ImageImage

The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Re: The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support 

Post#21 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

DrugBust wrote:I'm gonna protest by not giving money to the organization that I think is doing business poorly. But ya'll have a righteous time.

You aren't in the state, but if you are in Milwaukee, I think it is a poor excuse. Buy a scalped ticket if it really means that much. No extra revenue will come in from you buying a scalped ticket.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,018

Post#22 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am

DanoMac wrote:
DrugBust wrote:I'm gonna protest by not giving money to the organization that I think is doing business poorly. But ya'll have a righteous time.

So you'll be joining a majority of what people have done for the past 20 years.

Don't look at me, I'm not one of the people inexplicably showing support by showing up for **** like Squad 6 or whatever it is the current version is called.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 am

I'm mean this with 100% sincerity, if you want to make a statement, get everyone who's given those free tickets to stop showing up for the rest of the year.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#24 » by humanrefutation » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 am

DrugBust wrote:I'm mean this with 100% sincerity, if you want to make a statement, get everyone who's given those free tickets to stop showing up for the rest of the year.

Yep.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#25 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am

As far as I'm concerned, people have stopped buying tickets for five years and they still don't get it.

Be vocal.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#26 » by EzeDoesIt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am

WEFFPIM wrote:As far as I'm concerned, people have stopped buying tickets for five years and they still don't get it.

Be vocal.

Yeah, this is my sentiment. It would be hilarious if we could get the whole Squad 6 (or w/e) section emptied though.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#27 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

Whatever goes down, if it's in the upper deck, it has to be on the opposite side of he arena so Kohl can see it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#28 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am

I think these things are hard b/c people in the organization are on these boards, social media, and will know. And if you're in the upper deck it won't matter much. I do think Squad 6 not showing up would be a fairly good statement.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#29 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 am

I'm not on either side, really.
DB- I'm normally with you on the capitalistic, let the money talk argument but I think if it would just mean the Bucks would fail and leave. I don't see Kohl putting the connection together and just might think the town can't even support a playoff team.

Bag Crew- Again, I don't think the masses would get the connection. There really wasn't any event that the casual fan will notice. They just thought we got JJ. It wasn't too drastic and they aren't upset by it. Also, as much as I hate how Kohl runs the team, I feel he ran it with a good heart and doesn't deserve this kind of public insult. It is his team/money and if he wants to run it to the ground he deserves it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 am

Vacating Squad 6 (or again, whatever it's called) doesn't cost the team or the fans anything. The seats are bought and paid for. So what I'm saying is if these fans want to really send a message, they should collectively not show up.

Maybe the the entire group doesn't care about today's moves and are perfectly fine with the status quo. But from the looks of this thread there are some from the group that don't like the management.

So take a stand and really make a statement. A bagnight would mean nothing compared to members of the vocal group that everyone notices not showing up.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#31 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 am

Not judging but if ATL doesn't pull out of the deal, are people still doing bag night? I don't love the Redick deal only because I really believe Harris can be something special, but find it interesting that is the straw that broke the camels back, ATL pulling out of the trade, being a bunch of scrubs that we wouldn't have minded losing.

Deep down, I appreciate the hard core fans trying to send a message....just for once I am not sure it is warranted if the Redick deal sparked it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#32 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 am

M-C-G wrote:Not judging but if ATL doesn't pull out of the deal, are people still doing bag night?

If we had pulled off part II of that deal and gotten Josh Smith and Devin Harris, I don't think people would be clamoring for a bag night.

Does that mean that Josh Smith and Devin Harris would have been a great trade? Not necessarily. However, getting Smith, Redick and Devin would have meant that we at least PICKED A DIRECTION. We would have sent all our spare parts and middling assets to get a player who would have been a focal point and a difference maker in Josh Smith. And we would have had a bunch of win now compliments to go for the fourth seed or the like.

We would have gone all in on a direction. An identity. It might not have worked but it would have made a statement that the organization at least can competently execute an actual STRATEGY.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#33 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 am

Fair enough, my next question, if the deal breaker was, let's say, Henson to ATL, are people feeling the same about Hammond's inability to get it done?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#34 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

M-C-G wrote:Fair enough, my next question, if the deal breaker was, let's say, Henson to ATL, are people feeling the same about Hammond's inability to get it done?

We would be pissed, but I don't think there would be bag night. Especially because the general population of Bucks fans in the BC would think they were insane. Public spectacle might not work so well if you are in the extreme minority.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#35 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 am

M-C-G wrote:Fair enough, my next question, if the deal breaker was, let's say, Henson to ATL, are people feeling the same about Hammond's inability to get it done?

I'd feel the same because we didn't have a plan B to form an identity today.

I would have woken up this morning with two plans.

Plan A: See if I can come away with Smith, Redick and Devin to try and win now and the next couple years with a core of Ersan, Sanders, Smith, Jennings, Redick.

Plan B: If I can't pull those deals off, recognize that I've still got major problems and figure out ways to move out that backcourt and other assets to rebuild. Think Bledsoe, Jeremy Lamb, draft picks.

What we did today was the same thing we did in the Gary Payton and Bogut trades. Get a guy to help us for 30 games with no regard to what happens next year.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#36 » by M-C-G » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 am

Can't argue too much with that...My first two plans would have been how can we take anyone and everyone other than Sanders and turn them into Bledsoe and Lamb.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#37 » by jimmybones » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 am

Gotta agree with DB. I think emptying the fan section sends a stronger and more clear message. Hell, have all those fans go outside the BC and hold signs but never go in. No one outside of this board even gets the point of the bag night.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#38 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 am

jimmybones wrote:Gotta agree with DB. I think emptying the fan section sends a stronger and more clear message. Hell, have all those fans go outside the BC and hold signs but never go in. No one outside of this board even gets the point of the bag night.

Are you saying people in Sector 7 not show up or just people protesting not go in general? If it's the later, Kohl wouldn't even notice anyone is missing, the place is already empty.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#39 » by sdn40 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 am

I'm not going to sing the praises of the organization, but I will say this. Not too long ago every fan on here was complaining about the Bucks having a roster full of bad contracts that bring along with it zero flexibility. Well you got your wish. This offseason contains all the flexibility you could ask for. What the right moves are is anyones guess, but the roster is ripe for a positive turnover along with a few young pieces. I still say Milwaukee has the chips stacked against it due to the NBA being the NBA but thats a post for another day
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#40 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 am

sdn40 wrote:I'm not going to sing the praises of the organization, but I will say this. Not too long ago every fan on here was complaining about the Bucks having a roster full of bad contracts that bring along with it zero flexibility. Well you got your wish. This offseason contains all the flexibility you could ask for. What the right moves are is anyones guess, but the roster is ripe for a positive turnover along with a few young pieces

I have noticed this line of thought from folks who are pleased with Hammond and his work.

The challenge is that we had flexibility last year also and didnt do much with it as evidenced by our current sub .500 record. The issue isn't flexibility. Hammond could have created flexibIlIty in 2008 by trading Redd for expiring contracts and not trading for RJ. We did not need to wait five years.

The issue is talent. Other than half a season Larry Sanders, Hammond has added no real needle moving talent to this team. He inherited a squad with two above average starters in Bogut and Redd. Five years later we have one above average starter in Sanders.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks