yardbarker

New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Post#31 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 am by ackypoo

how often does a team fire its head coach and then go into win now mode with an interim. god damn mess.
"If I grew up on a farm, and was retahhhded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't."
ackypoo

Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 755
And1: 163
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
Top

Post#32 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:31 am by cellomac1212

KeyRabbit wrote:
The city doesn't deserve this sham.


Be very careful what you wish for... Thin Sacramento Kinks, Seattle Supersonincs, New Jersey Nets, etc., etc. etc...

I always thought it was better to have a playoff team than no team at all...
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,930
And1: 51
Joined: Jan 12, 2011
Top

Post#33 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:34 am by cellomac1212

linguini8 wrote:"We haven't been playing quite as well lately and we're hoping we can at least solidify this eight spot."

How unbelievably awful....This franchise is hot garbage.


GM wants playoffs...

Fans want the 12th-15th draft pick...

How unbelievably awful...
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,930
And1: 51
Joined: Jan 12, 2011
Top

Post#34 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:39 am by Aaron It Out

Fans want a championship. Its really not that hard to understand. Surely youve been around this board long enough to realize this by now, so quit trolling.


For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened. He deserves the blame for that, unless Kohl forced his hand which I don't think necessarily happened but you can't factor that out.
TroyD92 wrote:Giannis got high as John Henson before a Chipotle run.
Aaron It Out




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,708
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Cult of Giannis
Top

Post#35 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 am by sidney lanier

Aaron It Out wrote: For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened.


Ah yes, the awesome power of the grocery bag. I suppose some may cower at it. Some might even dread the "Paper or plastic?" question posed by the bored high school kid bagging groceries as though it were a Zen koan. But I doubt that an NBA GM, even one for our favorite have-not team, fears a repeat of the Wrath of Kohl to the extent that he panics and makes unpremeditated moves.

Image

I smile whenever I read the things imputed to Herb Kohl here — puppet-master of mediocrity, meddlesome old man, longer for the eighth seed, center point in a misguided circle of friends. Every bad move bears the mark of Kohl, and every good move gets past him when he isn't looking. And the opinions are expressed with the certainty of the characters in 1984 describing the attributes of Big Brother.

I agree with you that Hammond is doing what Damon Runyon said we all do, which is the best we can. I disagree that he is a neurotic wreck pinballing from panic move to panic move because of ownership pressure.

Picking up Redick was a relatively inconsequential but logical move given the likelihood of an impending vacancy at the two. It will be nice to be able to kick the tires for the rest of the season and see what he is playing next to Jennings. But in the grand scheme of things, this was what most NBA trades are: garbage for garbage. Hardly a blip on the radar, even for a couple of have-not teams.

As Bucks fans, of course we'd like to see a championship team here. Nobody, probably not even our reviled little senator, wants repeated failure. But as long as the Association is three or four good teams and a couple of dozen Washington Generals, that's our fate. I'm glad I saw us win a coin flip four decades ago, and I hope we get lucky again someday, but in the meantime I'm not venting by spinning wacky theories.
sidney lanier
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 810
And1: 258
Joined: Feb 3, 2012
Top

Post#36 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 am by Nebula1

I definitely think Redick helps this team go on a run. If it doesn't happen, that's a damn shame, but I'm rooting for the playoffs.
Terrence Jones |
Nebula1


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 23,018
And1: 526
Joined: Aug 6, 2005
Location: Underground King
Top

Post#37 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 am by weezybaby856

19-10 to finish the season.

10 losses are:

@ Houston
@ Lob City
vs Miami
@ Atlanta
@ Indiana
vs OKC
@ New York
@ Miami
vs Denver
@ OKC

7 road losses and 3 home losses. Final record: 45-37.

Hard to predict how the other playoff teams will finish down the stretch as well but the seeding will be relatively close and we will definitely finish better than 8th seed but I have no idea how much better.

I guess I'd say as high as 5th and as low as 7th
Giannis + Jabari = The Future
weezybaby856




Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,918
And1: 117
Joined: Jul 4, 2008
Location: Jabari Island
Top

Post#38 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 am by JustinCredible

We have the 16th toughest schedule remaining.
76ers = 15th
Celtics = 25th
Raptors = 28th

Wouldn't be shocked to see us miss playoffs with the Celtics and Raptors getting in. Hopefully I am wrong because I would rather have playoffs than 9th seed.
Support the Bucks and keep them in Milwaukee!
Twitter: @itsjwills
JustinCredible




Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,831
And1: 186
Joined: Nov 7, 2005
Location: Madison, WI
Top

Post#39 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm by vegaspacker

I really believe that there was nothing more that could have been done during the trade deadline.

Adding Reddick does a few things IMHO. Brandon, and Monta realize that there is another guard capable of scoring. Boylan has some proof in the pudding with his previous play, and may potentially be able to reign in a more controlled style of play. The half court offense certainly has more opportunities too.

Bonus, we get to work with some pretty physically talented guards, evaluate them the remainder of the season and determine a direction for the future. All, some, or none for the next season and beyond are options for the future. If none, we pick up some FAs with one year deals, some scrubs and tank. Or pick up a few big time agents and lock them up hoping they can work.

Sure we lost Tobes... some are really upset. This guy has been here for a bit and practiced often, My guess is that he wasn't able to make much noise against MBAH and Sanders there. Maybe that is unfair, but the reality of the situation. He looked good in SL and at Tenn, but we don't run an offense for the SF.

Josh Smith, in hindsight I am glad this didn't go down. More chucking than highlights, and this team might have got out of control. Imagine Boylan pulling a Scotty on the sidelines, hands in head staring at the floor. Plus we could have really given up some valuable pieces that have shown ability on the floor, i.e. Sanders, Henson, or even a 1st.

The addition of Reddick opens up the floor for Duns, and Ersan... and as a consequence maybe a few more successful swag layups. The front court remains intact, and they have size and defensive abilities. Keeping Udoh on the court with JJ there is much better, now there is another option.

I think Lamb and Udrih will not be missed... Maybe Ish can play a bit and be a distributor role guy, but most likely he and Ayon are cheap bench guys. Either way, I believe we got the better deal... in a season that there were no big deals.

That said, we should improve over what we had going in. Maybe 7th seed, possibly 6th... still living by the jump ball but the spacing has potential to really improve the half-court game. Sammy might be a wild card in the playoffs... he surely won't beast, but he has the tools to get some easy inside stuff if the plays are mapped out.

Looking at 2013-14... the door is wide open. No, we won't be a contending 3 seed... but we will definitely have some options.

So, I think the Bucks have a chance to put something together these next few months. I remain optimistic and for-see that this was a pretty good course of action 'all things considered'. Good Day
Good things come to those who wait, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'
vegaspacker
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 56
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
Top

Post#40 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41 pm by vegaspacker

Having JJ in there, or on the team may also take some pressure off of Monta, and Jennings. I believe as competitors they really want to win, maybe this is a good mojo move too. It takes a little off of their shoulders.
Good things come to those who wait, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'
vegaspacker
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 56
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
Top

Post#41 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:49 pm by mlloyd10

PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard
KOHL MUST GO
mlloyd10



Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,112
And1: 181
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
Top

Post#42 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:50 pm by vegaspacker

mlloyd10 wrote:PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard


Beep... Beep, Beep... What's that? That's my Admiral Pike, early an Star Trek reference...

Sorry, I did not see the "State- Regular Season Record- and Playoff Season Seed Only" title to this thread, and respond to it as desired!!!

Some of us "poeple" "dont" recognize the cryptic method of communication, you 'believe' are employed here. I may have been verbose, in regards to what the off-season may lead too. Yet, I tried to rationalize what the acquisitions -vs- previous team components elements had to offer.

I feel that my post was well composed, maybe not collegial, but certainly informative of my opinion.
Good things come to those who wait, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'
vegaspacker
Senior
Posts: 650
And1: 56
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
Top

Post#43 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:08 pm by bullox

mlloyd10 wrote:PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard


Sorry deputy, you don't run things here. People talk about what they want. Welcome to the internet.
bullox
Banned User
Posts: 1,861
And1: 520
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Location: Its a dry heat they say.
Top

Post#44 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm by Aaron It Out

sidney lanier wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote: For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened.


Ah yes, the awesome power of the grocery bag. I suppose some may cower at it. Some might even dread the "Paper or plastic?" question posed by the bored high school kid bagging groceries as though it were a Zen koan. But I doubt that an NBA GM, even one for our favorite have-not team, fears a repeat of the Wrath of Kohl to the extent that he panics and makes unpremeditated moves.

Image

I smile whenever I read the things imputed to Herb Kohl here — puppet-master of mediocrity, meddlesome old man, longer for the eighth seed, center point in a misguided circle of friends. Every bad move bears the mark of Kohl, and every good move gets past him when he isn't looking. And the opinions are expressed with the certainty of the characters in 1984 describing the attributes of Big Brother.

I agree with you that Hammond is doing what Damon Runyon said we all do, which is the best we can. I disagree that he is a neurotic wreck pinballing from panic move to panic move because of ownership pressure.

Picking up Redick was a relatively inconsequential but logical move given the likelihood of an impending vacancy at the two. It will be nice to be able to kick the tires for the rest of the season and see what he is playing next to Jennings. But in the grand scheme of things, this was what most NBA trades are: garbage for garbage. Hardly a blip on the radar, even for a couple of have-not teams.

As Bucks fans, of course we'd like to see a championship team here. Nobody, probably not even our reviled little senator, wants repeated failure. But as long as the Association is three or four good teams and a couple of dozen Washington Generals, that's our fate. I'm glad I saw us win a coin flip four decades ago, and I hope we get lucky again someday, but in the meantime I'm not venting by spinning wacky theories.


Ok. You sound like Dennis Krause. Nothing is stopping any team from becoming a contendor other than bad management. But if you rather look at the Heat and Thunder as these big bad invincible teams that will never lose, so we might as well shoot for....whatever it is we're shooting for year in and year out.

I didnt just spin some wacky theory as you state. Hammond was played by Atlanta the whole time. They were the ones leaking the rumors the entire time. They wanted Sanders since the minute conversations started. They were playing along with anything Hammond offered, letting him think it was a done deal.

This all became very apparent the morning of the trade deadline, when Broussard was on ESPN saying "Certain teams are holding out until the last possible second, because in those last 15 minutes you see just how far a team is willing to go to get their guy."

But if you don't think Hammond panicked when the deal he thought was going through canceled with 60 seconds left to make a decision, then I'm not sure how human you think these people are.
TroyD92 wrote:Giannis got high as John Henson before a Chipotle run.
Aaron It Out




Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,708
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Cult of Giannis
Top

Post#45 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm by LUKE23

Sidney has been playing the "woe is us, we can't compete with these giants in our market" card for a while. He's a massive Kohl apologist.
Jim Paschke ‏@Paschketball 6 Apr
I just wish everyone could enjoy the ride. I see both sides believe me. Seed and situation never concern me. It's in or out. That's all


#8 seed first round series W-L since 1983-84: 4-56
LUKE23




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 65,275
And1: 1,565
Joined: May 25, 2005
Location: Stunville
Top

Post#46 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:46 pm by Thunder Muscle

In mid December I predicted the rest of the season out and without looking had them at 43-39 I believe. Right now I'm 2 games off. I had them at 28-25 at this point. Those Washington/Detroit home games were pretty much the difference, had them as wins.

I'll stick with 43-39 but my gut feeling says we're going to continue to slide. I don't see Monta conceding shots or playing to Redick. Jennings is already saying he has no problem playing 40 minutes and the quotes seemed kinda defensive. Boylan is going to have a hard time getting these guys their minutes and with being an interm I don't think he'll have the back-up to keep this team from a falling apart, mutiny, etc. I think this could turn ugly actually.
TBD
Thunder Muscle




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,240
And1: 262
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Top

Post#47 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 pm by EastSideBucksFan

Boylan needs to take away about 10 minutes from Monta.

We'll see how he handles this, but it doesn't sound like the Swag Twins are all that excited about Redicks arrival.
EastSideBucksFan

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,410
And1: 1,639
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Top

Post#48 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 pm by Wilford Brimley

Sidney, please answer me this question. Did MKE being in a small market cause these things?

2002:
Bucks - 13: Marcus Haislip
Pistons - 23: Tayshawn Prince

2004:
Bucks - 17: Josh Smith - traded

2005:
Bucks - 1: Andrew Bogut
Hornets - 4: Chris Paul

2006:
Bucks - 15: Traded
Suns - 21: Rajon Rondo

2007:
Bucks - 6: Yi
Bulls: - 9: Noah

2008:
Bucks - 8: Alexander
Nets - 10: Lopez
Raptors - 17: Hibbert

2011:
Bucks - 10: Traded
Warriors - 11: Clay Thompson
Pacers - 15: Kawhai Leonard
Knicks - 17: Shumpert


So, is this because we are a small market, or poor management? Please respond.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
Posts: 13,507
And1: 75
Joined: Dec 15, 2006
Location: Super Bowl I, II, XXXI, XLV Champions
Top

Post#49 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm by DocHoliday

I predict that there won't be any more new acquisitions the rest of the season
DocHoliday



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,092
And1: 1,497
Joined: Jun 29, 2007
Location: La Villa Strangiato
Top

Post#50 Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:59 pm by Thunder Muscle

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Boylan needs to take away about 10 minutes from Monta.

We'll see how he handles this, but it doesn't sound like the Swag Twins are all that excited about Redicks arrival.


I got that same impression. I mean both Jennings and Ellis are playing for a contract, have never seen a shot they don't like, and both are head strong. We'll see how it goes. If they are committed to winning, I could see it as a nice 3 man rotation of guards. If the Swag Brothers are not and play selfishly, then it may get ugly which in turn probably means Redick bolts for sure at the end of the year.

Realistically I would go...

Jennings (36)/Ellis (12)
Ellis (20) / Redick (28)
Moute (20-24) / Dunleavy (24) / Redick (0-4)
Ersan (28) / Henson (12) / Moute-Ayon (8)
Sanders (30) / Udoh-Henson (18)
TBD
Thunder Muscle




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,240
And1: 262
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Milwaukee Bucks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baddy Chuck, breakchains, Down To Buck, Eeavers57, J Squared, JayMKE, Pedro Alexandre, yannisk, Zeezprah