ImageImage

2017-18 Bucks Ticket Thread - Single Game Tix Now On Sale - Page 36

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Re: OT: STH Thread (Pg. 17 - 2015/16 Renewals) 

Post#341 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:10 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Toodles1980 wrote:I think you and I are in the same seating level (2nd row, upper deck corner), and I noticed that if you didn't renew by May 1st the price really jumped, two seats increased by $132 for that section after May 1st. We also seem to be grandfathered in to getting ticket credits (new half season doesn't get those I believe). So there are some perks to sticking with it. At least that's what I tell myself when the Bucks give away 8 tickets for $39 on Black Friday (or whatever that deal wound up being).

Lol, true on that last sentence. Yeah, I have upper corner/first row (had 2nd row for playoffs due to not having priority on my seats). That's interesting the prices increased after May 1st. Back when I signed up (2009 maybe) my intentions were to lock in at a good rate and hope to be grandfathered in, didn't think it take 6 years to maybe get some perks with keeping a decent price/credits. The ticket credits are nice. Glad there may be some light in the tunnel for sticking with it.

At least until we get a new arena and get priced out, lol.

I also have 2nd level corner seats in row 1 (first year season ticket holder). I was told by the rep that they should have estimates pretty early on in the arena development on season ticket plans. I doubt the value will be anywhere as good as what we currently have though lol. The price of becoming relevant

That would be kind of cool to get advance notice. I agree, I expect some of the value to go away and understandably. I just hope it isn't an extreme spike or that the affordable tickets are atrocious viewing.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#342 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Can anyone summarize the perks of being a full season ticket holder?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#343 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:33 pm

M-C-G wrote:Can anyone summarize the perks of being a full season ticket holder?

Full season you're going to get the most perks. They've cut quite a bit on the half in the last couple years. But for full you'll get...

Ticket Credits/Exchange
Playoff Priority
Assuming decent discount off face value
I believe lower level you get parking and concession cards unless it has changed.
Loyalty Program (I miss this in the half)
Pro Shop discount
Invites to many events on and off season.

If I lived closer to MKE I think I would do the full plan as the perks are are better.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#344 » by DickCunningham » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
DickCunningham wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Do you get to pick all 10 of your games in the 10 pack? Or do you get a pool of games to pick from so you don't pick all of the "Marquee" ones?

Sounds like half season games out later this week.

You get to pick out all 10 games in the ten pack. Last year, the opener was free and a bonus to the ten games. I did put end up putting a deposit down on a ten pack for this year. I picked out about 20 weekend games and asked my ticket rep to put together a proposal for ten of the cheaper games. He said he thought that would work out for me, but they hadn't decided individual game pricing when I last emailed him

Oh that makes sense. You can pick the games you want, but will pay more if you want all the "good" games. Do you get much of a discount off face value? I know face on the Bulls/Cavs games last year ran like $42/ticket for corner uppers (low rows).

I don't believe so. You do get to pick your seats/tickets before they go on sale to the general public. For me, that means I can pick a disability seat for my son and I that gives us a little more space for his service dog and also pick the section closest to the good microbrew beer stand (for me). Last year, we sat in the same seats for 90% of the ten pack. I requested the same seats for this season.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#345 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Full season you're going to get the most perks. They've cut quite a bit on the half in the last couple years. But for full you'll get...

They have sort of moved the value proposition back to about where we were in 2005. My own experience is that right after the Bogut/Stotts/Yi/CV pairings didn't lead us out of the cellar, the fan interest dropped drastically in 2007 (if you recall bag night was March 2008) and they started discounting tickets and offering amazing perks to retain the full season and half-season base they had.

I think the first sign of the collapse was that weekday home game the Bucks played against Philly in Nov/Dec 2007 when the team was 7-4 and coming off big wins over the Lakers and Dallas, but the crowd for the Philly game was tiny. I was stunned that night that the place was a morgue. GAD remarked that he spoke with Charlie Bell who told him the team was stunned at how bad the crowd was.

I use that as the marker for the day in Bucks history the casual fan said "we don't buy this". It was all downhill from there as it related to attendance and the ticket deals kept getting better and better until finally the league reportedly stepped in two years ago and asked the Bucks to tighten things up. And of course now under new owners and a better product the costs are going to make some leaps.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#346 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm

I've heard the same thing and that's when the NBA sent in some of their crew to "help" our marketing/sales departments. There's always the thinking that an empty seat brings in no revenue so it's better to do everything you can to put someone in a seat so they will (hopefully) spend some money at the game. The Bucks had a ghost town at the BC and good seats going for peanuts on Stubhub so I can understand why they so heavily offered big discounts. Of course then you tick off the season ticket holders. It's a fine line.

Next year the big push will be to sign up for a package to ensure you get first dibs in the new arena.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#347 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 pm

As a half-season package guy, it got so insanely good for awhile there that you couldn't help but renew. At one point you got $300 of food vouchers, $100 merchandise card, ticket bank, etc, etc. It is why Old Skool comes to these games even though he's a Bulls fan. He gets to see top ranked NBA basketball for what was the best deal in the NBA.

The whole discounting ties in with where the mentality of the front office was in that era. They would literally evaluate each potential personnel move on whether or not it would impact their ability to retain season ticket holders. And then at the table one of the crew would pipe up that "move x" would cause attendance to decline further and couldn't be done for that reason. I think there were all good and well meaning people during that era, but organizationally it just got to be too much. Thankfully Kohl made the decision to move forward and find good owners and help get the new arena done.

ETA: As I've noted before, I feel good for the folks in the organization now. They finally have some special things to sell to the fanbase. I've always been treated well by all of them back then and now as well, they just didn't have the needed resources to compete. I think they will now retake a lot of dollars from the Brewers over the next 24-months.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#348 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:04 pm

I remember my first year (09-10) after a few year hiatus I was allowed to "bank" credits for games I didn't use. So I essentially didn't go to like 6-7 games and cashed in my paid value for these awesome lower level seats. I was able to do that a couple years in a row and was perfect for a guy like me being a longer drive away. I was surprised they allowed it - obviously don't anymore.

I've benefited from a ton of perks throughout the years as a result of bad product on the court, but would much rather have a ticket demand based of a good product and give up some of those items. I still have pretty good value. We'll see what the new arena eventually brings, look forward to it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#349 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:10 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:As a half-season package guy, it got so insanely good for awhile there that you couldn't help but renew. At one point you got $300 of food vouchers, $100 merchandise card, ticket bank, etc, etc. It is why Old Skool comes to these games even though he's a Bulls fan. He gets to see top ranked NBA basketball for what was the best deal in the NBA.

Exactly. I was paying $600 total for my seats but getting $100-150 of concessions, all these upgrades, and even one year I got a free plane ticket (when Midwest Airlines was still a thing) that ended up being a $250 savings when we went to New Orleans. I essentially had to sell like 5 games, go to a handful, and it was a benefit.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#350 » by DickCunningham » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 pm

Still get the season opener free when buying the ten pack.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#351 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Sep 8, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm prepping myself for the ticket price shock on the secondary market this year. I think the days of finding $20 lower bowl or $5 side upper on the secondary market are over with the rising popularity of the Bucks. Jabari and Giannis look like 2 rising stars fans can get excited about now. If you enjoy NBA basketball in general, we have been spoiled the past few years.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,268

Post#352 » by KidA24 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 10:44 pm

When you're looking at $350 per seat for a 10 game pack in the upper corners, that's a bit outrageous, IMO. I can't swing 4 seats at that price for that crappy location.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#353 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:00 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm prepping myself for the ticket price shock on the secondary market this year. I think the days of finding $20 lower bowl or $5 side upper on the secondary market are over with the rising popularity of the Bucks. Jabari and Giannis look like 2 rising stars fans can get excited about now. If you enjoy NBA basketball in general, we have been spoiled the past few years.

I think week night games vs. bland teams still won't have much of a market but weekends/marquee games I suspect will see a slight increase to start and then depends on how the season goes. If the team plays well, yeah I think the casual fans will start buying into the Bucks and with the Brewers kind of fading, some of that money may shift a bit.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#354 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:20 pm

Prince12 wrote:Seen that MVP ticket holder deal on the broadcast. I'm willing to talk business with anyone who wants to make some cash on the signed jersey of choice.

Have any season ticket holders gotten asked about this yet? I haven't heard anything, figured something would come with our season ticket package which I received earlier in the week. I haven't gotten that merch pack either.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#355 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:11 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I'm prepping myself for the ticket price shock on the secondary market this year. I think the days of finding $20 lower bowl or $5 side upper on the secondary market are over with the rising popularity of the Bucks. Jabari and Giannis look like 2 rising stars fans can get excited about now. If you enjoy NBA basketball in general, we have been spoiled the past few years.

Yep. It's looking pretty pricey at this moment.

No way I'm going to find a way to get to 30+ games this season.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#356 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Oct 7, 2015 4:28 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Seen that MVP ticket holder deal on the broadcast. I'm willing to talk business with anyone who wants to make some cash on the signed jersey of choice.

Have any season ticket holders gotten asked about this yet? I haven't heard anything, figured something would come with our season ticket package which I received earlier in the week. I haven't gotten that merch pack either.

I haven't asked my rep about it, but a while back he had said that we get to choose our player so I think they will call around the opening game and ask us which player we want. I got my two ticket cards and pin in the mail yesterday and it doesn't mention it anywhere in the box. Super slick presentation though.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#357 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:33 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I haven't asked my rep about it, but a while back he had said that we get to choose our player so I think they will call around the opening game and ask us which player we want. I got my two ticket cards and pin in the mail yesterday and it doesn't mention it anywhere in the box. Super slick presentation though.

Probably a little gratuitous but each year their boxes/presentation is pretty good. I was a little surprised that it was just the cards, pin, and coupon though - usually get a ton more info. I haven't asked about any of those goods yet either. I still haven't decided who I want. I'm sure Parker and Giannis will be majority. Mayo was my off the wall choice, but don't like that he isn't #00 anymore.
TripGs
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#358 » by TripGs » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Is it just me or are the fan giveaways usually announced by now? I thought the scarf and hat giveaway was awesome last year, and of course the bobbleheads. Maybe they are waiting until closer to the games? Anyone know anything?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#359 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:32 pm

TripGs wrote:Is it just me or are the fan giveaways usually announced by now? I thought the scarf and hat giveaway was awesome last year, and of course the bobbleheads. Maybe they are waiting until closer to the games? Anyone know anything?

On Twitter they just keep saying soon. Opening night is usually a free t shirt. I hope they do the beer stein again this year.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#360 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Heads up, they released it on the app. Go to promotions then giveaway schedule. Rally towel game 1. The Ugly Sweater Beanie on 12/23 looks real nice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks