ImageImage

Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent thread)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,618

Re: Are the Bucks the worst run team? (Post trade vent threa 

Post#141 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 pm

I honestly want the Bucks to fold as a team, there's no point in the Bucks existing.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#142 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm

James1980 wrote:
books wrote:
Lippo wrote:Lets Pickett Line Bucks game til we get Hammond fired or start a collection to have Ferry assassinated.
If there was indeed a handshake agreement on the trade and Orlando/Milwaukee faxed the paperwork and the Hawks just didn't is there any kind of recourse or appeal? There has to be some safety measures in place to prevent this kinda of raping.

you'd think, right? wasn't this supposed to be a three-team deal? if hammond is like "good ?" replying to "did we get josh smith," that's just not right.

Woelful tweeted that there was speculation that Hawks and Bucks would get an extension to finish Smith deal, but there wasn't an extension. Maybe that is what Hammond's good question text was about.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if we got slightly screwed by the league office in all of this as well. Their worst nightmare is probably another FTD type season out of the Bucks. I hate the NBA almost as much as I hate Hammond.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#143 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:23 pm

europa wrote:The Bucks are pointing all fingers at Danny Ferry and are extremely upset with him for not signing off on a deal they were convinced was done. Smith was agreeable to playing in Milwaukee long-term because he wants the cash so look for the Bucks to make a strong run at him in the summer.

Sweet.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#144 » by JBucks » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 pm

europa wrote:The Bucks are pointing all fingers at Danny Ferry and are extremely upset with him for not signing off on a deal they were convinced was done. Smith was agreeable to playing in Milwaukee long-term because he wants the cash so look for the Bucks to make a strong run at him in the summer.

So in short you're saying Hammond was played for a fool. What else is new?
packfan414
Senior
And1: 171

Post#145 » by packfan414 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Remember when Bill Simmons campaigned to be our GM after we fired larry harris?

We should email him with the long laundry list of incompetent moves Hammond was made, and get him to write a story about it.

I've emailed him before, and he's included some stuff in his mailbags.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#146 » by europa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Sweet.

The good news is no one has ever had any concerns about Smith's mental makeup so I'm sure he'll do quite well after being massively overpaid by the Bucks.
Nothing will not break me.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#147 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 pm

europa wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Sweet.

The good news is no one has ever had any concerns about Smith's mental makeup so I'm sure he'll do quite well after being massively overpaid by the Bucks.

I'm not trying to "massively overpay him" but I do like his game. And the thought of him and Larry manning the front court makes me smile. Its also why I'm so fu**ing pissed off right now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#148 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Smith isn't signing here. He would have extended because the Bucks would have given him the most money. That much is a lock.

So as much as some people are pissed that we gave up the legendary Tobias Harris, be **** thrilled that we missed out on the right to give Joe Johnson a billion dollars.
europa
RealGM

Post#149 » by europa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 pm

JBucks wrote:

So in short you're saying Hammond was played for a fool.

I'm not sure Hammond is to blame here but honestly I don't think it even matters if he is or if it's shared blame with him and Ferry. This team is such a complete bumble f' right now on all levels. The only reason trading for Smith was acceptable was because it would've meant getting rid of Ellis, who never should've been acquired in the first place.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

The Bucks weren't offering Ellis in the Smith deal.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#151 » by whatthe_buck!? » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

DrugBust wrote:Smith isn't signing here. He would have extended because the Bucks would have given him the most money. That much is a lock.

So as much as some people are pissed that we gave up the legendary Tobias Harris, be **** thrilled that we missed out on the right to give Joe Johnson a billion dollars.

Look at u Drugbust. Leading the hope train. There really are certain things to be thankful for, not only probably not being in the position to give Josh Smith a huge extension but also that I was expecting to give up our 1st in the Redick trade and now we still have it so I can stay excited about the draft. U make a very strong case, I'll give u that...
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#152 » by gbmb34 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

This trade isn't great, but some of the overreactions are obscene. It's a C- trade, and I'm a huge Harris fan. Far from franchise crippling.

The trade also has some nice upside that I doubt the Bucks will actually do, but the possibility exists.

Start Redick play him 35 minutes
Bring Ellis off the bench for 25
Sign Redick to a 4 years 30 million extension
Don't resign Monta/trade him if he opts in.

I think the Bucks basically chose Henson over Harris. It would be hard offensively to have a future lineup with both Henson and Tobias as they are post up guys on offense.

That doesn't justify trading him for 30 games of Redick, or the right to overpay him. But this is far from the Bogut trade.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I've said it a few times this season: I actually like a lot of the pieces and the Bucks could be a fun team to watch if the right guys play. I love the front court rotation of Ersan, Sanders and Henson. Now we add an ideal SG/PG in Redick who fits perfectly.

It's the fact that the idiot swag twins are still around that puts a damper on the whole thing.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,447

Post#154 » by steger_3434 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

DrugBust wrote:I've said it a few times this season: I actually like a lot of the pieces and the Bucks could be a fun team to watch if the right guys play. I love the front court rotation of Ersan, Sanders and Henson. Now we add an ideal SG/PG in Redick who fits perfectly.

It's the fact that the idiot swag twins are still around that puts a damper on the whole thing.

The fact we have the swag twins isn't a little damper, though. It makes everything you said before that irrelevant because with them still here the team goes no where.

I could really get behind a backcourt with JJ in it, but with the swag twins he'll barely see the ball and I doubt gets more than 25 minutes/game.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#155 » by gbmb34 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Honestly, the funniest part to me of that bag night picture is that someone ponied up for a Patterson jersey.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#156 » by -Jragon- » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Here we go.... bench Jennings to mess up his numbers and contract offer (so we can match it easy) in the off season by starting:

Ellis
Redick
Dunleavy
Ersan
Sanders

(whitest starting lineup in the league?)
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#157 » by LUKE23 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

So, lets get a checklist of this deadline:

Waste every short-term asset we have: check
Not land a long-term difference maker or draft pick: check
Remain a first round out without any shred of doubt: check
Do nothing to break up a horrendous backcourt: check
Still suck masive balls: check
europa
RealGM

Post#158 » by europa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I've said it a few times this season: I actually like a lot of the pieces and the Bucks could be a fun team to watch if the right guys play. I love the front court rotation of Ersan, Sanders and Henson. Now we add an ideal SG/PG in Redick who fits perfectly.

The fact we have the swag twins isn't a little damper, though. It makes everything you said before that irrelevant because with them still here the team goes no where.

Bingo. The entire team is built around those two guys. You can't just dismiss them or toss them aside as an afterthought. I'm puzzled by those who say they like the team and dislike those two. Those two guys ARE the team. Hell, young players are being sacrificed because of them. One of the reasons Harris is gone is because he didn't mesh well with Jennings and Ellis.
wisportsfan4
Junior
And1: 81

Post#159 » by wisportsfan4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Do you guys think trading for JJ means Monta is coming off the bench?

Best case scenario if you ask me. Then he will get pissed and be more inclined to GTFO.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#160 » by crkone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

europa wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:

Bingo. The entire team is built around those two guys. You can't just dismiss them or toss them aside as an afterthought. I'm puzzled by those who say they like the team and dislike those two. Those two guys ARE the team. Hell, young players are being sacrificed because of them. One of the reasons Harris is gone is because he didn't mesh well with Jennings and Ellis.

Yep. I would have been a little intrigued if Ellis was gone and Smith here. Now we have Redick filling Beno's role and no youngsters to be excited about except Henson. Not to mention the ginormous hole at SF being filled by bench players.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks