ImageImage

The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,589

Re: The Bucks organization is ran properly! Show our support 

Post#81 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

all you need is 13 people in a row with cards that spell out

8 T H S E E D O R B U S T
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#82 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:48 pm

raferfenix wrote:What if we raised an 8th seed banner somewhere, as a commentary on how that is the greatest achievement Bucks fans ever have to hope for?

It could be a billboard, and / or a literal banner brought to the game or fan events.

We could include stats on how 'many' times we have won this achievement in Kohl's tenure (without making it to the 2nd round even), as well as contrast this with what other Wisconsin sports franchises have accomplished.

Love this. I was thinking about something similar last night. A 8th place trophy to bring to games. Like one of those giant fathead posters with the Larry O'Brien trophy with a giant 8 on it.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#83 » by emunney » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

I like the ironic celebration idea. If we get the 40th win at home, rush the court or something. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEE!!!!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#84 » by stevescheffler06 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:55 pm

emunney wrote:I like the ironic celebration idea. If we get the 40th win at home, rush the court or something. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEE!!!!

An ironic billboard?

Congrats to Herb Kohl and John Hammond for ANOTHER 8th seed!! Mission accomplished.
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#85 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:57 pm

My 8 seed banner pic that I used to post a lot 3-4 years ago has gone missing. I had it hosted on myspace which deleted all of my old content. I found a post where I had it and the link is dead.

I'll see if I have it on an old computer but it's doubtful. I'll have to spend the 3 minutes creating it again in Paint.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#86 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm

stevescheffler06 wrote:
emunney wrote:I like the ironic celebration idea. If we get the 40th win at home, rush the court or something. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEE!!!!

An ironic billboard?

Congrats to Herb Kohl and John Hammond for ANOTHER 8th seed!! Mission accomplished.

We've actually missed out on the 8 seed a lot. FTD was 6, I think we had a few 7s and an 8 after the Big 3 and got murdered by the Pistons.

"In a league where over half the teams make the playoffs...WE DID IT! 16th best team (by default of conference membership) in the league!!!"
Bootney_Lee1258
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#87 » by Bootney_Lee1258 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:00 pm

tski1972 wrote:Squad 6 or Sector 7 or whatever it's called should plan a series of events in which they all do something other than watch the game.

Every time Monta gets the ball, everyone turns around and doesn't watch.
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#89 » by BigDoggyStyle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

mscbuck wrote:
tski1972 wrote:Squad 6 or Sector 7 or whatever it's called should plan a series of events in which they all do something other than watch the game.

Every time Monta gets the ball, everyone turns around and doesn't watch.

:D Haha, that would be awesome.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#90 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

whatthe_buck!? wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Vacating Squad 6 (or again, whatever it's called) doesn't cost the team or the fans anything. The seats are bought and paid for. So what I'm saying is if these fans want to really send a message, they should collectively not show up.

Maybe the the entire group doesn't care about today's moves and are perfectly fine with the status quo. But from the looks of this thread there are some from the group that don't like the management.

So take a stand and really make a statement. A bagnight would mean nothing compared to members of the vocal group that everyone notices not showing up.

But don't the bucks sanction/pay for sector 7? If so vacating the section would probably just result in the team cancelling the whole program (if they're not already planning to at the end of the season)...

Everyone is wasting their time talking about doing anything involving Sector 7 (the new Squad 6). That is not going to happen on my watch. Never. I help run Sector 7, for those that don't know, or may have forgotten. And trying to circumvent me and go directly to my members won't work either. First, I would absolutely find out. I'm in regular contact with almost every member and personal friends with many of our members. Second, I've been given broad discretion on how to fill the section, so even if somehow people could convince a number of my members to not show up, etc., those seats wouldn't be empty. I would just fill those spots with people already in the arena who I give Bucks gear to (t-shirts normally tossed out in t-shirt toss, etc.)

Again, there's no point to discussing it. Squad 6 / Sector 7 has been one of the best ideas this organization has been a part of during Senator Kohl's tenure, a tenure that I have been one of the most vocal critics of. If Sector 7 were to engage in some sort of protest, it would ABSOLUTELY be shut down. I've put a TON of time into sustaining it and making sure it doesn't wither and die. It's something extremely worthwhile for the franchise and its fan base. I will not risk sacrificing it when there are other alternatives for people to show displeasure and effect change. I have always envisioned Squad 6, Sector 7, and whatever it might be called in the future, to outlast our current front office, owner, and even myself.

I am plenty critical of the decisions made by this organization, here, on facebook, on the radio, in person, etc.
So I am on board with people expressing their displeasure and hopefully getting Senator Kohl to realize that what we are doing is NOT working, has not worked, really cannot work, and must be changed.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#91 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

fair enough.

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#92 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:Image

:lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#93 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Kudos GAD to standing up for that. I think it would make a statement, but agree that it would just get shut down and ruin a good thing.

I really think the best option is to try to get public forums to talk about it. Like WSSP, TWC 32, JS, etc. Maybe that will get some more people talking, etc. The problem, like MD said, is we have a small percentage of die hards p*ssed off and 99% of the State who don't care. They are more worried about Chris Narvelson's comeback, fundamental Badger basketball, and who the Packers are targeting in the draft. You can't carry a show on Bucks anymore. Majority of callers want to talk other stuff.

And I really wonder what guys like Paschke, McGlocklin, Ted, and some of their office workers TRULY think of the organizations direction when off the clock. I know alot of these guys are probably getting close to retirement, so maybe they're just putting in their last years of work. But I would have to think realistically they realize the team is spinning its wheels.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#94 » by Wilford Brimley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:58 pm

N8Frog wrote:Kudos GAD to standing up for that. I think it would make a statement, but agree that it would just get shut down and ruin a good thing.

I really think the best option is to try to get public forums to talk about it. Like WSSP, TWC 32, JS, etc. Maybe that will get some more people talking, etc. The problem, like MD said, is we have a small percentage of die hards p*ssed off and 99% of the State who don't care. They are more worried about Chris Narvelson's comeback, fundamental Badger basketball, and who the Packers are targeting in the draft. You can't carry a show on Bucks anymore. Majority of callers want to talk other stuff.

And I really wonder what guys like Paschke, McGlocklin, Ted, and some of their office workers TRULY think of the organizations direction when off the clock. I know alot of these guys are probably getting close to retirement, so maybe they're just putting in their last years of work. But I would have to think realistically they realize the team is spinning its wheels.

There's the rub.

No one wants to talk about the Bucks because they suck, but thats exactly why they should be talked about.
tski1972
Head Coach

Post#95 » by tski1972 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 pm

N8Frog wrote:Kudos GAD to standing up for that. I think it would make a statement, but agree that it would just get shut down and ruin a good thing.

The bolded part is difficult, considering Bill Michaels is currently airing a Ted Thompson press conference from the NFL combine. Then again, it is the Bill Michaels show so.....

Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#96 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 pm

It's more like 95% of the state doesn't care, 4% think the swag twins and our "go for it" mentality is awesome, and 1% are pi$$ed off.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#97 » by RiotPunch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah, a lot of people that I know that are 'Bucks fans' are absolutely delusional and supportive of every move the Bucks make. Posters of Monta Ellis in their apartments, etc. We are a rare breed on this board, there's not enough people that think like us, or that give a rip at all.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#98 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:09 pm

#8 is not a goal. Nobody is happy with just #8 spot. There are only 2 paths we could take. One is through lottery and another is step by step. Some of us realized that no matter what we say it will not be through lottery. So I say shut up and support what you have. Only 30 towns on this planet have NBA team and our is top 16 right now with young players all around.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#99 » by Sigra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Yeah, a lot of people that I know that are 'Bucks fans' are absolutely delusional and supportive of every move the Bucks make. Posters of Monta Ellis in their apartments, etc. We are a rare breed on this board.

Thank God. That post make me feel better. My apology to that normal Bucks fans.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#100 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:
whatthe_buck!? wrote:
DrugBust wrote:Vacating Squad 6 (or again, whatever it's called) doesn't cost the team or the fans anything. The seats are bought and paid for. So what I'm saying is if these fans want to really send a message, they should collectively not show up.

Maybe the the entire group doesn't care about today's moves and are perfectly fine with the status quo. But from the looks of this thread there are some from the group that don't like the management.

So take a stand and really make a statement. A bagnight would mean nothing compared to members of the vocal group that everyone notices not showing up.

But don't the bucks sanction/pay for sector 7? If so vacating the section would probably just result in the team cancelling the whole program (if they're not already planning to at the end of the season)...

Everyone is wasting their time talking about doing anything involving Sector 7 (the new Squad 6). That is not going to happen on my watch. Never. I help run Sector 7, for those that don't know, or may have forgotten. And trying to circumvent me and go directly to my members won't work either. First, I would absolutely find out. I'm in regular contact with almost every member and personal friends with many of our members. Second, I've been given broad discretion on how to fill the section, so even if somehow people could convince a number of my members to not show up, etc., those seats wouldn't be empty. I would just fill those spots with people already in the arena who I give Bucks gear to (t-shirts normally tossed out in t-shirt toss, etc.)

Again, there's no point to discussing it. Squad 6 / Sector 7 has been one of the best ideas this organization has been a part of during Senator Kohl's tenure, a tenure that I have been one of the most vocal critics of. If Sector 7 were to engage in some sort of protest, it would ABSOLUTELY be shut down. I've put a TON of time into sustaining it and making sure it doesn't wither and die. It's something extremely worthwhile for the franchise and its fan base. I will not risk sacrificing it when there are other alternatives for people to show displeasure and effect change. I have always envisioned Squad 6, Sector 7, and whatever it might be called in the future, to outlast our current front office, owner, and even myself.

I am plenty critical of the decisions made by this organization, here, on facebook, on the radio, in person, etc.
So I am on board with people expressing their displeasure and hopefully getting Senator Kohl to realize that what we are doing is NOT working, has not worked, really cannot work, and must be changed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkr99Ow4fo[/youtube]
Do it for Chuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks