ImageImage

Official Tobias Harris watch thread (The End)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Official Tobias Harris watch thread (Open till Hammond g 

Post#5641 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Treebeard wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
I think for many of us, it's not just that Tobe's is the One-that-got-away; it's the fundamentally moronic short-sighted thinking that drove the deal in the first place. It was a poor deal in concept, and it did not get better in reality.

The short-sighted thinking is the part that needs to be remembered.

But that's the old regime so why still be upset

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

Hammond & Morway are still on board. It remains un-certain who drove the boat on the deal, Hammond or Kohl & Kronies. In any case, Hammond executed the deal.

And yes, every good GM pooches a deal at some point; but you don't get do-overs. This one was bad before it was completed, and it was one of a series of questionable deals. Can Hammond find redemption: probably. The Knight/Middleton for Jennings deal worked in the Bucks favor. However, no backsliding allowed....

Without a doubt it was Kohl.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#5642 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:
nah tobes would of cost the bucks losses last year and prob out of reach for exum

Maybe one draft spot, but we were 8 wins behind #3. We would have been worst or second worst record.
BiffWebster
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5643 » by BiffWebster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:02 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:
nah tobes would of cost the bucks losses last year and prob out of reach for exum

Maybe one draft spot, but we were 8 wins behind #3. We would have been worst or second worst record.

Even if that were true, would he be anywhere near the player he is now? I'm not so sure...

He was riding the bench for us and by all accounts (having Skiles & Drew constantly playing the vets) would have continued to do so regardless of the circumstance. It wasn't until he went to Orlando and got 36 minutes a game at the 4 that he started putting everything together, having free reign with minutes to burn. He wouldn't have gotten that here...
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#5644 » by engelmartin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:15 pm

He should have been getting minutes here all along, he was by far the best 3 on the roster, even at his age.

Edit: Dunleavy was better, but Daniels and Mbah Moute never should have been stealing his minutes.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#5645 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:19 pm

J.J. Reddick would **** this thread and then urinate all over it.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#5646 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Has there been any updated news on Giannis or Larry as of today?
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#5647 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:29 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:I don't care one bit about Tobias Harris. Other than he's a decent player on a crappy team.

Should we have made the trade?....no of course not. Is it water under the bridge? Yep. We've replaced him with better players.

If we had Tobias Harris, it is a very strong possibility we don't have one of Giannis or Parker. Not sure what would have taken place had he stayed. Do we still select Giannis, do we lose enough games to select Parker. Things like that.

I'll take Giannis 100 times over Harris. I would take Parker over Harris too.

Tobias Harris....who?

We could legitimately have all three or we could have Giannis/Harris/Exum. We'd definitely still have Giannis.

Maybe. Maybe not. You never know how things would have panned out. Perhaps he helps us win a bunch of games and it takes us from picking 3 to 6 or something. End up with Randle or Smart.

Who knows perhaps we don't make the trade and we really start to believe in Harris (which of course we didn't leading up to it) and we decide to go another direction and not select Giannis.

I am just saying....you don't know. Ever see those go back in time movies where they start changing the past and it doesn't map out like they had expected?

Any way you shake it, I don't care about Harris and don't really miss him and consider it just like any other player movement....whats done is done.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#5648 » by Chapter29 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm

engelmartin wrote:He should have been getting minutes here all along, he was by far the best 3 on the roster, even at his age.

Edit: Dunleavy was better, but Daniels and Mbah Moute never should have been stealing his minutes.

Except he was a 4 with us. We didn't consider him a 3. I believe up until this year where he's splitting time at 3/4 he played most of his time at PF.
Giannis
is
UponUs
BiffWebster
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5649 » by BiffWebster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Exactly.

Of course Tobes should have gotten a bunch more playing time here, and if course he shouldn't have been traded in that terrible, awful, Hammonding trade...

But since his departure lead to Parker/Giannis and all of our current untapped potential, I'm not losing any sleep and neither should anyone else.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#5650 » by engelmartin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Chapter29 wrote:Except he was a 4 with us. We didn't consider him a 3. I believe up until this year where he's splitting time at 3/4 he played most of his time at PF.

I feel like you're talking me off of a ledge. Reading this thread always gives me PTSD.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#5651 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:12 pm

I only post in this thread because I think Hammond is a terrible gm and don't want him going forward to build this team
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#5652 » by Ayt » Sun Dec 7, 2014 1:51 pm

Tobes is seriously tobing it from deep this year at .434 on 2.5 attempts per game. 19-8-2 with low turnovers and a TS% of .564 on the year.

It is too bad Orlando is probably not good enough to be one of the teams in the hunt to knock us out of the playoffs.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#5653 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Dec 7, 2014 2:07 pm

Ayt wrote:Tobes is seriously tobing it from deep this year at .434 on 2.5 attempts per game. 19-8-2 with low turnovers and a TS% of .564 on the year.

It is too bad Orlando is probably not good enough to be one of the teams in the hunt to knock us out of the playoffs.

Yup too bad we're going to make the playoffs this year....... Smh
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#5654 » by Neon1 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:12 pm

Ayt wrote:It is too bad Orlando is probably not good enough to be one of the teams in the hunt to knock us out of the playoffs.

I think we're going to make it in at #8.

People look at our current record and dont realize how we have played the most road games in the NBA. Our schedule has been brutal. Dipo, AGordon and Now Vuc have been out with injuries.

The schedule gets a ton easier as we move on, i think we get in even as young as our squad is.

Sent from my SM-N900P using RealGM Forums mobile app
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#5655 » by SpursNBucks » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:00 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Treebeard wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
But that's the old regime so why still be upset

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

Hammond & Morway are still on board. It remains un-certain who drove the boat on the deal, Hammond or Kohl & Kronies. In any case, Hammond executed the deal.

And yes, every good GM pooches a deal at some point; but you don't get do-overs. This one was bad before it was completed, and it was one of a series of questionable deals. Can Hammond find redemption: probably. The Knight/Middleton for Jennings deal worked in the Bucks favor. However, no backsliding allowed....

GET THE F... OVER IT! IT'S NOT LIKE THEY GAVE AWAY JORDAN. WHAT A HATEFUL GROUP OF 1/2 EMPTY BIIIITCHES WITH A HARD ON FOR TH. THE GUY IS A MINUS DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS. SKILES AND THE STAFF HATED HIM BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T PLAY DEFENSE THE WAY THEY WANTED. BAD TRADE = YA, BUT MOVE ON AND LIVE IN THE NOW
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#5656 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:30 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

GET THE F... OVER IT! IT'S NOT LIKE THEY GAVE AWAY JORDAN. WHAT A HATEFUL GROUP OF 1/2 EMPTY BIIIITCHES WITH A HARD ON FOR TH. THE GUY IS A MINUS DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON ONE OF THE WORST TEAMS. SKILES AND THE STAFF HATED HIM BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T PLAY DEFENSE THE WAY THEY WANTED. BAD TRADE = YA, BUT MOVE ON AND LIVE IN THE NOW

Cool story bro.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#5657 » by ampd » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:31 pm

:o
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#5658 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:36 pm

If people don't like the thread, then don't click on it.

It remains as a monument to bad front offices everywhere and reminders that---

a) Some front offices are dumb enough to make trades like this - thus the new Bucks management always has the chance to fleece someone by trading one of our vets for a young player

b) Certain components of the current Bucks front office were part of the "negotiating team" that lined up the Tobias deal. Those people should be made scouts but never negotiate trades again.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#5659 » by xTitan » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:47 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If people don't like the thread, then don't click on it.

It remains as a monument to bad front offices everywhere and reminders that---

a) Some front offices are dumb enough to make trades like this - thus the new Bucks management always has the chance to fleece someone by trading one of our vets for a young player

b) Certain components of the current Bucks front office were part of the "negotiating team" that lined up the Tobias deal. Those people should be made scouts but never negotiate trades again.

This dead horse is quite beaten you have to admit and this from a guy who is not a Hammond fan.

I thought I read that whatever shoe company Harris represents is going to give him a big bonus if he goes to a large market, rumor has him going to NY.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#5660 » by LedZepp007 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:59 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

Yes!!!!
The Bulls are the absolute worst.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks