ImageImage

What do you want to do this off-season?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Re: What do you want to do this off-season? 

Post#101 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm

So based on the above, if we want to pursue the Josh Smith dream, we will need to create at least $15 million of cap room or a payroll of about $45 million.

Even if Monta opts out, our cap payroll will still be $51 million. NOT enough for Josh Smith unless we renounce the rights to either Brandon or Redick.

So once again Hammond and Kohl in their incessant desire to have those two swag guards around have precluded themselves from options this summer unless Monta opts out and then they renounce either Brandon or Redick.

What do you think the odds are the Bucks brain trust never thought about this stuff and explained it to Kohl last week?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#102 » by Buck You » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54pOps7ZgGY[/youtube]

I want brandon to watch this video over and over again. I tweeted it to him so hopefully he watches it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#103 » by raferfenix » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

If Monta does opt in, I would hope that we let Jennings walk as a result and resign Redick.

I despise Ellis but would prefer another year of him over cashing Jennings out long term.

If the Mavericks really target Jennings, who think Hammonds and Kohl's cronies will have the savvy to get out of that with anything but a disaster?

The last time we were in this kind of situation we let Pat Riley goad us into nasty deals for both Mo Williams and Charlie Bell. Hopefully someone in the organization has learned a lesson from that...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#104 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 am

raferfenix wrote:If Monta does opt in, I would hope that we let Jennings walk as a result and resign Redick.

Assume Monta doesn't opt out.

Let's say we renounce Jennings and immediately sign Redick to a team friendly contract that looks like this:
$7, $8, $9, $10 or four-years/$34 million.

That leaves us with salary of approx. $52 million and a total of $8 million in cap room for other FA's. So if we want to go after one of these impact FA's like Milsap or Josh Smith we need one of the following to occur:

a) Monta has to opt out
b) The team has to renounce both Jennings and Redick and let them move on to other teams.
c) The team needs to sign and trade Monta or a different player for Josh Smith or Milsap.

Great planning Hammond. You go get those big hitters in free agency with all that cap room you've been teasing the fans with.

JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#105 » by JustinCredible » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 am

I am kind of hoping the plan is to renounce Jennings and have Monta opt out. I think that is Hammond's plan but who the heck knows at this point. I fear that the plan is to try and keep Monta and Jennings.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#106 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Great planning Hammond. You go get those big hitters in free agency with all that cap room you've been teasing the fans with.

Geez, at least let the guy get out of the mess Larry Harris put him in 5 years ago before you go on judging the guy. Give him another 3-4 years before he really makes his mark.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#107 » by paul » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 am

Is become a Golden State fan an option?

If not, most of my thoughts I'm sure will have been covered already.

Blow all our assets. Let Jennings walk, let Ellis walk, sign Reddick if the money is reasonable which it likely won't be, extend Larry, probably extend Udoh for what he will cost, watch Dunleavy go to a contender, watch Harris blow up in Orlando. I don't know, man what a mess.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#108 » by Max Green » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 am

I like the idea of throwing a bunch of Money at Paul Milsap to come in as the starting Small Forward for us next season. Henson could even play spot minutes at the Center position provided he adds a some more weight in the offseason, which I have no doubts he will.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,769

Post#109 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 am

Millsap just isn't a SF IMO.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#110 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:02 am

A "win now" off season I guess I wouldn't hate

Draft Burke or Oladipo
First minute of free agency offer 4/40 to Teague
Offer Redick 4/32
Offer Tiago Splitter 3/20
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#111 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 am

GrendonJennings wrote:
Geez, at least let the guy get out of the mess Larry Harris put him in 5 years ago before you go on judging the guy. Give him another 3-4 years before he really makes his mark.

In my salary cap summary earlier, I forget to add the possibility of amnestying Drew Gooden. If we did that, we pick up another $6.6 million in cap space. That does open things up a bit in terms of flexibility, but we still have problems keeping Redick and Jennings both, and adding another big time FA, if Monta doesn't opt out.

If they amnesty Gooden, it will be one of the last mistakes of the Larry Harris era that Hammond will have to correct.

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#112 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:22 am

Not sure if you are being sly and also doing a non-green-font green font post or if you accidentally thought Harris signed Gooden...

At this point, unless there is a compelling reason, I don't care about amnestying Gooden anymore that much.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#113 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 am

GrendonJennings wrote:Not sure if you are being sly and also doing a non-green-font green font post or if you accidentally thought Harris signed Gooden...

I'm just foreshadowing what a few WSSP and WTMJ will be saying come July 1st if we do amnesty Gooden.

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#114 » by LUKE23 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:58 am

Yeah, Millsap isn't a small forward. I'd just re-up Redick, draft BPA, and then from there it would depend on who is out there. I just want to rid the team of stupid or entitled overpaid players. That's Jennings and Ellis. And I have zero interest in Smith.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#115 » by DanoMac » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 am

Can we do a sign and trade with Monta?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/897 ... nge-part-2

Lowe (2:57 p.m.): Two Josh quibbles, though …

1. I'm surprised the Bucks were so interested in this move with both SANDERS! and Ersan Ilyasova onboard. I heard from multiple people they sniffed around a Thad Young/Monta Ellis swap, but might have gotten cold feet — presumably because of positional overcrowding issues.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#116 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Let Jennings walk.
Let Redick walk.
Let Monta walk.
Let Dalembert walk.
Let MDJ walk.
Trade Udoh for anything.
Trade Luc if you get a first.
Amnesty Gooden.

Basically this. I actually do really like Redick, though. I'd resign him to the right deal if he wants to be here. I would not overpay, though. And extend Larry, too.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#117 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:24 am

DanoMac wrote:Can we do a sign and trade with Monta?

1. I'm surprised the Bucks were so interested in this move with both SANDERS! and Ersan Ilyasova onboard. I heard from multiple people they sniffed around a Thad Young/Monta Ellis swap, but might have gotten cold feet — presumably because of positional overcrowding issues.

Man, I would've loved Thad. He can play SF too, especially with Ersan at the four.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#118 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 am

I would have been game.

Swag 1 / Redick / Thad / Ers / Sanders.

Holy ****, a team I actually would like.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#119 » by H2tObes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:38 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

I would have been game.

If Brandon is playing well that team is probably on par with the Nuggets..Thad is pretty much what I hoped Tobes would be, woulda loved to add him.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,942

Post#120 » by BUCKnation » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

I would have been game.

This would have been a very good squad and had the Josh Smith deal went down, it would have been quite intriguing as well.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks