paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Re: Simmons & Lowe weigh in. Redick a "a very, very good pla 

Post#81 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:
Just so that you guys know what you're getting in the deal in Ayon and Ish

Thanks for the scouting report. Since we've had Daniel Santiago and Royal Ivey on our roster in years past, we will be able to relate to our new players. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#82 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

edit
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#83 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:Ayon: Painful player to watch, I'am really, really glad he's gone. Not really good at anything.

That's Pryz's job.
Nothing will not break me.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#84 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:17 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:
He's 28.

With the 35 year olds GoS wants to sign, 28 actually is the age of a prospect to him. Tobes is just getting potty trained.

Magic fan here.

Just so that you guys know what you're getting in the deal in Ayon and Ish

Ayon: Painful player to watch, I'am really, really glad he's gone. Not really good at anything. Thinks he's steve nash with passes, forgets hes 6'10 and will force passes when he should shoot it next to the basket. Has no idea how to play defense. At all. Not athlete, just a really pitiful player, iam sorry you have him.

Sounds like a homeless man's version of

FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#85 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 am

europa wrote:
SmiteaDwight wrote:Not really good at anything.

That's Hammond's job.

Fixed.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#86 » by jeremyd236 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 am

Scoops wrote:This trade is like swapping a powerball ticket for a ham sandwich. The sandwich is kind of enjoyable but quickly gone and you would have been fine without it and the powerball ticket if you get lucky might turn into $3.

At the end of the day who **** cares.

That's exactly how I view it. The only thing I'd add is that the size of the sandwich is in the air right now (does he walk or resign?). I don't mind this trade.
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#87 » by kebzach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 am

WEFFPIM wrote:So, to clarify, the Bucks gave up a 20-year-old forward who hasn't been given a shot, a rookie guard who's still very raw, and a sought-after expiring for a 29-year-old shooting guard who will get overpaid this offseason, a 27-year-old prospect and a guy named Ishmael.

All while keeping a shooting guard that shoots 26% from deep.

Wow. Look at my pants tent grow.

1. The expiring that the Bucks gave up is the exact same expiring that the Bucks got in the form of Redick. No change there.

2. Rookie guards who are raw- I will GUARANTEE you that you can't find another one of those this summer. I will flat out guarantee you can find another 2nd round pick (available for $ 1M or less from about a dozen teams on draft night) that will shoot you under 40%. Lamb was EXTREMELY replacable.

3. Harris has 34 career games with at least 10 minutes of PT. Is that a lot? No. Is that something? Yes. In those games alone, he had "flashes" that showed he had more potential. And, he had "flashes" that said "this guy isn't going to work out for us". So at the end of the day, he's moving on. Maybe he will catch fire in Orlando, maybe he won't. Again though...there will be another Harris in this year's draft.

The Bucks haven't exactly invested a ton into this guy, and losing him was a reasonable loss to get an established, starting qualtiy sort of SG.
europa
RealGM

Post#88 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 am

Scoops wrote:At the end of the day who **** cares.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sxdm5ktwqk[/youtube]
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#89 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 am

trwi7 wrote:I don't know where you got that I loved Harris. I was laughing at him being an efficient 20 ppg scorer and made jokes about it throughout the year but if you're going to trade him, trade him for something that's guaranteed to be here for more than 30 **** games or trade him for a player that will actually do something for this franchise like maybe help them win a playoff series instead of maybe just winning one or two games against the Heat.

He didn't have that kind of value. Because he wasn't that kind of asset.

So sure, then just keep him and take the eighth seed you were going to get anyway. Not gonna argue that's the end result here.

But I like Redick and I like that the Bucks can get a look with him in the lineup for the next 30 games. Maybe it also gives the team an advantage if they try to re-sign him. I don't know. But since they were an 8th seed with or without the deal I'd prefer to have less Monta and more enjoyable basketball.

They can still tear everything down. Monta can leave, the Bucks can draft a PG and let Jennings walk and Redick can go elsewhere. Could easily happen. All they're out then is the #19 pick who couldn't find time. Whatever.
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#90 » by SmiteaDwight » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am

to quote one of our mods's comments watching Ayon at our last game thread:

"Ayon ordering an enchilada while his man scores"
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,754

Post#91 » by Ayt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:22 am

LUKE23 wrote:LOL. Ayon isn't a prospect. He's 27.

And turns 28 in about a month.

Meanwhile, Tobias is still the 11th youngest player in the league despite it being his second season. If he had stayed at Tennessee another year, there is almost no question he'd be a top 10 pick. It is ludicrous to think he doesn't have some solid upside given his age and what he has shown offensively.
kebzach
Bench Warmer

Post#92 » by kebzach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

For those of you who feel that Harris wasn't ever given a real chance...wasn't he gifted the starting forward job for the entire training camp this season? Wasn't that job his for the taking? And then he failed to take it?

If that's not a real chance, what is?
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#93 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

kebzach wrote:
WEFFPIM wrote:So, to clarify, the Bucks gave up a 20-year-old forward who hasn't been given a shot, a rookie guard who's still very raw, and a sought-after expiring for a 29-year-old shooting guard who will get overpaid this offseason, a 27-year-old prospect and a guy named Ishmael.

All while keeping a shooting guard that shoots 26% from deep.

Wow. Look at my pants tent grow.

1. The expiring that the Bucks gave up is the exact same expiring that the Bucks got in the form of Redick. No change there.

2. Rookie guards who are raw- I will GUARANTEE you that you can't find another one of those this summer. I will flat out guarantee you can find another 2nd round pick (available for $ 1M or less from about a dozen teams on draft night) that will shoot you under 40%. Lamb was EXTREMELY replacable.

3. Harris has 34 career games with at least 10 minutes of PT. Is that a lot? No. Is that something? Yes. In those games alone, he had "flashes" that showed he had more potential. And, he had "flashes" that said "this guy isn't going to work out for us". So at the end of the day, he's moving on. Maybe he will catch fire in Orlando, maybe he won't. Again though...there will be another Harris in this year's draft.

The Bucks haven't exactly invested a ton into this guy, and losing him was a reasonable loss to get an established, starting qualtiy sort of SG.

Just quickly given you've got the details in front of you, during how many of those 34 games was Harris the youngest player in the NBA according to everyone except Biyombo's passport?

Man, we really gave that kid a shot.
kebzach
Bench Warmer

Post#94 » by kebzach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 am

Ayt wrote:

Meanwhile, Tobias is still the 11th youngest player in the league despite it being his second season. If he had stayed at Tennessee another year, there is almost no question he'd be a top 10 pick. It is ludicrous to think he doesn't have some solid upside given his age and what he has shown offensively.

If he'd stayed at TN, his skills would have continued to develop. But he didn't. So they didn't.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#95 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 am

SmiteaDwight wrote:to quote one of our mods's comments watching Ayon at our last game thread:

"Ayon ordering an enchilada while his man scores"

Racism a thing over there? Cool, bro.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#96 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

that wasnt my point. it was simply to state that its very likely that the only player in this deal thats ever worth a sht is jj redick. i fully expect ayon to be a poor mans udoh with his greatest strength being the ability to create new milwaukee bucks realgm fans speaking english as their 2nd language.
europa
RealGM

Post#97 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

kebzach wrote:
If that's not a real chance, what is?

Playing on a team that doesn't have Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis as teammates.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#98 » by paul » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

Ayt wrote:

Remember, he is what he is.

Just look at Bogut after his second season, he was what he was, right? Must have read that a hundred times on the forum that year, so it had to be true.

As for that Sanders muppet, that dude will be out of the NBA before his 4th season, can't believe we picked that scrub in the late teens and held on to him enough to give him some meaningful minutes.
europa
RealGM

Post#99 » by europa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i fully expect ayon to be a poor mans udoh

Now that's just being mean to the guy.
kebzach
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by kebzach » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:26 am

paul wrote:Just quickly given you've got the details in front of you, during how many of those 34 games was Harris the youngest player in the NBA according to everyone except Biyombo's passport?

Man, we really gave that kid a shot.

See my post about him being gifted a starting job...what did he do with it?

As far as his age is concerned, if youth is that great, then maybe the Bucks should go find some 7th and 8th graders to bring into the fold. The fact that Harris is 20 is great and all but that in no way shape or form guarantees improvement in future years. Look at someone like Jennings for a prime example of youth not equaling improvement in future seasons.

Give me a 23 or 24 year old who may have a lower ceiling, but who can play on day #1, over a 19 year old "prospect".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks