Post#761 » by Bfinkish » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:12 pm

who is gonna be our back up pg?
God is good.
Jval17
Banned User
And1: 80

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and U 

Post#762 » by Jval17 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Hey guys raptors fan here... just wondering why you guys dislike the JJ trade so much? On the raptors board, we are all pissed off that this trade improves you guys and hurts our chances of catching you for the 8th seed. On top of that, JJ is an excellent shooter and the best player in the deal. Can I know your perspectives on the deal?
MoneyInDaBank07
Junior
And1: 210

Post#763 » by MoneyInDaBank07 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Am I missing something?? Is there anything that Redick does that Dunleavy doesn't?? Their per 36 min stats and TS% are essentially the same. Seem like clones of each other. Why not just resign Duns on the cheap rather than splurge on Redick in the offseason. Shooters gon shoot no matter their age.
"I love Sam Cassell. He's a great guy, but he does look like E.T." - Charles Barkley
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#764 » by crkone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Come on guys....
1. Redick
2. ???????
3. 2nd round

or wait no...
1. Redick
2. ???????
3. 8th seed

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#765 » by BigDoggyStyle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Bfinkish wrote:who is gonna be our back up pg?

Ellis and Redick
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#766 » by jtrinaldi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Jval17 wrote:Hey guys raptors fan here... just wondering why you guys dislike the JJ trade so much? On the raptors board, we are all pissed off that this trade improves you guys and hurts our chances of catching you for the 8th seed. On top of that, JJ is an excellent shooter and the best player in the deal. Can I know your perspectives on the deal?

We dislike him so much because we know how bad our organization will **** up by giving him a massive payday
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#767 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:48 pm

"I'm open to coming back to Milwaukee"

"I'm committed to helping this team make the playoffs and hopefully move up to the 7th or 6th seed."

-JJ Redick
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#768 » by wichmae » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Magic Website roster updated, Rockets Website roster updated, Celtics Website roster updated, and Atlanta Website roster updated (two very minor trades). Milwaukee website still has Tobias, Doron, and Beno as roster members.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#769 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 pm

wichmae wrote:Magic Website roster updated, Rockets Website roster updated, Celtics Website roster updated, and Atlanta Website roster updated (two very minor trades). Milwaukee website still has Tobias, Doron, and Beno as roster members.

Gardner must be in charge of that in addition to his JS duties.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#770 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 pm

wichmae wrote:Magic Website roster updated, Rockets Website roster updated, Celtics Website roster updated, and Atlanta Website roster updated (two very minor trades). Milwaukee website still has Tobias, Doron, and Beno as roster members.

:nonono:
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Post#771 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
ETA: Assuming they use him correctly. Which they won't. But if they tried to minimize the time Jennings and Ellis are together, this could be fun.

I agree that Redick could be a perfect fit. He's like a prime or better version of Ridnour.

But the coaching part is the wildcard for me as we head down the stretch. At this point Boylan has enough of a roster that he should be able to finish at 43-39. But whether he is able to keep these guys together and motivated, much less proper X and O's remains to be seen.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,843

Post#772 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
ETA: Assuming they use him correctly. Which they won't. But if they tried to minimize the time Jennings and Ellis are together, this could be fun.

I agree that Redick could be a perfect fit. He's like a prime or better version of Ridnour.

But the coaching part is the wildcard for me as we head down the stretch. At this point Boylan has enough of a roster that he should be able to finish at 43-39. But whether he is able to keep these guys together and motivated, much less proper X and O's remains to be seen.

Yeah, the whole "win-now with an interim coach" thing still kind of blows my mind. It's not unheard of, but it's kind of bs.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Post#773 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:57 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
Yeah, the whole "win-now with an interim coach" thing still kind of blows my mind. It's not unheard of, but it's kind of bs.

Suprisingly, we haven't touched this issue on the board at all. But the next two weeks of results on the court will tell us whether this is a major issue or not.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#774 » by H2tObes » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in this thread, but I'm pretty interested in how Jennings will perform with a good sg that fits well with him. Wouldn't be suprised to see his apg go up by 1 and his shot volume go down, which would be a pretty big leap for brandon
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#775 » by jimmybones » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Jval17 wrote:Hey guys raptors fan here... just wondering why you guys dislike the JJ trade so much? On the raptors board, we are all pissed off that this trade improves you guys and hurts our chances of catching you for the 8th seed. On top of that, JJ is an excellent shooter and the best player in the deal. Can I know your perspectives on the deal?

lulz

RickInCali
Junior
And1: 1

Post#776 » by RickInCali » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:29 pm

I think you should look at @herbkohl on twitter. Right above the post from his good friend Al Franken. THAT is the page to post your hatred to our senile owner.
We all need hope, but hope is not a plan.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#777 » by bullox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

I just realized that the Bucks no longer have all of the players in the league whose last names begin with the letter U. Now they only have half of them. I am saddened by this development.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#778 » by Scoops » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Scoops wrote:Sorry for citing the one trade that realistically could have happened and the assets it would have taken to make it happen. Again, what would you guys have liked to have seen yesterday to turn the franchise around knowing that Monta has no value and that every team is aware that Brandon is a FA after this year

???
Go Bucks!
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#779 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Moving Dalembert would of been nice. I'm not sure why we kept him around when he at least had value around the league.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Vandal4Life
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#780 » by Vandal4Life » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41 am

MoneyInDaBank07 wrote:Am I missing something?? Is there anything that Redick does that Dunleavy doesn't?? Their per 36 min stats and TS% are essentially the same. Seem like clones of each other. Why not just resign Duns on the cheap rather than splurge on Redick in the offseason. Shooters gon shoot no matter their age.

That's roughly what an NBA scout told SI.com. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130222/nba-trade-deadline-collective-bargaining-agreement/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp#all

On the Bucks' acquisition of J.J. Redick: "If I'm with the Bucks, I'm asking, 'What does J.J. Redick give me? I'm in the eighth seed already. Is he going to help me beat Miami?' They've already got Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings getting all of the shots -- who's going to give up shots for J.J. Redick when he comes in?

"Milwaukee now doesn't have a backup point guard. They traded their only true point guard in Beno Udrih, who is a solid guy who didn't cause problems with their other guys in the backcourt. When they brought Udrih in off the bench they could move Jennings to the off-guard and play them and it would be no issue. Now I don't know who their backup point is. Are you going to rely on Monta to move to point guard?

"They've already got Mike Dunleavy as a scorer off the bench. I didn't see them making themselves any better at all. They're not striking fear in the hearts of people they're competing with for a playoff spot. I thought Orlando actually did better than Milwaukee in the end. Orlando accumulated young assets (Doron Lamb and Tobias Harris) who weren't throwaway players in college, and they got a veteran backup point. They weren't going anywhere, so they got a couple of young guys that they liked."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks