yardbarker

Milwaukee Bucks All-Star Game Selections

Season Player Selection Type
2003-2004 Michael Redd Reserves (Coaches)
2001-2002 Ray Allen Reserves (Coaches)
2000-2001 Ray Allen Reserves (Coaches)
2000-2001 Glenn Robinson Reserves (Coaches)
1999-2000 Ray Allen Reserves (Coaches)
1999-2000 Glenn Robinson Reserves (Coaches)

See all Milwaukee Bucks All-Stars

Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick or Klay Thompson?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Who would you rather have on the Bucks roster now?

J.J. Redick
41
38%
Klay Thompson
66
62%
 
Total votes : 107

Post#1 Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick or
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 pm by paulpressey25

If you could have one guy on the roster today, who would it be?

J.J. Redick - $7mm this year and FA in July

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3024/jj-redick


Klay Thompson - $2.2mm this year, $2.3mm next year then RFA year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6475/klay-thompson
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,081
And1: 985
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#2 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:20 pm by paulpressey25

Put aside all the issues we vetted out yesterday (Monta, Josh Smith, playoff run, Redick being the best player in the deal, etc.)

Unless you guys surprise me in this poll and vote for Redick, the Klay Thompson discussion highlights well how the Bucks have consistently mismanaged assets and maybe the real reason why people are so upset.

If we agree to stipulate that in the 2011 draft the Bucks would have selected Klay Thompson with either the 7th overall or 10th overall draft pick, which has been reported on here, you can track how this asset was wasted over the last two years.

We start out on draft day 2011 where we split the value of that lotto pick in half. We allocate half of the value to acquiring Stephen Jackson and half to acquiring Tobias Harris. In 2011-12, Stephen Jackson was such a mess that we had to use a positive asset in Bogut to take him off the team. And we’ve gotten nothing out of Tobias in two years.

Additionally, because we are so focused on “win-now” 8th seed, we don’t give Tobias serious minutes either. I don’t think they guy will amount to a great player, nor am I crushed we traded him. But we really didn’t give him the minutes needed to see if he could flourish.

So now we arrive at yesterday where the Bucks send off the Tobias asset and what we basically have to show for that 2011 lotto pick is 29 games with JJ Redick. A nice player but also a guy who we will pay at least $30 million to in the offseason we want him to stick around.

We could have just drafted Klay Thompson and had the benefit of a good young sharpshooter on a rookie deal for all of the last two years. Instead the Bucks took that 2011 draft pick and completely mis-managed and depreciated it. We seem to have a knack for doing that with all our assets. Do people disagree?
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,081
And1: 985
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#3 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 pm by jakecronus8

This is a perfect topic to prove how awful Hammond is as a GM and I honestly don't see how anyone can support him anymore. His entire time here seems to be moves trying to atone for the last mistake he made. Just a wretched GM especially for a small market team.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
jakecronus8
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,308
And1: 265
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Top

Post#4 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm by jtrinaldi

At least hammond has 3 more years to run this organization further into the ground
jtrinaldi
Banned User
Posts: 1,045
And1: 21
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Top

Post#5 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:26 pm by tski1972

is Monta still on the team?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart.
tski1972



Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 876
And1: 86
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Top

Post#6 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 pm by ampd

paulpressey25 wrote: the Bucks took that 2011 draft pick and completely mis-managed and depreciated it. We seem to have a knack for doing that with all our assets. Do people disagree?


No disagreement here
ampd
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,057
And1: 368
Joined: Dec 6, 2010
Top

Post#7 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm by JoeyMorgan619

I like how nobody has answered the question yet. I'll take Redick easily.
Image
JoeyMorgan619
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 849
And1: 465
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Alabama
Top

Post#8 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 pm by paulpressey25

jakecronus8 wrote: His entire time here seems to be moves trying to atone for the last mistake he made.


He is terrible, but Kohl is the guy who hired him, employs him and gives him direction. I did this thread because I got tired of hearing a few guys on WSSP talk about how in a vacuum the Redick trade was great.

If you trace back the assets we used to acquire him, the trail presents a very different story.

And we've now done this over and over the last five years.

Yi asset used for RJ who because of his huge salary and declining play we had to downgrade to Kurt Thomas, Delfino and Bruce Bowen's expiring.

Mo Williams, who due to salary and fit issues we had to dump for Ridnour, who we then tried to later dump with Potsie for more salary space. But when we couldn't dump Ridnour that meant we had to dump Ramon Sessions and not match his reasonable contract. Then in 2010 when Ridnour actually turns into a positive value player, we let him walk as a free agent because we supposedly don't have the money to pay a backup PG $4 million a year (Hello Beno! at $7.5 million a year one year later)

Gadzuric and Bell's expiring contracts used to acquire Maggette, who we had to then spend that 2011 lotto pick on to acquire Stephen Jackson, who we then had to blow part of the Bogut asset to dump.

Bogut who we had to use to dump Jackson and acquire Monta and Udoh, who we apparently tried to dump in different trades yesterday.

The only positive one I can think of is John Salmons. We got him for nothing and in the trade out, actually got positive value in Beno and moving up from pick 10 to pick 7 in 2011. But we turned around and pissed away that value.

I'm missing other examples that you guys can fill in.
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,081
And1: 985
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#9 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:42 pm by emunney

I just don't like Klay Thompson, but I agree with the underlying point.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
emunney
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 29,116
And1: 850
Joined: Feb 21, 2005
Location: Trusting in Thannies
Top

Post#10 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 pm by JayMKE

It's not even really a question. Klay is 23, on his rookie contract, already a comparable player to Redick, and likely to get better. It's not even close.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 10,283
And1: 263
Joined: Jun 21, 2010
Location: AZ
Top

Post#11 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 pm by ReasonablySober

emunney wrote:I just don't like Klay Thompson, but I agree with the underlying point.
ReasonablySober



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 53,435
And1: 868
Joined: Dec 1, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Top

Post#12 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm by H2tObes

Redick>>>>>>>Thompson

I'd take Redick fairly easily because I would hate for Thompson to be a long term solution at SG, when his shot it off he is a enormous net negative on the court, literally can't do anything else at an average level. He tries to do to much.
Kerb Hohl wrote:I don't even want to imagine the promotions and job titles we'd see if the inner-circle got this team to mid-40s wins again.

Super Director of Vice Presidency of Win Now Operations.


http://www.saveourbucks.com
H2tObes

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,629
And1: 270
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: In Drew Goodens goatee
Top

Post#13 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 pm by worthlessBucks

Embarrassing when you drill up from each of Hammond's moves. It really has nothing to do with Redick, it's just the path the Bucks have taken to get where they sit today. The same idiotic path we'll be discussing in a year's time, then the next year, then the next, until they finally move.

You cannot hide from the truth anymore, every single person in the front office of the Bucks' organization is a moron. Kohl, Walter, Burr, whomever..they have no business running a basketball team.
The Milwaukee Bucks: Rebuilding despite their best efforts to compete

McDermott & Wilcox Plz
worthlessBucks

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,785
And1: 252
Joined: Jan 25, 2005
Location: I'm going to stare in the fire of us..
Top

Post#14 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm by wichmae

If we are lining up the players by skills alone and how they would fit on the roster I take JJ.
wichmae
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,324
And1: 42
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Top

Post#15 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm by The Wet Whistle

emunney wrote:I just don't like Klay Thompson, but I agree with the underlying point.


wichmae wrote:If we are lining up the players by skills alone and how they would fit on the roster I take JJ.


Agree with both
Ill-yasova wrote:I was comfortable with my sexuality until Carlos Delfino fixed his gaze on me and I immediately became pregnant. How am I supposed to deal with that?
The Wet Whistle
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,596
And1: 53
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
Location: Dude, where's my stealth tank?
Top

Post#16 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm by cam2win

wichmae wrote:If we are lining up the players by skills alone and how they would fit on the roster I take JJ.
cam2win




Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,818
And1: 6
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: Brew City
Top

Post#17 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm by ComeBackRay34

Agree, JJ is the better fit now for this season, but as the Bucks always seem to lack any vision, I take Thompson in the long run no questions ask. I see Reddick as the solid player that you know what you're gonna get but don't expect much more from. Thompson is a guy with good coaching and development could be a much better player than JJ in the long-run, maybe a top 5 SG. Not saying he will reach that, but that is his ceiling imo.
"Monta Ellis have it all" ~ from the Great One who's only difference from Wade is winning games, an all-star appearance, two championship rings, and two gold medals.
ComeBackRay34
Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 212
And1: 1
Joined: Jun 9, 2009
Location: 9th seed hell
Top

Post#18 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm by paulpressey25

emunney wrote:I just don't like Klay Thompson, but I agree with the underlying point.


Fair commentary. And that is my main point, i.e., we just keep devaluing these assets and never can build anything.

It seemed like for awhile on WSSP yesterday we reached a tipping point where people would start to see through this.

But we will see Redick tomorrow night shoot 7-10 in a Bucks win, and we'll forget once again all our underlying screwups.
paulpressey25



Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
User avatar
Posts: 41,081
And1: 985
Joined: Oct 26, 2002
Top

Post#19 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 pm by jakecronus8

paulpressey25 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote: His entire time here seems to be moves trying to atone for the last mistake he made.


He is terrible, but Kohl is the guy who hired him, employs him and gives him direction. I did this thread because I got tired of hearing a few guys on WSSP talk about how in a vacuum the Redick trade was great.

If you trace back the assets we used to acquire him, the trail presents a very different story.

And we've now done this over and over the last five years.

Yi asset used for RJ who because of his huge salary and declining play we had to downgrade to Kurt Thomas, Delfino and Bruce Bowen's expiring.

Mo Williams, who due to salary and fit issues we had to dump for Ridnour, who we then tried to later dump with Potsie for more salary space. But when we couldn't dump Ridnour that meant we had to dump Ramon Sessions and not match his reasonable contract. Then in 2010 when Ridnour actually turns into a positive value player, we let him walk as a free agent because we supposedly don't have the money to pay a backup PG $4 million a year (Hello Beno! at $7.5 million a year one year later)

Gadzuric and Bell's expiring contracts used to acquire Maggette, who we had to then spend that 2011 lotto pick on to acquire Stephen Jackson, who we then had to blow part of the Bogut asset to dump.

Bogut who we had to use to dump Jackson and acquire Monta and Udoh, who we apparently tried to dump in different trades yesterday.

The only positive one I can think of is John Salmons. We got him for nothing and in the trade out, actually got positive value in Beno and moving up from pick 10 to pick 7 in 2011. But we turned around and pissed away that value.

I'm missing other examples that you guys can fill in.

I'm sure there are more too. PP, next time the wssp guys are blowing Hammond on the air you should call in and read the above post. There's no way to refute any of those points.
steger_3434 wrote:This organization is utter trash. The only reason I like this team is because I live here and the only reason I live here is because I'm stupid.
jakecronus8
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,308
And1: 265
Joined: Feb 6, 2006
Top

Post#20 Re: Poll: Who would you rather have-JJ Redick
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:44 pm by InsideOut

For the rest of the season and the drive for the 8th seed I take JJ.

After that I'd take Klay by a wide margin. JJ is in a contract year and he knows this is his last chance to get a big contract. Howard left so this frees up more stats for everyone. If signed to long deal he will start to decline and this year will have been his best. Someday Hammond might figure out why you don't sign these guys in the first place. He likes to buy high and sell low.

Have been agreeing with PP main point point for 5 years. Hammond is just bad but we'll always have a couple posters living in denial.
John “Fred Sanford” Hammond.

Dealing in junk, scrap and unwanted players since 2008.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,252
And1: 159
Joined: Aug 22, 2006
Location: Hammond's junk yard
Top

Next

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RandyBreuer