ImageImage

Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent thread)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent threa 

Post#241 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Captain Erv wrote:16 points on 9 shots makes Redick feel like Jordan. He should be our starting 2-guard next year, but I have slim hopes of us retaining him.

If he plays the last 28 games like he played last night, he's here for the long haul. He's the perfect "win now" player for Kohl. Smart, high character, hard working, makes the right decisions. Given the few personel successes this team has had, we can't lose him for "nothing" and will start the bidding at 4/$28 and go to 4/$36 if needed. We won't have any problem clogging up our salary cap for yet another guy before we ever have a core star on the team.

The bigger question I've got is how we will deal with Brandon and Monta at that point, especially if Monta opts in. I'm of the belief that Jennings will be the clear odd man out over the next six-weeks. But how do you capitalize on his value? S&T's are very tough.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#242 » by Captain Erv » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:45 pm

If Ellis opts in, I think Jennings will be gone. If Ellis opts in, you can also put me in a padded room.
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#243 » by BigDoggyStyle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Captain Erv wrote:If Ellis opts in, I think Jennings will be gone. If Ellis opts in, you can also put me in a padded room.

Actually that might be a good scenario. Won't have to overpay Jennings, and can deal Ellis pretty easily as an expiring.
MoneyInDaBank07
Junior
And1: 210

Post#244 » by MoneyInDaBank07 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:16 pm

BigDoggyStyle wrote:
Captain Erv wrote:If Ellis opts in, I think Jennings will be gone. If Ellis opts in, you can also put me in a padded room.

Actually that might be a good scenario. Won't have to overpay Jennings, and can deal Ellis pretty easily as an expiring.

"I love Sam Cassell. He's a great guy, but he does look like E.T." - Charles Barkley
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#245 » by bigkurty » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:19 pm

MoneyInDaBank07 wrote:
BigDoggyStyle wrote:

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#246 » by trwi7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Not sure how that's a good scenario. Jennings being gone would be good, don't get me wrong but this franchise is too stupid to trade Ellis.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,789

Post#247 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 pm

trwi7 wrote:Not sure how that's a good scenario. Jennings being gone would be good, don't get me wrong but this franchise is too stupid to trade Ellis.

Exactly. If Brandon leaves, that just means we offer Monta a huge deal.

We're pretty much f'ed either way. Always will be with Kohl/Hammond running the show.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#248 » by DickCunningham » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 pm

This is the line for venting, right?

I'm looking hard for hope in this organization, and I'm just not finding it. Regardless of how Tobias Harris turns out. He was another wasted draft pick for the Bucks. Basically provided us with nothing in terms of production or as an asset.

Jennings is our face of the franchise who sucks as a point guard. He isn't a high assist guy. He dribbles around a lot to set himself up for a shot, but has poor court awareness as he dribbles around, putting blinders on to the rest of his teammates. In his head, he's Iverson. But even Iverson had a bunch of years averaging 6 or 7 assists per game. B.J has been under 6 assists per game during the last 3 years.

Jennings is a pouter and doesn't want to be here. And the feeling is pretty much mutual if this is who he is. Probably no chance to get an asset back for him now that the deadline is passed. All Dallas has to do is offer him $10 million per year to force the issue. I'm sorry. I don't want B.J. at $10 million per year on a long contract. That would be an expensive mistake on an unhappy, selfish point guard. Time is running out on another first round draft choice.

Hammond has set himself up with maximum flexibility for the off-season. Unfortunately, I have no confidence that he will do anything positive with it.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#249 » by aboveAverage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't want to bust the bubble on JJ Redick for anyone, but did you guys see how pathetic he was trying to beat his man off the dribble last night in the 4th? He's a great spot up shooter, and a guy you can run off screens all day, but don't expect him to do much more than that.

If JJ is retained, you NEED a point guard who can create shots. Jennings and Redick would be a disaster. Ellis and Redick would work better. Ideally, we have a point guard better than either of the swag twins next year.

It worked with Rip Hamilton when he had Billups, and Reggie Miller and Ray are two other great off the ball guards that come to mind, but those guys could all handle the ball and create their own shot when they were under pressure. I don't see Redick being able to do that ever.
Strange Clouds
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#250 » by Strange Clouds » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Seriously think the 76ers hold that title. We're a semi big market team who hasn't been relevant for 12 years.
raws
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#251 » by raws » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Ellis at the point was rather impressive last night. He still has terrible shot selection, but he has pretty good vision. I wouldn't be against it.
ReddWing
Banned User
And1: 808

Post#252 » by ReddWing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Would we be better off with Ellis at PG instead of Brandon? If they could convince him to play there, I don't think it would be a horrible move.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#253 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 pm

ReddWing wrote:Would we be better off with Ellis at PG instead of Brandon?

No, but we wouldn't be worse.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#254 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Hammond botched this guy also....

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
NBA's most improved Nov/Dec to Jan/Feb: Toronto's Amir Johnson. Over 53% in scoring (12.1), rebounds (9.1), blocks (1.7). Maybe MIP of year?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks