ImageImage

Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (Open till Hammond gone) 

Post#5741 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:35 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:That bobblehead looks like a mix of Kevin Johnson and Carlos Arroyo.

+1 for Carlos Arroyo refernce.

I still think Jabari's is the worst I've seen in a long time.

That would be great... If it was a Leroy Butler bobblehead.

They need to give him another bobblehead night next year to make up for that one. I felt embarassed for him and the organization when the picture of that surfaced. It's so bad.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#5742 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Jabari bobblehead looks like Corliss Williamson.

Just popped in my head.

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#5743 » by H2tObes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:58 pm

It's so bad it's good honestly
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#5744 » by CannondaleF400 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:23 pm

This thread should have been dedicated to blaming management for drafting Harris instead of Jimmy Butler
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#5745 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:48 pm

I guess this thread needs to stay open, because Hammond must stay to make a deal with the Pistons once in a while.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,623

Post#5746 » by chonestown » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:03 pm

So thirsty.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,354

Post#5747 » by ackypoo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:02 pm

almost like trading draft picks for grevis vasquez...

anyways, sounds like tobes is goign to be a celtic or a piston?
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#5748 » by engelmartin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Personally, I'll feel pretty vindicated when Tobias goes to Detroit for max money.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#5749 » by Nebula1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Tobes to Celtics to bring the thread full circle for Bill Simmons.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,623

Post#5750 » by chonestown » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Oh, how I've missed you OTHWT (OTHG).
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#5751 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Tobes to Celtics to bring the thread full circle for Bill Simmons.

Or Hammond with Detroit, considering his pick could be going where he made way to being a GM.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#5752 » by drew881 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Detroit would be great. They would be reassembling the Kohl era Bucks.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,993

Post#5753 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:07 pm

drew881 wrote:Detroit would be great. They would be reassembling the Kohl era Bucks.

And to continue that process, I think in the draft yesterday they did their own version of screwing up and letting good players drop past them at #8 by not taking Winslow when he was sitting there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#5754 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:02 am

I have a feeling Orlando will just match any offer he gets. Even if it's the 4 year mini max a restricted guy can get. So what if it's a slight overpay. Orlandos cap situation is fine and with the cap going up unless he really sucks next year he's totally movable even at 15 mil a year.

I feel like it's similar to the Bledsoe situation last year. Sure they don't want to pay the max but would rather do that than lose him for nothing or a crap sign and trade offer. Now if some team offers a legit good sign and trade maybe he changes teams.

People need to realize this summer we're already at a point where more teams have cap space than there are worthy guys to spend it on and it's only going to get worse after the new TV deal kicks in.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#5755 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:58 am

I wouldn't pay either Harris or Bledsoe that much. Look at pretty much all the top teams, how many of them have Non All Star players making that much? Pretty sure HOU, LAC, and SAS don't. GS has just Lee who is a contract they hate and want to get rid of (although was at least a former All Star I think) and CLE has Varajeo who has a contract they probably hate.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#5756 » by bizarro » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm

MrPerfect1 wrote:I wouldn't pay either Harris or Bledsoe that much. Look at pretty much all the top teams, how many of them have Non All Star players making that much? Pretty sure HOU, LAC, and SAS don't. GS has just Lee who is a contract they hate and want to get rid of (although was at least a former All Star I think) and CLE has Varajeo who has a contract they probably hate.

And those teams have HOF players. Small market teams that aren't the 76ers will always overpay for the mid-tier stars. It is what it is. When they have a top 10 pick they have to bank they can hit a) star player who b) wants to stay in their small to mid-market team. Hitting on Gianni's and Jabari given Milwaukee's reputation as a destination landfill (I don't agree with this, I love Milwaukee) and an NBA igloo factory, is nothing short of remarkable. The rest is up to their development.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#5757 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Actually golden state has a few "over paid" guys other than lee. Iggy and bogut are very expensive role players. And before last season some people thought they were nuts for giving klay the max. Even curry wasn't an all star when they gave him his contract.

Back to Orlando; what's a better option? I doubt they would be able to lure love or lma with the money they would save by letting Harris go. The bucks might be in the same boat with Middleton. Some team might throw a contract at him that the bucks consider an over pay but they still might match because the alternative is worse than having a bloated contract on the books.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,993

Re: 

Post#5758 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:45 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:but they still might match because the alternative is worse than having a bloated contract on the books.

Yep. Think if your Suns hadn't done a deal with Bledsoe last year and he's unrestricted this summer. He would be getting his 4/$75 from Knicks.

This is where I wish the NBA either didn't have fully guaranteed contracts or some type of slotting as to eligibility for these big deals. Tobias, Middleton, Kanter, etc just haven't proven enough to get 4/$68 yet. In my opinion the only no brainer in the current RFA class that has earned it no question is Jimmy Butler. (might be forgetting someone else)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#5759 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm

bizarro wrote:
MrPerfect1 wrote:I wouldn't pay either Harris or Bledsoe that much. Look at pretty much all the top teams, how many of them have Non All Star players making that much? Pretty sure HOU, LAC, and SAS don't. GS has just Lee who is a contract they hate and want to get rid of (although was at least a former All Star I think) and CLE has Varajeo who has a contract they probably hate.

And those teams have HOF players. Small market teams that aren't the 76ers will always overpay for the mid-tier stars. It is what it is. When they have a top 10 pick they have to bank they can hit a) star player who b) wants to stay in their small to mid-market team. Hitting on Gianni's and Jabari given Milwaukee's reputation as a destination landfill (I don't agree with this, I love Milwaukee) and an NBA igloo factory, is nothing short of remarkable. The rest is up to their development.

They won't overpay for mid-tier stars if they want to win titles. I would rather keep passing on them and hoping for superstars than paying big money for mid-tiers and becoming the Hawks/Nets paying insane amounts for Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/etc
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#5760 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:but they still might match because the alternative is worse than having a bloated contract on the books.

Yep. Think if your Suns hadn't done a deal with Bledsoe last year and he's unrestricted this summer. He would be getting his 4/$75 from Knicks.

This is where I wish the NBA either didn't have fully guaranteed contracts or some type of slotting as to eligibility for these big deals. Tobias, Middleton, Kanter, etc just haven't proven enough to get 4/$68 yet. In my opinion the only no brainer in the current RFA class that has earned it no question is Jimmy Butler. (might be forgetting someone else)
yeah he'd get some crazy contract on open market and he didn't even play all that well last year. Even though the contract he got and the one gordan Heyward got were over pays if the suns and Jazz made them available today there would be plenty of teams willing to give them assets for them in a trade so ultimately signing them was the right idea.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks