ImageImage

Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (Open till Hammond g 

Post#5421 » by europa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:29 pm

TOBES!

::NeverForget::
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#5422 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 pm

As Eastside said, the thread isn't necessarily about how we lost Tobias, but rather a reminder of our messed up front office and the fact that the same guy who engineered all that stuff is still on the premises in some capacity.

The trade is such a brilliant metaphor for all of it:

Doubling down on the swag guards who were both free agents that offseason

Trading the future for a 30 game rental

Not willing to take on Caron (or more) to have a shot at Bledsoe when later dealing Redick.

Making the Redick move thinking you also had Josh Smith incoming, but then realizing you didn't have that part nailed down at all.

Later acquiring Caron and his $8mm salary because you signed Delfino only to learn he still hadn't recovered from a career threatening injury that he had when you signed him. Gotta have that vet SF for the 8th seed.

Aquiring Tobias in the first instance versus Klay Thompson because you just needed to deal out of that lotto pick to pair Stephen Jackson and his $10 million a year contract with Scott Skiles. And you needed to get Maggette and his $20 million owed off the roster, a Maggette you just dealt for 12 months earlier.

Tobes was at the center of three years of cluster ****. His legacy far transcends whatever happens on the court with him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM

Post#5423 » by europa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Tobes is still a pretty good player with the chance to be very good offensively. I'd love to have that kid on this team. He's only 22 (in a few days) and an ideal piece for a rebuilding team. At the very least he would be a big-time trade asset to help you further improve.

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#5424 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm

europa wrote:Tobes is still a pretty good player with the chance to be very good offensively. I'd love to have that kid on this team. He's only 22 (in a few days) and an ideal piece for a rebuilding team. At the very least he would be a big-time trade asset to help you further improve.

If Orlando puts Tobias on the trade market, what does he fetch? I just don't see him bringing back a huge haul. They've got to pay him next year and he still hasn't settled into a position necessarily.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#5425 » by Newz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm

I don't mind Tobes and I would certainly rather have him than not have him. But I don't think this trade is going to make us or break us going forward.

I am fine with Giannis and Jabari. I think that is one of the top 3 young duos in the NBA. If Sanders gets his head out of his ass, then he could be a major addition to the young core as well.
europa
RealGM

Post#5426 » by europa » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:45 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
europa wrote:Tobes is still a pretty good player with the chance to be very good offensively. I'd love to have that kid on this team. He's only 22 (in a few days) and an ideal piece for a rebuilding team. At the very least he would be a big-time trade asset to help you further improve.

If Orlando puts Tobias on the trade market, what does he fetch? I just don't see him bringing back a huge haul. They've got to pay him next year and he still hasn't settled into a position necessarily.

Depends what team is looking for a productive wing scorer. I do think he's still flying under the radar a bit. But look at the production. His Per36 #s are strong - 17-8 with good shooting percentages. If he can improve his 3-point shooting we could be looking at a 20 ppg scorer if given consistent minutes. A smart team would be looking to buy now before more people wake up and realize just how good of a scorer this kid already is and how much better he potentially could be.

I think his floor right now is a 22-year-old kid who can come off the bench and provide instant offense. That's a nice floor and that, in my opinion, carries value.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#5427 » by Badgerlander » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I'd take Tobes over Aaron Gordon, just sayin
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#5428 » by Chapter29 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 pm

europa wrote:TOBES!

I keep trying to forget.
Giannis
is
UponUs
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#5429 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 pm

The relevant discussion shouldn't be another rehash of all the boneaded moves Hammond has made (which we've done ad nasuem in this thread and many others) but rather why L&E chose to retain him.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#5430 » by Newz » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The relevant discussion shouldn't be another rehash of all the boneaded moves Hammond has made (which we've done ad nasuem in this thread and many others) but rather why L&E chose to retain him.

Logical explanations:

1. According to some people, Hammond does have a good reputation around the league. Perhaps they know Kohl was the one pulling the strings. It would make sense given all Bucks GMs have been about equally bad and have done equally stupid things in the Kohl era. They figure if they let Hammond actually make the decisions, things will go much better.
2. They don't want to pay a new GM when they are going to let Kidd make a majority of the decisions anyways.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#5431 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 pm

I'd guess the answer is that he's drafted very well vs. draft position overall. I know some still refute that claim, but the ones that have really haven't made a strong case. And while he's absolutely failed miserably in trades and FA, drafting is the most important element for a GM in Milwaukee. Granted, it would be nice to see the same drafting with significantly better use of cap space in trades and FA. Move JH to head of scouting. :)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#5432 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Newz wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:The relevant discussion shouldn't be another rehash of all the boneaded moves Hammond has made (which we've done ad nasuem in this thread and many others) but rather why L&E chose to retain him.

Logical explanations:

1. According to some people, Hammond does have a good reputation around the league. Perhaps they know Kohl was the one pulling the strings. It would make sense given all Bucks GMs have been about equally bad and have done equally stupid things in the Kohl era. They figure if they let Hammond actually make the decisions, things will go much better.
2. They don't want to pay a new GM when they are going to let Kidd make a majority of the decisions anyways.

Yup and it's probably a combination of the two. So while we can continue to discuss the Harris trade, the Potsie draft pick and countless others it seems rather pointless.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#5433 » by step3profit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Newz wrote:

Logical explanations:

3. He is a Dark Sith Lord.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#5434 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesiAmazin34/status/489037938429526018[/tweet]

Tobes just turned 22. This would be his first year in the NBA if he had played 4 years of college ball.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,648

Post#5435 » by chonestown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

DocHoliday wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesiAmazin34/status/489037938429526018[/tweet]

Tobes just turned 22. This would be his first year in the NBA if he had played 4 years of college ball.

And nary a water bottle, thermos, camelpack, juicebox, samovar or canteen in sight. C'mon Tobes!
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#5436 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Harris invited to the USA select team practices in vegas.

Sent from my SM-N900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
pokerfan12
Starter
And1: 1

Post#5437 » by pokerfan12 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JohnDenton555/status/494606718446219264[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShawSportsNBA/status/494588429058207745[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RodneyRikai/status/494576170252263424[/tweet]
THIS MAGIC FAN HAS HIS HEAD HELD HIGH... NO MATTER WHAT.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#5438 » by AussieBuck » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 am

Hammonds is unfireable. Thread will never die.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,974

Post#5439 » by drew881 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 am

Tobes' preseason so far, sponsored by water:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... ias-harris
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#5440 » by JayMKE » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:33 am