Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and Udrih

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,566

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and U 

Post#861 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 am

jeremyd236 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Does the weird love Magic fans have for JJ Redick remind anyone else of the love Warrior fans had for Ekpe Udoh?

Yes, but I think that's normal. Generally, fans like the players on the teams they cheer for, especially the players that play on that team for several seasons.

We generally hate every player that comes into Milwaukee by the time they leave. Honestly, can't think of one player this board has liked for their entire tenure on the Bucks. So it's not surprising how crazy it seems to us.

Edit: Oops, thought you meant Ellis instead of Udoh.

There were a lot of Warrior fans that loved Monta but there were a lot that disliked him but they all were really P.O.'d they gave up Udoh for whatever reason.
FREE GIANNIS
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#862 » by Sherman Douglas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Max Green wrote:
Aren't you the same guy who proclaimed Henson would be out of the league before his rookie deal was up and that Larry couldn't play Center. You should be the last one mocking someone.

Sorry, didn't notice this till now.

Aren't you the guy with the Michael Redd avatar and not in an ironic way? You should be the last one mocking someone.
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#863 » by jtrinaldi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 pm

The only reason I have liked this Redick trade is because it has made Brandon accountable,or lake there of, and his true colors are coming out.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#864 » by Max Green » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

Sherman Douglas wrote:
Max Green wrote:
Aren't you the same guy who proclaimed Henson would be out of the league before his rookie deal was up and that Larry couldn't play Center. You should be the last one mocking someone.

Aren't you the guy with the Michael Redd avatar and not in an ironic way? You should be the last one mocking someone.

Really, not only did you have his face as an avatar you named yourself Sherman **** Douglas.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#865 » by Sherman Douglas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Max Green wrote:
Sherman Douglas wrote:
Max Green wrote:

Really, not only did you have his face as an avatar you named yourself Sherman **** Douglas.

1. Shermdog > Redd
2. It's ironic, hence my "and not in an ironic way" comment.
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#866 » by Ballah » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 am

JayMKE wrote:Does the weird love Magic fans have for JJ Redick remind anyone else of the love Warrior fans had for Ekpe Udoh?

Reddick plays hard, improves EVERY year, is smart as ****, shoots like a demon and shows up every game. There is nothing "weird" about loving a player like that.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,684

Post#867 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 am

Well to be fair, JJ is actually a good player on top of looking good on +/-.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#868 » by Ayt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 am

Ballah wrote:

Reddick plays hard, improves EVERY year, is smart as ****, shoots like a demon and shows up every game. There is nothing "weird" about loving a player like that.

I hate this trade and think it will go down as one of the worst in the NBA overall over the next 10 years, but I agree that Redick is a rock solid SG. It is easy to understand why fans would have a huge amount of respect for his game. That is especially true since they had watched him improve his game over the years after coming out of Duke. He has worked his ass off to become a rock solid SG on both ends of the court.

I've railed against this trade as much as anyone, but I hope we keep Redick for as much as 4 years, 32M. My disdain is tied entirely to how highly I thought of Tobias.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#869 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 9, 2013 1:39 am

Can we keep an eye on how Redick does bringing the ball up and facilitating the offense in the remaining two months? He played a third of his minutes at PG in Orlando this season; I'm wondering if he couldn't at least be an option if we don't draft our PG of the future or sign Ellis (ugh). Obviously not ideal, but he's a smarter player than the idiot we currently have.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#870 » by AussieBuck » Sat Mar 9, 2013 1:44 am

DrugBust wrote:Can we keep an eye on how Redick does bringing the ball up and facilitating the offense in the remaining two months? He played a third of his minutes at PG in Orlando this season; I'm wondering if he couldn't at least be an option if we don't draft our PG of the future or sign Ellis (ugh). Obviously not ideal, but he's a smarter player than the idiot we currently have.

We'd still need a secondary ball handler on the court.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#871 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 9, 2013 1:45 am

AussieBuck wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Can we keep an eye on how Redick does bringing the ball up and facilitating the offense in the remaining two months? He played a third of his minutes at PG in Orlando this season; I'm wondering if he couldn't at least be an option if we don't draft our PG of the future or sign Ellis (ugh). Obviously not ideal, but he's a smarter player than the idiot we currently have.

We'd still need a secondary ball handler on the court.

Oh, absolutely.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,997

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and Udrih 

Post#872 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:12 pm

Bumping this one back onto the front page. KidA24 reminded us of today being the 8-year anniversary of this deal.

That was just an amazing last 60 minutes of that trade deadline that day. As a reminder, the first round pick we retained (by the Josh Smith part not going through) ended up being the Giannis pick only four months later.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks