yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

OT: STH Thread (Pg. 16: Ownership Change)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Will you get season tickets in 2014-15

Yes, Always Do
10%
Yes, Future Has Me Excited
19%
No Chance
11%
Undecided, lets see how the summer plays out
59%

Total votes : 79

Post#31 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:07 pm by Mr Glass

Just when I was in the position to start researching if season tickets would be worth it versus going the stubhub or Craigslist route 10-15 times per year.

Sounds like I shouldnt waste my time.

Lower level, non-baseline or corner tickets for ~$20 (non-Laker, Thunder, Heat, Bulls) sounds like the route I'll be sticking to.
"I should've known way back when. You know why Herb? Because of the kids! They called me Mr Glass."
Mr Glass

Freshman
And1: 1

Post#32 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 pm by Thunder Muscle

With the likelihood of a major trade going down by the minute, this could indeed be the iceberg as PP put it. I think the remaining diehards are going to lose it, there is no benefit incentive anymore, and this team is on the verge of falling out of the playoffs again. If we stand pat we are not making it, period.
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM
And1: 262

Post#33 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm by MKElightitup

Half season, upper level ticket holder for several years. Part of the reason I get tickets is the benefits. I know I can't make every game and I sure as hell know I can't resell my tickets. So the benefits (concessions card, interest, prizes, ticket bank, etc) make up the difference. With this stuff gone, I'm gone.

If I can pay $15 to sit lower level for just about any game, why would I even consider renewing at this point?

The first year I signed up I got all of this years benefits, plus 10,000 Midwest Express miles, which pushed me over the top for a free companion flight. 2013-2014 benefits would include: free ticket forwarding, exclusive email updates, and a scarf. :roll:
MKElightitup
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#34 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm by Thunder Muscle

Talked to my rep today and for any half season holder here I did get confirmation that the loyalty and exchange programs are for the full season holders only. The half season does get 4 "ticket credit" which he said can be used as upgrade vouchers. And there isn't any concession cash for the half season 400 level anymore.

But we got Redick today... :-?
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM

Post#35 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:26 pm by JayMKE

you get an exclusive scarf tho?
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE

RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#36 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm by InsideOut

I think the Bucks have been watching the attendance and figured the free stuff isn't needed. As has been said before on this board, the only people buying tickets are the business's that buy every year and the diehard fans that will show up no matter what the Bucks put out on the floor.

I sit on a marketing committee at work and we have dealt with this issue in the past. If most of the free stuff is going to the people that are doing business's with you anyway and it's not attracting new business then you are just wasting money. Sure, they realize they will lose some fans but they did the math and figure they will make it all back by not having to give the free stuff to those of you that will keep buying tickets no matter what. To me this is a sign the Bucks feel they have hit rock bottom in tickets sales. If the team was ever going to blow it up now would be the time to do it.
John “Fred Sanford” Hammond.

Dealing in junk, scrap and unwanted players since 2008.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 243

Post#37 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm by averageposter

I haven't had a chance to look, how much has a full season lower bowl benefit package changed?
averageposter
Rookie
And1: 63

Post#38 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:03 pm by Thunder Muscle

averageposter wrote:I haven't had a chance to look, how much has a full season lower bowl benefit package changed?

I've only been a half season, but I know the loyalty program changed for both packages. I think like the ticket bank is completely gone. It looks like some prices may have increased for lower bowl. I think the half season is got more cut than the full season, which is understandable I guess. Bucks aren't going to miss my business, I get that.

bucks.com/mvp lists the benefits.
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM

Post#39 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:56 pm by milwaukee bunks

Been following for this board for a long time reading all of your comments, but this is the thread that finally forced me to make an account. I am so disgusted with the ticket renewals for next year that I will probably give mine up as well...

I have 4 tickets in 104, AAA, on the court across from the visitor's bench for all 41 games. They built the new "Backcourt Club" in the tunnel right next to the locker room and they were trying to sell tickets this year to anyone in AAA for $5,000 per seat that you had ($20,000 for my package), needless to say I passed. The only (real) perks of this club are free drinks and appetizers (which they don't deliver to your seat). I am lucky to spend more than $60 on per game for drinks for all 4 of my seats...

Turns out next year, that due to the "overwhelming success of the Backcourt Club" they are forcing anyone with AAA tickets to purchase these passes... My renewal went from ~$17,400 per seat, to ~$20,500 per seat, without the option to defer the Backcourt Club passes. They are basically forcing you to get these tickets or give up your court seats (when several of the court side seats are empty for most games as is). It just amazes me that attendance continues to drop and they continue to jack these prices up for useless amenities that I will never use, hell I didn't even step foot in the club when they were giving out free passes for a 6 game stretch earlier in January.

At this rate, I can see why fans don't want to go to games. Who wants to pay more money to see less talent year after year? It says a lot when we offer $6 ticket prices for upper level in February and the sections are still 90% empty. The fan support for this team is dwindling and the FO isn't doing much to help it except for gouging current subscribers more.
milwaukee bunks
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#40 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm by paulpressey25

milwaukee bunks wrote:Been following for this board for a long time reading all of your comments, but this is the thread that finally forced me to make an account. I am so disgusted with the ticket renewals for next year that I will probably give mine up as well...

Welcome and don't be a stranger here.

As that ticket base keeps dropping, one would think they would realize the problem is the way the team is run. And not take it out on those of us who actually keep writing checks for tickets each year.

They are going to lose renewals and wonder what happened.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 2,249

Post#41 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 pm by Thunder Muscle

Wow that really s*cks they are forcing you into that club. I guess I've kind of known about it, but yet really didn't. Is it even appealing? All I can think of in that area is the below the bleachers which reminds me of when I was 6 years crawling under the bleachers at a high school basketball game. Really not that fun.

I think the Bucks have been watching the attendance and figured the free stuff isn't needed. As has been said before on this board, the only people buying tickets are the business's that buy every year and the diehard fans that will show up no matter what the Bucks put out on the floor.

This very well could be. They have really cheaped out on everything. I got the print information today and it includes the invoice, a letter from Steinmiller, and a really vague color print of some of the benefits. In previous years it came in a nice folder with each benefit explained.

I think they're running out of answers to get people to the games. Its the direction of the organization. I can't even say the product is bad, its mediocre. People are sick of not making the playoffs, but then also not getting any star talent in the draft b/c of where we are picking.

My rep didn't even make a sales pitch when I said I was going to have to think about renewing. He was friendly as always, but almost defeated in that he's expecting people to not renew. Just my personal feel. I could be wrong.
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM

Post#42 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm by paulpressey25

I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

At some point you've got to have some accomplishments or a top draft pick to sell. They have neither.
I don't tweet much, but when I do, it is the same garbage you get from me on here:

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
paulpressey25

Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 2,249

Post#43 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm by JBucks

paulpressey25 wrote:I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

At some point you've got to have some accomplishments or a top draft pick to sell. They have neither.

I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.
JBucks

Analyst
And1: 180

Post#44 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm by Thunder Muscle

paulpressey25 wrote:I feel sorry for those reps. They try hard but have a terrible product to sell. They've got to be all complaining to each other in private that they have to go out and sell ticket increases along with less benefits with the packages.

Yeah I feel bad for anybody on commission. What have they had to sell in the last 10 years? Andrew Bogut in 2005-06 would've been a big one. Brandon Jennings/Bogut after the FTD run slightly, but BJ3 kinda faltered at the end of that season to kill some buzz. All-Star Redd came after the Big 3/Karl era was dismantled so buzz was down. Richard Jefferson wasn't a big enough name. Skiles didn't have any Finals experience to drum up buzz. Monta Ellis wasn't a household name. And the team hasn't been out of the 1st round in 12 years. Not much there.
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM

Post#45 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 pm by marques-8

I keep hoping this ticket renewal info is just a bad dream ! At some point, and before it is totally irreversable ,the Bucks have to realize,these new policies are just terrible. Everywhere you read, season ticket holders are very upset and angry over the support we have given this team, only to be asked to give more and receive less both on and off the court. Last fan out,please turn off the lights!
marques-8
Junior
And1: 31

Post#46 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm by RealAbstract

My friends talked me into renewing for this year and I'm regretting it. I won't be back next year. I am a die hard fan for many years, but man it's hard to go to all the games in my 21 pack.
RealAbstract
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#47 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 am by InsideOut

JBucks wrote:
I was approached by a rep last year at some promotional event off-site from the BC and immediately told him I wouldn't be buying anything until Hammond was let loose. The look I got back was priceless.

I had a similar experience. A rep got my name off a list in Milwaukee magazine. He was calling all the names and trying to talk me into season tickets and how I could use it for entertaining people. I thought it showed some real hustle on his part to be cold calling people. I ended up getting into a long debate with the guy but we kept it respectful and he was a very nice guy and we agreed to disagree. I said they have no direction and he said give it time. I said I've been waiting over a decade. He said we were close.

I felt bad and was even embarrassed for the guy as he was trying to get me pumped to spend thousands to watch the same movie I've watched the past dozen years. He did offer me a free pair of great seats for this season but I never even bothered to call him this season.. When you can't give away seats for $6 I can't imagine trying to talk people into spending thousands on an inferior product.
John “Fred Sanford” Hammond.

Dealing in junk, scrap and unwanted players since 2008.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 243

Post#48 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 am by Charcoal Filtered

milwaukee bunks wrote:
My renewal went from ~$17,400 per seat, to ~$20,500 per seat, .

Pretty lame adding $70 per seat for food. If it was such a success, you would think they would not have to force anyone to buy it.

Checked your STB's and like the parking, upgrades, and ticket exchanges. Resale market is pretty soft and would have a tough time being a season ticket holder there though. Blazers started giving discounts according to how many years you have been with the team. I think everyone here is afraid to give up their seats because of it.
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9

Post#49 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 am by Thunder Muscle

Blazers started giving discounts according to how many years you have been with the team. I think everyone here is afraid to give up their seats because of it.

The Bucks started this 2 years ago and last year had an excellent loyalty program imo. It was tiered out by years of being holder, you got a ton of ticket bank money, additional concessions, and they would increase your exchanges (half season). Now they eliminated the ticket bank, cut the concession amount, and eliminated the program altogether for the half season. So now people are p*ssed b/c they are taking stuff away. They should've just started out with small benefits instead of going big, and pulling stuff away from us. Nobody would be complaining over something we've never had.

I do have a hard time giving up my tenure if you will. Next year will be year 5 and often puts a person in the next tier. So I'm debating paying for next year and seeing if they bring back benefits. Or just saying the hell with it.
TBD
Thunder Muscle

RealGM

Post#50 Re: OT: 13-14 Season Ticket Renewals
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 am by marques-8

Totally agree with you. How did the Bucks ever think STH would ever be happy over these price increases and perk cutbacks. It is a terrible "reward" for loyalty!
marques-8
Junior
And1: 31

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks