ImageImage

The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Re: The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support 

Post#61 » by DH34Phan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 pm

trwi7 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivaXuq6wAqI[/youtube]

Is that Sigra on commentary? :lol:
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#62 » by upnorthfan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Hoopshype has the following listed as Bucks assistant coaches...

ASSISTANT COACHES: Kelvin Sampson, Joe Wolf and Sidney Moncrief
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#63 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Nah, that's German. Sigra speaks like Croatian or some ****.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#64 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Bucks have one of the most loyal fanbases in all of sports. After almost a quarter century of garbage basketball, they still have thousands of fans who follow their every move. I have no idea why people would expect them to give their hard earned money on a consistent basis to an organziation that doesn't try and contend though. It's pretty simple: build competently and relevant win totals will follow, as will increased attendance.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,676

Post#65 » by msiris » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Sigra wrote:Regarding new bag night or whatever guys plan to do on satarday, I am not sure how is that diferent of what Bucks fans do all those years and that is creating bad atmosphere. I remember when we traded for Monta he put text in local newspaper and was happy to come here. Then in his first game in BC it was empty crowd (some local NCAA team played or something). It kills any desire to play for this pathetic franchise. Pathetic not because of owner or GM but because of that terrible fan base.
First you blame the coach and now the fans. Whats next? :roll:
Ride the tank
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm

In the midst of snow, cold, wind there are a lot of fans camped out right now outside Miller Park waiting for the chance to buy individual game tickets tomorrow. As said above, give the fans a team that has a chance to compete, run the organization competently (not perfectly) and Milwaukee fans will show up and spend their money. Give the fans 25 years of futility and you become irrelevant. The few dozen hard core fans on this board have disected the trade yesterday and the what-ifs of other potential trades. 99.9% of sports fans in Wisconsin don't care about any of it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#67 » by emunney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I think a directed, sustained letter writing campaign could be a lot more effective than bag night. Something to show not only that the Bucks fans who really care want to see some direction, but what the tangible benefits of having direction are. Either make the commitment to being good, or don't. 40 wins is a fine goal for a young team, but if 40 wins is your goal 5 years in a row, you obviously are **** up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM

Post#68 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm

emunney wrote:I think a directed, sustained letter writing campaign could be a lot more effective than bag night. Something to show not only that the Bucks fans who really care want to see some direction, but what the tangible benefits of having direction are. Either make the commitment to being good, or don't. 40 wins is a fine goal for a young team, but if 40 wins is your goal 5 years in a row, you obviously are **** up.

This is a good idea as well.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#69 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

lets get squad 6 members to wear the bags!!!!!!!!! imgain 30 people jumping around making noise with bags on there heads!!!! there being supportive to the players but making a statment to the front office!!!! do it!
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#70 » by upnorthfan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Attendance records in both men and womens professional golf tournaments, sell outs at Camp Randall, and the Kohl Center. Marquette home games. Lets not forget Packer Nation.

Heck the Bradley Center was considered at the time in 2001 to be the loudest stadium in the NBA playoffs.

Yeah Wisconsin fans aren't too dam bad ;)
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#71 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Buckrageous wrote:"Terrible fan base?" Thats BS.

Look at this thread for God's sake. People plan how to make bad atmosphere at their home game. Diferent plans with bonus points to those who hurt the Bucks most. This forum is basicly forum of anti Bucks people. "Bucks resistance" forum. Viva le revolution!!

Buckrageous wrote:Why should fans come out in droves to see a team that isnt even trying to win. Its not the customer's fault when they dont buy bad products. The Bucks are a bad product with a goal to be an average product.

I understand that you guys live in product based sociality. But for fans to threat their sport team as a product it is too much. Here in Europe we support our team even if it is worst team in sport. I go to games of my soccer team naked (above) and I support them same no matter do they win or not. I guess we just understand supporting sport team diferent. For me it is about heart and passion. I don't expect that to be returned. If I do it wouldn't be real love. Only love when you don't expect anything in return is real love.

Buckrageous wrote:They arent even really trying to win now as PP pointed out they are trying to make marginal improvements in order to barely make the playoffs.

You don't know that. I beleive that we plan to have Redick as our SG for years. Some radical improvement is inposible considering everything. So I am happy with "step by step" strategy.

Buckrageous wrote:They havent even been successful at that. In a 30 team league their goal at the deadline is to be the 16th best team and they have failed.

Because of injuries.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#72 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm

emunney wrote:I think a directed, sustained letter writing campaign could be a lot more effective than bag night. Something to show not only that the Bucks fans who really care want to see some direction, but what the tangible benefits of having direction are. Either make the commitment to being good, or don't. 40 wins is a fine goal for a young team, but if 40 wins is your goal 5 years in a row, you obviously are **** up.

I think this is a much better idea than Bag Night Part II. I don't think that would be effective. If there was going to be an in-game event, I would say something along the lines of Squad 6 sitting the rest of the season and not making the slightest peep would be more effective. No cheering, no talking to eachother, etc. Would be even more effective if you could turn your chair around and not even watch the game. Alas, at an arena, not an option.

And also, not related to your post em, LOL and there not being a good fan base. That's a good one.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#73 » by Lippo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Fine line between a fan and a heckler
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#74 » by smooth 'lil balla » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Bag night does nothing....but that's pretty much what I expect from forum who really knows nothing other than what-ifs.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#75 » by steger_3434 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Sigra, you're nuts if you think soccer fans in Europe don't do anything against their team. For christ sake, fans of CSKA Moskow showed up at one of their practices and threatened to assault the players because they were MID TABLE!!! That's not the only example, either.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
trwi7
RealGM

Post#76 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:33 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Sigra, you're nuts if you think soccer fans in Europe don't do anything against their team. For christ sake, fans of CSKA Moskow showed up at one of their practices and threatened to assault the players because they were MID TABLE!!! That's not the only example, either.

We should be happy just to make it to the playoffs. Just like I'm sure Liverpool fans are happy they're 7th in the EPL or Aston Villa fans are happy that they're just ahead of Reading so they aren't relegated to the FLC.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#77 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

In baseball and football you can be happy to make the playoffs. Because you have a legitimate shot at the title. In basketball you don't.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#78 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Squad 6 or Sector 7 or whatever it's called should plan a series of events in which they all do something other than watch the game.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
TheMadMongoose
Junior
And1: 107

Post#79 » by TheMadMongoose » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Depending on costs, get a billboard. It's in the public eye, lasts longer than one game and will still be relevant when the Heat kick our asses out of the playoffs.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#80 » by raferfenix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:28 pm

What if we raised an 8th seed banner somewhere, as a commentary on how that is the greatest achievement Bucks fans ever have to hope for?

It could be a billboard, and / or a literal banner brought to the game or fan events.

We could include stats on how 'many' times we have won this achievement in Kohl's tenure (without making it to the 2nd round even), as well as contrast this with what other Wisconsin sports franchises have accomplished.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks