uniform Henson is wearing.

...and I did decide to renew. I'm not thrilled with the cuts (obviously), but I had the cash there and we'll see what next year brings. If its a hassle and I don't get much value out of it, I'll be done.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#115 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 3:06 am

Steve210 wrote:
It seems like they have cut a lot of these benefits, or maybe they are now only for full season ticket holders?

They have cut out a lot of the benefits like you described for half season packages.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#116 » by blazza18 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 3:13 am

N8Frog wrote:Besides the short shorts, love the uniform Henson is wearing.

:nod: Yea I love it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Post#117 » by Steve210 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Steve210 wrote:

They have cut out a lot of the benefits like you described for half season packages.

Which makes my decision that much easier, I guess I'll be going the StubHub route after this season. Taking away these benefits in my opinion was not a very good business decision; I'm guessing they are going to lose a lot of the half season ticket holders.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#118 » by averageposter » Fri Mar 8, 2013 7:57 pm

I decided to renew. I guess I fall into the category that uses the game nights as an excuse to make a day or night of it in Milwaukee, I'm from Fond du Lac. Its our date night for lack of a better term. If you can make a sporting event your date night, you don't ask questions, you just do it and don't look back.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#119 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Mar 8, 2013 9:13 pm

averageposter wrote:I decided to renew. I guess I fall into the category that uses the game nights as an excuse to make a day or night of it in Milwaukee, I'm from Fond du Lac. Its our date night for lack of a better term. If you can make a sporting event your date night, you don't ask questions, you just do it and don't look back.

Yeah, my wife was still on-board with renewing so may as well take advantage of that before kids come into the picture. For me I just know if I stop that I am never going to get them again. I'll buy myself a year and maybe next year they bring some stuff back. We'll see. Still not happy with cuts, but yeah...

Judging from a real small sample size. Of the 9 decided, 6 are out --- Bucks better hope that is the percentage overall as that's 66% people NOT renewing. Obviously I'm sure its not that high.
marques-8
Junior

Post#120 » by marques-8 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Last day for STH to renew and reap "all the benefits" of watching this team play for the 13/14 season. Plus literally half the team and coaches could be gone. Any or all of the guards, Pryz.,Dalem.,Daniels,Ayon,Ish,Dunl.,not that most of these would be missed, but so much uncertainty heading into the off season ,which it seems no real plans from the decision makers. Just keep throwing stuff at the walls and hope something sticks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks